Will this be Holly Warlick's last game as Lady Vols coach?

For coaches like Holly, Stephanie white and Nikki that are on the hot seat, is there normally an announcement that they are staying or do fans and recruits just assume.

Last edited:
Holly was the most logical choice to replace Pat. I don't think there was anyone...including people on this site...that did not think it was a great idea. It didn't work out the way everyone thought.....but she is still being measured by Pat's success. I am not sure it's fair to do that but that is a choice she made. You can't be the legend you replace (18 Final Fours and 8 national titles...geez) .....and you can't be better than Pat. Holly was doomed from day one.

Dumb

Fulmer will NEVER let her go! He has made too many comments related to that. I think he feels as though she is in the same situation he was in in '08. And, the choice to let him go was the right one!

Reactions: BreatheUT
I disagree. Nikki Caldwell was the obvious and correct choice. Former LV who was a HC with success on the floor and in recruiting.
They blew it and we are paying for it.
Yeah I thought the same thing at that time. But Caldwell has done nothing at LSU, and I would think is on the hot seat. I believe she’s being paid a lot of $ for such a poor coaching performance. Of course she would have been better than holly, but that’s not saying much.

Reactions: mcannon1
No she stays! And next years team will win more games maybe even 2nd in SEC! But that wont be due to Coaching or this team being good it will be due to most SEC teams having to replace some great Seniors!

No she stays! And next years team will win more games maybe even 2nd in SEC! But that wont be due to Coaching or this team being good it will be due to most SEC teams having to replace some great Seniors!
Only if key players do not transfer

Reactions: BUBear
UCLA will beat Tennessee 74-68 and Holly Warlick will announce her retirement as Tennessee women's head basketball coach sometime next week(I've got my fingers crossed;))

Reactions: flint
He said that we can not blame Holly because of Pat's success.
Take the orange colored glasses off Mad.

How in the world is stating that the vast majority of fans want a coaching change (including myself) wearing orange color glasses?

Superfly explained his/her post to you directly.

He is saying that other schools might be more tolerant of Holly's record but that she is still responsible for the current state of the program.

As previously noted, I disagree with the first part of Superfly's statement but the second is a far cry from saying "it is not Holly's fault."

But Superfly aside hey, I will give it you you dude. You are the only person who sees the TRUTH that LVs are under performing and need a coaching change.

Keep fighting the good fights agains the hoards of posters who saying Holly forever!

If she stays then that's going to say a lot about Fulmer for me. The right thing to do is to find a way to part ways with Holly. Unfortunately it didn't work out with her ...... whether it's her ability to coach or not ...... it's just not working. Another year isn't going to change that outcome, and that is something Holly has proven. Cut ties or face the consequences.

Been saying this since Warlick got the job - "she does know how to coach". 7ish yeas proves my point. Entitlement is not a qualification. Great coaching - hell, good coaching - is not about Xs and Os. John Wooden and Phil Jackson and dare I mention his name...Auriemma...are all example of how to coach - by LEADERSHIP. Holly has none. I believe the Atheletic Department and perhaps even the AD himself do not regard the UT Women's Basketball program to have any redeeming value. That is whyshe was chosen and allowed to fail so well. Vandy did it right. They chose well and gave Bryce 3 years. UT did neither.
Anyway, I'm done with most of the women's game. You lost more than games Holly - you lost a fan...for life.

Reactions: cutiepie5 and flint
Wrong. There were plenty of us who knew that it was a bad choice to hire Holly. Who do you think was running this team the last couple of years that Pat was here? Some of us foresaw EXACTLY what is happening now but every time we said anything it was shot down as not being a true fan or some of that other b.s. Holly Warlick can't coach, can't teach but sure as hell can place the blame on her players. It will be a glorious day when she's fired or quits, either just way is fine as long as she's gone.
She was the wrong choice from the start.

Holly has a chance to break one more great Pat streak before the season is over. Who wants to guess what it is?

First time they have not reached 20 wins in consecutive since ???? way back when. Probably before since I started watching 36 years ago.

My money is on her staying. Maybe if Tennessee didn't make the tournament, but sadly, her career was probably extended by virtue of beating that powerhouse LSU in the SECT.

Fulmer will NEVER let her go! He has made too many comments related to that. I think he feels as though she is in the same situation he was in in '08. And, the choice to let him go was the right one!
At that point, yes. What PF needed was a kick in his ass, several years before that! Phil! You better start recruiting some damn athletes up in here, son!! And he should've fired Randy Sanders, not long after the 99' season.

VN Store

Back