Will Coach Pruitt Get A Raise?

Likely to get a raise and extension regardless. The question is how much? That, IMO, depends on how the season winds up.

The great finish is still somewhat offset by the miserable start to the season. Pruitt and co. simply didn't have the team ready out of the gate. If we finish with an 8th win vs IU and a top 10 class in Feb, I'd say thats going to warrant a more substantial reward. Lose the bowl and see recruiting finish with a yawn, and I think it's more a token raise kind of like a COLA in the real world.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
If we win the bowl game and get to 8-5 he should get a slight raise. He would be a game over .500 overall through 2yrs but that came on the end of the worse season in school history. While being tasked to rebuild the worse roster in the league. Beat an 11th ranked team and beat a ranked Aurburn at Jordan-Hare. To do what he has, with the Qb situation being what it has, is amazing. Just 2yrs ago we were bottom of the barrel with a plexi glass team. Now we are a middle of the pack thoroughbred surging through the second leg of the race. At this pace we will COMPETE for the east (doesnt mean win it) next season and COMPETE for the league in yr 4.

I think the only school Jeremy Pruitt would leave Tennessee for is Alabama

After watching the subtle change and acceptance of CJP since he became part of the Vol Nation I feel that if he is successful here, and much seems to point in that direction, he will remain here and want to create his own legacy that is tied to UT, not Alabama.

Last edited:
Likely to get a raise and extension regardless. The question is how much? That, IMO, depends on how the season winds up.

The great finish is still somewhat offset by the miserable start to the season. Pruitt and co. simply didn't have the team ready out of the gate. If we finish with an 8th win vs IU and a top 10 class in Feb, I'd say thats going to warrant a more substantial reward. Lose the bowl and see recruiting finish with a yawn, and I think it's more a token raise kind of like a COLA in the real world.

The season has "wound (sic) up," We obviously want to win games, but the Gator Bowl should do nothing to elevate CJP, nor should it do anything to rack against him. If Indiana beat us, it would be an absolute non-factor to me in terms of whether CJP and his staff got raises and extensions. (And I'm not advocating for that to happen).

VN Store

Back