Will this finally settle the Manning - Brady debate?

You would think the most perfectest,bestest QB ever and ever would have put more than 3 points on the scoreboard the 1st half and 1 touchdown for the whole game. I mean,according to some, it's the lowly Rams who didn't even deserve to be there. Seems like the greatest ever would have no trouble with them.

Reactions: jps2194 and KBVol
Is Marv Fleming -- 5 NFL Championships -- the Greatest Tight End of All Time?
Is Yogi Berra -- 11 World Series Rings -- the Greatest Catcher of All Time?
Is Bill Russell -- 11 NBA Championships -- the Greatest Center of All Time?

Being on a Championship Team doesn't make you the best position player in the league.
Exhibit A: Tom Brady.
Played for SB 53 Champions.
Not even 2nd-Team All-Pro.
Got ZERO NFL MVP votes.
So then who is?

Tom Brady will always have the stigma of being a cheat. If Peyton Manning would of had that 2015 Bronco defense about 5 years earlier he would of likely had 5 rings to finish up his career.

Would Tom Brady won as much if he came in the league in 1990 instead of 2000? Nope.

Tom Brady will always have the stigma of being a cheat. If Peyton Manning would of had that 2015 Bronco defense about 5 years earlier he would of likely had 5 rings to finish up his career.

Would Tom Brady won as much if he came in the league in 1990 instead of 2000? Nope.
Peyton had the stigma of a choker. Florida and big games in general.
If I had to win one game Manning is my QB

I don't think Bill gets enough credit. Sure, Brady is the GOAT but honestly, I don't think he would be here without BB. That dude can scheme for days and is only more dangerous in the playoffs. Although, I always wonder about his methods since SpyGate (not saying he does anything that other coaches don't do but still interesting).

Just saying!

bradyvader.gif

Last edited:
I don't think Bill gets enough credit. Sure, Brady is the GOAT but honestly, I don't think he would be here without BB. That dude can scheme for days and is only more dangerous in the playoffs. Although, I always wonder about his methods since SpyGate (not saying he does anything that other coaches don't do but still interesting).
BB is the Goat! ! Brady got another ring but the other team scored 3 points! 3 freakin points! Patriots coulda traded Brady for Aaron Rogers 10 years ago and BB would probably have a couple more rings than he has now

It boils down to 1 thing, Championships. Peyton is the greatest regular season QB in the history of the game. Brady is the greatest post season QB...the truth is if Peyton has gone to Michigan and Brady has been a Vol, every single person on this board would say Brady is the GOAT. It’s just fan worshiping bias, we all do it. The same logic is used when comparing Jordan to LeBron, 6 rings to 3. It’s how most people define greatness

It boils down to 1 thing, Championships. Peyton is the greatest regular season QB in the history of the game. Brady is the greatest post season QB...the truth is if Peyton has gone to Michigan and Brady has been a Vol, every single person on this board would say Brady is the GOAT. It’s just fan worshiping bias, we all do it. The same logic is used when comparing Jordan to LeBron, 6 rings to 3. It’s how most people define greatness

Im not arguing this subject, but there is no doubt whatsoever about the bold being true. Lol.

Brady is the greatest ever and it’s not even a debate anymore. Peyton has a heckuva argument for “next best” along with Drew Brees. I think the top three are clear; Brady and then Peyton/Brees. After that is where it gets interesting.

At this point, I’d say:

1) Brady
2) Peyton (with Brees closing in fast)
3) Brees
4) Montana
5) Favre

The hell it ain’t. I’m 100% convinced ANY of these other 4 QBs and probably a dozen more over the last 18-19 years could’ve been Belichick’s QB and they’d have 6 Super Bowl rings as well........read this.....1260B7CA-1E74-4433-A2DD-DD056A61E65F.png

Brady is the greatest ever and it’s not even a debate anymore. Peyton has a heckuva argument for “next best” along with Drew Brees. I think the top three are clear; Brady and then Peyton/Brees. After that is where it gets interesting.

At this point, I’d say:

1) Brady
3) Brees
4) Montana
5) Favre
And this....

