Final 4

• Yes

Votes: 60 19.5%
  • No

Votes: 248 80.5%

• Total voters

VFL 24/7

Legend
As we know, coach Barnes gets a ton of criticism for his tournament resume. He did get Texas to a Final 4, so I'm curious do you think he will ever get us to one before he hangs it up?

Probably not. 2017-18 was a great chance with the easy path we had, and the next year was a great chance with the great team we had. Those were two great chances we let get away, and its hard enough and statically improbable already, and Barnes isn't getting younger. So, I doubt it

Probably not. 2017-18 was a great chance with the easy path we had, and the next year was a great chance with the great team we had. Those were two great chances we let get away, and its hard enough and statically improbable already, and Barnes isn't getting younger. So, I doubt it
3rd time's the charm? lol

Within the realm of reason, but there's not a lot to point at in order to make a good argument for yes. Other than the fact that he's been there.

Reactions: minorvol
I vote no. Not because I think he is not capable. With the rebuilding and meshing players into a team, I think it will take longer than he plans to to coach.

What are the odds any particular coach will?
This. I'll say no, just because we've never made one and I think Barnes is under the gun on time. So much luck involved with it and it makes you really appreciate the coaches that have gotten there multiple times, some with multiple schools.

Reactions: Tshotdan
We had a great window a few years ago. LSU, Bama, Auburn (not so much this year), ARK...KY not going away, etc. Still possible, but we don't currently have the vocal alpha dog on our team from what I can tell...vocal and on the court guy who can put the team on his back. Need that or we're just a collection of good athletes. We saw this year across NCAA that teams w/ identity win. Teams w/ young talent in a year like this didn't fare so well...UT, KY, Duke, Kansas, UNC, etc.

Honestly, no. And I’m a big Barnes fan. He has had some teams here that have really lucked out with huge upsets and reasonable paths to the Final Four and never was able to take advantage.

Case in point 2017-2018 where the highest seed you’d have to beat to get to the F4 would have been a 9 and then also this year where the 1-seed in your region gets upset, you face a 17-12 12-seed, and you have a very beatable 4-seed in OSU.

Not sure how many other chances he’ll get. I certainly hopes he proves us all wrong though.

Reactions: brockytop
If Kennedy Chandler was on this team we would still be playing. He will have a major impact next year for our offense and if we can get the 5 star BHH to sign and enroll a year early along with Fulky potentially returning and add a transfer (walker kessler) we will be a contender next season. That scenario I just pointed out is best case btw - but IS possible. I do agree with the above comments that we really blew it from 2017-Present and had some golden opportunities. I hope he can do it and ride off into the sunset. However it seems Tennessee fans can't be that fortunate

How many coaches are we going to go through that’ll get us to the Final Four?

VN Store

Back