Will Coach Pruitt Get A Raise?

8-5 and I wouldn’t have a problem with it. I don’t particularly like it, but the market dictates it.

He should absolutely get both a raise and extension after this season. Bump him to 4.5 or so and add a year.

The NCAA should cap coaches pay at like 3 million to stop all this go here to here stuff. JMHO
Do what? Ever heard of free market?

And why 3 million? Why not cap it at $500,000? Even $250,000 really put the screws to em. You’ll be happier, your jealousy will be check and all will be right with the world.

Not sure what you do for a living, but perhaps they should cap your pay where it is right now. No more raises or bonuses for you. Who cares if you’re better and bring more production and value to your company than a co-worker, you shouldnt have the ability to make more money than them.

You’re right, Nick Saban shouldn’t make any more money than Eli Drinkwitz.

Reactions: NCFisher
I've read that he gets a bonus for going bowling. That's good. Its probably more than many fans make in a year. Its year 2 of a 4 year contract. He ain't going anywhere. See what happens in year 3. That is more than fair IMO.

I totally agree with you. See what happens next year without some star players we lose this year from Butches recruits. If we improve give him a raise and extension, if we regress give him neither.

Let's see how next year goes then talk pay raise

This all day. While I think he has done a great job this year, excluding some screw ups, he doesnt deserve a raise and extension right now. Win 8-9 regular season games next year? Ok then bring up raises and extensions. Even if we beat Indiana, thats not enough for a raise imo.

Reactions: chrismc1000
I can live with 8-4 one more season, I could live with it better if he can stop getting blown out by UG, GA and Bama.
We didnt get blown out by Bama this season. Not sure if we get blown out by the other two later on in the schedule

7-5 and losing to GSU shouldn't get you an increase. No need to bump CJP into upper echelon of SEC coach pay until he performs at that level....

Good grief, folks; Pruitt at $3.8M is hardly upper echelon, he's 10th in the SEC. Upper echelon starts at $6M and runs to $8.9M. Stoops, Muschamp and Morris were paid $4M - $4.7M.

I have no problem with Pruitt getting a modest bump, rather than acting as though nothing happened after GSU and BYU.

No way he's going to get a top 10 recruiting class. Until he gets a top 10 class, he won't have much of a chance at winning the SECE. Until we win the SECE, he should not get a raise.

Pffft! - Pruitt could go 11-1 the next two seasons and not win the SECE and you think he should still be making 10th place SEC money?

No raise, but depending on if he can win against Indiana, give him an extension of one additional year.

I'm glad we didn't throw $10 million at Chip Kelly. Might change but right now that would be looking like some major stupidity. Lol.

Kelly was always a gimmick guy. Once the jig was up on the gimmick he became a joke.

Reason I raise the question is due to recent an article that appeared in the St. Louis Post Dispatch today on the Mizzou hire of Eli Drinkwitz who according to the article will receive $4M after only one year of HC experience at Appy State. I thought Coach Pruitt was being paid $4M, but according to the article he is one of 3 SEC HC's who is being paid less than $4M.

Drinkwitz's contract as Mizzou football coach will pay $4 million a year
No Mrs. Pruitt. You don't get a raise at UTK when you lose your opening game to Georgia State.

Reactions: hog88
Honestly, keeping his $4M job after losing to Ga St and BYU seems fair compensation for the turnaround. I'm very pleased with the turnaround, but until we are at least competing with the upper echelon of the SEC and not losing to crap teams, $4M is a lot of money.

Reactions: hog88
Honestly, keeping his $4M job after losing to Ga St and BYU seems fair compensation for the turnaround. I'm very pleased with the turnaround, but until we are at least competing with the upper echelon of the SEC and not losing to crap teams, $4M is a lot of money.
We’ll lose CJP quick yo another SEC school if we don’t take care of him. It’ll happen, coaching is about them $’s

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019

VN Store

Back