Will Tennessee Make The NCAA's?

Why do you MORE beat downs. How far do want them to fall. Why are you concerned with the BIG tourney they will be lucky to get past one round in the SEC.......it is Way Past time......

Reactions: sisaq
Serious question, do you think they would accept a bid to the WNIT?

I think Holly would, however, I doubt they would win it. The coaching just is not there and there will be some good teams from FCS conferences such as the Missouri Valley as well as teams from the big five conferences. I really hope they will not accept, if they are offered an WNIT invite, it would be embrassing to get beat by a Rice, or even a Missouri State, especially with the talent on this team.

If we win out in the conference season I think we are one of the last few in. Any future losses before post season and we will have to win the SEC tournament to get an automatic bid.

If the working theory/excuse is youthful inexperience, then clearly they need to have the extra practice and game experience playing the WNIT would provide.

But truthfully, I doubt anyone,players, coaches or fans want to go thru any more of this crap this year. Brilliant observation:this ain't getting better nor is it likely to this season. We're in a deep hole, how bout we stop digging?

I think it's virtually impossible for the LVs to win out in the regular season or make a deep run in the SECT. Realistically, the LVs can go 3-3 down the stretch and maybe pick up a W in the SECT. That should put them on the bubble. If the LVs beat Auburn and Mizzou, close with convincing wins against Vandy and Ole Miss and a respectable tourney appearance with a W, they're probably in the field. They'll need to play at a much higher level, and while they might not, they're certainly capable of getting to 20 wins.

I think they will, however, it is not a lock. Holly has to find a way to keep the team up in big games after the half. This is a sad time in women's basketball when one of the premier programs is on the bubble for the first team ever. With 6 D1 players, there is simply no excuse except ineffective leadership. Don't blame it all on the players, blame it where the buck stops, the head coach.

I think some of them will make the NCAA's. They can buy tickets just like anyone else if they have time off from classes.

However, you lost me at, "Holly has to find a way". That is like saying Trump has to find a way to get Mexico to pay for the wall.

*Sorry for bringing politics into it. Just couldn't find anything else absurd enough to use.

Reactions: olddog and lvocd
They have an uphill battle and losing those games during "the streak" that they shouldn't have really hurt them. The thing about the tourney is it's all within their control. What stinks is now the worry is will they get in. Even if they get in I think they will want to have a better showing than the last few years and w/ their Jekyll & Hyde nature and overall youth I am not sure it will be much better than years past.

Not getting in might be a wake up call (maybe) but again the staff can always say it's the youth and what not. I mean if they don't see a problem then there's no reason to "fix" it right? I guess I wonder if 2 years from now when all their talent is Juniors and Seniors if they still will play this way; because a couple seasons ago they had 3 talented upperclassmen averaging 15 each a game and still were losing to bad teams. So what's gonna make the difference with these kids?

If we win out in the conference season I think we are one of the last few in. Any future losses before post season and we will have to win the SEC tournament to get an automatic bid.
The Lady Vols will not win out the regular season. I’ll bet Holly’s house on it.

Let's see: Tenn is currently 15-8. Here's their remaining schedule:

Auburn (6-5) -- Win
@ Mizzou (7-4) -- ??
@ A&M (7-3) -- Loss
USCe (9-1) -- Loss
Vandy (1-9) -- Win
@ Ole Miss (2-8) -- Win

Should get three wins (I give them Auburn because it's at home). If they could steal one at Mizzou, they would end at 19-10. Win one game in the SECT to get to 20 wins, and I think they get in.

If, as GhostVol noted above, they split the last six, they would need two wins in the SECT to get in (in my opinion).

Obviously, if they win five of their last six, that means they beat either A&M or USCe, which would help their cause immensely. But I don't see that happening.

Last edited:
Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Why did Westbrook not play against Missisippi State today?

She violated team rules by missing a class, and the well-known consequence for doing that is to have to sit out a game. She was embarrassed, apologized to the team and the fans, and said it wouldn’t happen again.

Tough break for her. I’m sure she was aching to be on the court today.

Let's see: Tenn is currently 15-8. Here's their remaining schedule:

Auburn (6-5) -- LOSS I don't care if it is in TBA
@ Mizzou (7-4) -- LOSS Mizzou beat TN in TBA
@ A&M (7-3) -- LOSS No doubt
USCe (9-1) -- LOSS Absolutely No doubt
Vandy (1-9) -- Win MAYBE
@ Ole Miss (2-8) -- LOSS Probable
Should get three wins (I give them Auburn because it's at home). If they could steal on at Mizzou, they would end at 19-10. Win one game in the SECT to get to 20 wins, and I think they get in.

If, as GhostVol noted above, they split the last six, they would need two wins in the SECT to get in (in my opinion).

Obviously, if they win five of their last six, that means they beat either A&M or USCe, which would help their cause immensely. But I don't see that happening.

FYP...I only see 1 more win in the regular season. Holly shouldn't use the old "we are young and growing" statement anymore. These freshmen aren't freshmen anymore!

Reactions: Nute Gunray
GIVE ONE OF THE ASSISTANTS A CHANCE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE - WHAT WE HAVE IS NOT WORKING

The LADY VOLS were ranked 10th in the USA on Jan 3 when they won at Auburn - Remember the good old days?
When Auburn comes to Knoxville on Thurs the 14th it will be 42 days since that game
What a gauge of how Holly's team has viewed the tapes and worked on their game to "improve".

lv%2Bsched.jpg

We lost to Missouri at TBA so winning in Columbia will be difficult
Texas A&M and South Carolina will require a miracle
Vandy and Ol Miss are among the worst in the SEC

Holly doesn't deserve an NCAAT bid. A caring AD would ask Holly to step aside to see if one of the assistants can make a difference as an interim Head Coach. It would cost nothing to try and the players deserve a chance to not be the first every Lady Vols team to fail to make the NCAAT.

Just maybe a change would lead to 4 wins & a miracle to get to 8-8 with a couple of "sneak up on you" wins in the SECT.
WE WILL NEVER KNOW UNLESS THIS IS TRIED.

Charlie Creme, who does the bracketology for women's basketball for ESPN, said on the telecast that he doesn't have them in anymore. Originally had them as one of the last four teams in. Doesn't after that blowout loss to MSU.

Best thing that could happen at this point. A streak of tournament appearances sounds nice and all, but that and $12 will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks. Perhaps that would be the final straw for CPF.

Reactions: sport3500
If this team makes the dance then it will probably be because of reputation and be a sympathy selection.

The womens tournament is generally weak and some games are played to almost barren arenas.

They might get in due to that despite record lows in interest and attendance that will span multiple generations.

This team doesn't appear to have the heart to do anything special. Eventhough the team has practically under performed on an annual basis during Warlick's tenure it generally did something good that surprised you even if it was fleeting success. That showed heart if nothing else.

Consider though that this team doesn't have a player that played for CPHS or a teammate that played for CPHS. Mercedes may have been the last since she was here 5 years. We are seeing the aftershocks.

VN Store

Back