Without saying your age, who was your favorite player when you first started watching football?

It wasn’t when I first starting watching but I remember him being my favorite player, Leonard Little #1

One of his relatives visited my first job @ Blazer Financial Service) every month in Oak Ridge. Blazer was a sub prime finance loan company who changed names numerous times.
I can’t recall if it was Little’s uncle or grandfather but he was a nice guy. I never will forget how he said we would beat Florida only to be let down after the game. Those were the god days when we rarely lost. I think it was around 95-96.

Reactions: MAD
I still can't believe he never made it in the NFL. The guy was magic! I guess he just wasnt fast enough?
Probably. Johnny Mills once told me that he went to rookie camp with the San Diego Chargers, catching passes from John Hadl, and realized he wouldn't make it because "they had cornerbacks that could run faster backwards than I could forward."

Casey Clausen. Side note, my first UT football memory was Miami 03. I remember seeing Miami muff a punt or something, us recover, and me feeling sorry for Miami cause (in my 6 year old brain) we were already beating them so bad lol[/QUOTE
Fulmer went for it on 4th and goal. We were a double digit dog and then Winslow Jr went off on the locker room after the game with his “I’m a warrior” rant.

it’s okay to name the player as you can not control the behavior. I’m curious who it is.

As I tell my 17 yr old, like the player as a player, NOT a person. Charles Barkley said it best, “I am not a role model.”
My favorite UT player was Travis Henry
even more than Manning.

Sloan (went to my HS, Bradley Central in Cleveland), Centers, Seiver, and Punter/Kicker Townsend. Loved them all... a little later on, I really enjoyed watching Hollowaw as QB. Yikes, we are talking about the good ole days.

Peerless Price. I have his SI cover framed.

[No Doubt About It.. The Vols are Peerless]

VN Store

Back