Will the Steelers keep Dobbs?

In the pre-season games, Dobbs looked bad.

Think he needs a couple of years to sit and watch Big Ben.

Dobbs never looked like he could throw the ball well enough consistently in college and that only gets tougher in the NFL

Same goes for his speed and ability to break tackles while in college. That will become harder to do against NFL athletes

Dobbs never looked like he could throw the ball well enough consistently in college and that only gets tougher in the NFL

Same goes for his speed and ability to break tackles while in college. That will become harder to do against NFL athletes

Big Boi knows; he watched Tim Tebow.

We loved him as a Vol and he made us a heck of a lot better than we would have been without him.

Being objective, he likely will not have much success in the NFL.

Many posters on here said that from the start.

They aren’t getting rid of him. The plan was to let him learn and groom him. That’s exactly what they’re doing. Anyone who knows football knows that Dobbs clearly outplayed Jones in the preseason. It’s all part of their plan.

Lol...do what?

Jones was hurt for most of the preseason and didn't even play until the 3rd game, where he played most of the game and did pretty well. Dobbs overall did average at best, and was downright terrible in his second game against Atlanta. His best game was his 4th game where they let Jones play 1 series and then Dobbs did well against guys who mostly didn't even make the team.

The Chiefs are giving Mahomes the key for their game sunday. Usually NFL teams who clinch will rest their QBs and main contributors.

Well, the Steelers clinched and apparently they resting Big Ben.... for Landry Jones.

If Landry plays the whole game and Dobbs doesn't go in, I hate to say it but I think Dobbs will be on a new team next year or maybe not even in the NFL. :(

No!

:thud:

Scary - looks like watching Netflix Dark messed you up beyond repair. :cray:

Great show. I highly recommend it. And they are on the right track. However, my knowledge of the truth of our reality is independent of any TV show. Its based on hard science.

Great show. I highly recommend it. And they are on the right track. However, my knowledge of the truth of our reality is independent of any TV show. Its based on hard science.

Which Hall of Famer would you compare Dark to? I’ll hang up and listen. :)

In the pre-season games, Dobbs looked bad.

Think he needs a couple of years to sit and watch Big Ben.

In the preseason they didn't craft the offense to his skill set. He was doing largely under center full progression reads. Good things for his development. Bad things if it's just about looking good in the short term.

You best believe if the Steelers were forced to start Dobbs the next couple of games, they wouldn't use that game plan. They would craft the game plan to his skills like the Texans did with Watson. So you would see a lot more shotgun snaps. A lot more read option. More half field reads. And way more designed runs.

This is why you can never take preseason too seriously. In 2011, Cam Newton looked terrible in the preseason because the Panthers were just running a typical NFL playbook. Then in the regular season he lit it up and won rookie of the year because the Panthers changed the playbook to include more of the things Cam did well at Auburn in terms of read option, designed runs, and shotgun snaps.

Dobbs was just fine in the preseason given what he was asked to do.

Reactions: 1 person

He only led the SEC in QB rating and TD passes as a senior.

You guys will look more silly doubting Dobbs than you do now looking silly at doubting Alvin when I said he was the best RB in the 2017 draft and the next Marshall Faulk.

Reactions: 2 people
In the preseason they didn't craft the offense to his skill set. He was doing largely under center full progression reads. Good things for his development. Bad things if it's just about looking good in the short term.

You best believe if the Steelers were forced to start Dobbs the next couple of games, they wouldn't use that game plan. They would craft the game plan to his skills like the Texans did with Watson. So you would see a lot more shotgun snaps. A lot more read option. More half field reads. And way more designed runs.

This is why you can never take preseason too seriously. In 2011, Cam Newton looked terrible in the preseason because the Panthers were just running a typical NFL playbook. Then in the regular season he lit it up and won rookie of the year because the Panthers changed the playbook to include more of the things Cam did well at Auburn in terms of read option, designed runs, and shotgun snaps.

Dobbs was just fine in the preseason given what he was asked to do.

Think you are overselling it, but there is some truth in your general thought process.

Have you seen Landry play? Watch the game Sunday against the Brown stains. Dobbs will be the #2 QB next season.

My only hope is Ben comes back one more year to give Dobbs enough real coaching time to fine tune his mid to deep passing accuracy. Then, Dobbs can take the wheel in Steel Town!

The Steelers next long term starting QB isn't on their roster yet.

Pretty much this...

I saw Dobbs play... in person and he'll be a Steeler next year. My guess is that if him or Dirty Landry got cut it would be Landry Jones hitting the bricks. Landry has proved many times over that he is merely a serviceable back-up at best. Dobbs can do that for less money. I eat, sleep and breathe Steeler football and can tell you as much as I love Josh Dobbs and appreciate how he got me through the insanity that was Butch Jones, I don't see the Steeler front office investing much time in trying to develop the 2nd coming of Kordell Stewart. If Josh gets a chance in 2018 to show off in a regular season game he better nail it because his leash will be short and turn into a noose in a hiccup.

TIFWIWBIJMHO

You have a super low like ratio. Try using a different font.
Not sure what that is. It seems to matter a whole lot to you, so keep working for those “likes”.

I was wondering why this is on the Tennessee football forum and not the NFL. Dobbs was a great player for tennessee, but like all players he has moved on to another profession. We wouldn’t be discussing the potential for former vol in financial sector getting fired from some firm in New York would we?

Have you seen Landry play? Watch the game Sunday against the Brown stains. Dobbs will be the #2 QB next season.

These guys have never seen Landry Jones play. They are just rooting against Dobbs cause they don't want me to be right.

Pretty pathetic to root against a young man who has done as much for the University of Tennessee as Josh Dobbs simply because of some internet beef.

VN Store

Back