Will Coach Pruitt Get A Raise?

How does Jimbo Fisher's 10 yr. $75 Mill look to you?
Lulz. I'm not catching as much crap now as I was from one of my buddies that would fit in perfect here.

I told him when Jimbo got that contract that I thought he was overrated. That turned into me thinking Jimbo sucks. Lol.

Reason I raise the question is due to recent an article that appeared in the St. Louis Post Dispatch today on the Mizzou hire of Eli Drinkwitz who according to the article will receive $4M after only one year of HC experience at Appy State. I thought Coach Pruitt was being paid $4M, but according to the article he is one of 3 SEC HC's who is being paid less than $4M.

Drinkwitz's contract as Mizzou football coach will pay $4 million a year

I am a fan of Pruitt and giving him a raise plus a year extension as soon as he gets us to ten wins, whether it be his third or fourth year. If he takes the East, give him three. If he takes the whole dang thing, give home another five.

I think it will take him four years to get to ten wins and we should not expect that before then. Anything else is ahead of the curve and the plan because he asked for five and we said we would give him that much time with the obvious implication he has to show progress along the way.

yes he should get at least 2 year extension ( helps recruiting) and 15% upward at least. Take him to 4.6+,
I've read that he gets a bonus for going bowling. That's good. Its probably more than many fans make in a year. Its year 2 of a 4 year contract. He ain't going anywhere. See what happens in year 3. That is more than fair IMO.

Reason I raise the question is due to recent an article that appeared in the St. Louis Post Dispatch today on the Mizzou hire of Eli Drinkwitz who according to the article will receive $4M after only one year of HC experience at Appy State. I thought Coach Pruitt was being paid $4M, but according to the article he is one of 3 SEC HC's who is being paid less than $4M.

Drinkwitz's contract as Mizzou football coach will pay $4 million a year

When he negotiated for the job, he specifically told AD/CPF that he would accept a lower salary if they would give him more money to hire the best assistants available.

If he doesn't get bumped up this year, he will get a hefty one next year.

lmao

You're so predictable. You simply find the opinion that is least popular and push it.

Classic example of a troll.
Sorry that you aren't smart enough to form your own opinion. I am and do.

Pruitt will get a raise. Anyone who thinks he won't is crazy or plain dumb. The market says he deserves a raise.

Reactions: Behr
Give CJP a raise of 500k and a 1 year extension if he delivers a top10 recruiting class and a bowl win. Pretty easy!

Give CJP a raise of 500k and a 1 year extension if he delivers a top10 recruiting class and a bowl win. Pretty easy!
No way he's going to get a top 10 recruiting class. Until he gets a top 10 class, he won't have much of a chance at winning the SECE. Until we win the SECE, he should not get a raise.

Reactions: hog88 and KINGSVOL
Keep him where he's at, offer him better incentives for wins over top 25 & top 10 teams. And bigger bonuses for wins over UF, Bama, & UGA.

No way he's going to get a top 10 recruiting class. Until he gets a top 10 class, he won't have much of a chance at winning the SECE. Until we win the SECE, he should not get a raise.
If he wins more than 8 regular season games next year, he'll get a raise. Probably a pretty significant one. Hard to see Fulmer agreeing with a raise at this point.

Take full credit for the GaST. and BYU mess then we can talk about an increase. I give him credit for fixing the mess there after. Make good at the Gater, yea, extra cornbread.

GBO

Reactions: Atlvol313
JP has done a fine job turning around the season, but his first two years he has sent teams out for their opener unprepared. First against WVU then Ga State. The off season is where the program is made. The failure is even more evident by the success of the 2nd half of the season. The talent was there. How many times have you thought "We could have 9 wins this season"?

I'd do these things now...

Bump Pruitt $100,000. plus 1 extra year and a bonus of $100,000 for a top 10 recruiting class and another $50,000. for a top 5 recruiting class.

All other coaches get 1/2 of the above numbers.

Neids is a different situation and he needs a much bigger bump because we do NOT need to lose him!!!

That would be fair to all and leave us $$$ in the bank in case we really have to fight like hell to keep a coach pr 2 we really need.

VFL...GBO!!!

Also a party 2 times a month featuring CORNBREAD!

Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo
From the It’s time to stop sending Butch checks... thread on 10/27, seems I was ahead of the curve on this topic.
May not be the best time to bring this up, but I really hope we don't give Pruitt a big raise and extension after this season. Even if we make a bowl, he needs another season to prove we are really headed in the right direction before a big reward. We always seem to fire coaches the year after their extension and buyout is increased.

Reactions: cgrish
yep and the consumer pays for it. Kinda like a feller making $50 and hour to build cars and sell them to a man making $15 an hour Aight?
Everyone, like it or not, is compenstated on their value and scarcity. If you can do something that is highly valued by society and not many others can do it, you are going to be highly compenstated. Many can round up buggies at Walmart, not too many can manage a multimillion dollar operation at a championship level.

VN Store

Back