60CBCE7D-6360-4F60-AB56-60A09753D446.png

Reactions: spyfish007

At this point, I’d say:

1) Brady
3) Brees
4) Montana
5) Favre
And this....

E7B0B83F-ED95-4C18-BC3F-C46106A482FB.png

Brady is a great QB. But THE reason the Pats have had the success they’ve had is Bill Belichick, his system and Pats management. Any one of a dozen other QBs other than Tom Brady would’ve won all those games and Titles with Bill Belichick and that incredible system they run (offensively and defensively) that nobody else can figure out.

Reactions: spyfish007
No, no he’s not. He’s an outstanding QB, a HOF QB who’s had the incredible good fortune to play for Belichick. Without him, he’s not even in the GOAT discussion.

Reactions: Gandalf
The problem for Manning is that all of his records will end up getting broken and then he's just a guy in a list of other really great QBs like Rogers, Breeze, Brady plus all the historical greats. Eventually Manning wont have anything over anyone on a stats based or championship based list.

Reactions: 05_never_again
I'm not sure I understand your question. Belichick has a good system, Brady is a good system qb. Did he have a good system with Bledsoe? I don't remember honestly.
He had a great (not good) system with Matt Freaking Cassell....won 11 games with HIM. Is Brady a great NFL, HOF QB? Of course. Is he the GOAT? No way to know. He doesn’t sniff all those wins, all those super bowls without Belichick, his incomparable system, and that great Patriot defense. As a matter of fact, if Aaron Rodgers is Belichick’s QB all these years, I believe they have more than 9 SB appearances and 6 rings.

That's awesome, combining two players stats to compare to one players worst....nice
Thanks. Read em all. Stat after stat after stat shows that the same or better QB performances from other top QBs of the same era that Brady has had over the years wins him far more games because he plays for the Pats. The Pats ultimately win because of Belichick, not Brady. Tom plays his role very well in a superior system. There are many, many other contemporary QBs that would’ve won as much or more games and titles as Brady has.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Peyton had the stigma of a choker. Florida and big games in general.
If I had to win one game Manning is my QB
You mean Brady? As good as Peyton was, his teams were 12-13 in the playoffs, including 9 one-and-dones. A couple of those one-and-dones came after a 13 or 14-win regular season and were shocking, almost inexplicable losses. To be fair, that has also happened a couple times to Brady (2009 and 2010), but Brady also has 6 total SBs to make up for it.

Peyton never had the head coaching and defense Brady has, but Peyton had far more weapons on offense to play with than Brady has. Belichick, with a couple of exceptions, has had all this success with a rotating cast of solid but not great players around Brady, who at the start of his career was just "a guy" himself.

I think @MWAVolfan makes a great point that when you get down to it, Peyton is known more for the counting stats (yards, TDs, etc.) and over time those records get broken or look less impressive, especially as the game continues to be so offense and QB-oriented. Peyton is a couple of playoff runs away from being thought of like Dan Marino.

BRADY is the single consistent PLAYER over the last 17 years on the Patriots. And last time I checked....Belichik doesn't call plays on offense.
How many OCs have the Patriots had over the last 17 years??

How many OCs did Manning have for the Colts? for Denver?
Watch the interviews---it was MANNING'S SYSTEM on offense all those years for the Colts. The OC was just there to give advice.

Manning had the SAME GUYS working the same routes to establish the SAME TIMING over the great majority of his career.
IT was MANNING'S system....and he knew how to get his offense into the right play....but when that broke down, HE WAS DONE!

Brady has NEVER had that luxury!!

IF anything....MANNING is a SYSTEM QB!

GAME WINNING drives in the PLAYOFFS.....

Brady = 12
John Elway = 6
Joe Montana = 6
Eli Manning = 5
Dan Marino = 4

Peyton Manning = 2....

It ain't even close! And Brady has done it WITHOUT HOF players.....

SIMPLY STATED..... BRADY is THE GUY you want at QB with the game on the line---BAR NONE!

So much for this "SYSTEM" crap...... It's just LAZINESS to use that argument....and flat out WRONG, TOO!

VN Store

Back