Will Coach Pruitt Get A Raise?

Its interesting how the money coaches make seem to really bother some people. I mean, its fun to talk about, but some act like it pisses them off.

I find it interesting because I don't remember it happening back before the internet. I don't remember even discussing it back in the day.

No big deal, just a thought.
No one talked about it because coaches weren't making millions of dollars. I seriously think the issue is all the salaries are public information, so it turns into a "keeping up with the Jones" situation. I personally don't have an issue with the salaries, it's the buyouts that rub me the wrong way. It seems to take away the incentive if you can get paid more for not working than you can working.

Why not? Gave Jones a new deal after he turned the program around in year 2. Still paying for that bit of dumbarsey.

I get and understand the idea of not giving him a raise and extension because of the performance the first part of the year. At the same time it is important to balance that with university’s insurance that if someone comes calling for him we are sufficiently compensated for them taking our coach. So, I would not be surprised that a small raise and a 1 year extension is done over the offseason to protect our interest. I think he has proven enough that other schools could come calling. At the same time, when you do this it can put the university in a bind if you have to fire the guy (aka Dooley & Jones). So you want to balance your investment without putting your neck out too far. That is a fine line when the coach is unproven over time, but extremely easy if the coach is proven like Meyers and Saban.

I highly doubt, no I am pretty damn sure no school with a higher profile than UT is going to come calling for Pruitt this off-season.

Reactions: krichunaka
I highly doubt, no I am pretty damn sure no school with a higher profile than UT is going to come calling for Pruitt this off-season.

My post really has nothing to do about this off-season. It was more about protecting the university in the future esp if he goes 9-3 next year. If we don’t do it this offseason then we will be rushed to do it at then end of next year if he has a good year to try and keep him. Do you think Frost has done enough to be extended like he was a couple of weeks ago? I sure don’t, but that seems to be the way the game played now.

He and the staff held the team together against what could have been an epic collapse. One year extension and a small raise is warranted (<$500k). That is my prediction. The staff is developing players, something we have not had in a while. We should have another good recruiting finish. Fulmer of all people understands how important continuity is to the program. He is smart enough to let Pruitt know he is wanted here.
It will be announced before the bowl game but after the early signing period.
I’ll probably get a small (<$500K) raise this year too
😳

Last edited:
The NCAA should cap coaches pay at like 3 million to stop all this go here to here stuff. JMHO
Unworkable. The top schools would always find additional "incentives" to bring in the best. Houses, cars, sneaker contracts, use of private jets. You cannot regulate the market. There are always loopholes

This YOU?

maxresdefault.jpg
Ol Karl never was as funny as his siblings was he?
Karl_for_uncyc.PNG

Reactions: TAF and utchs81
Should not get a raise. If you want to extend him another year, I'm fine with that. You don't lose to two scrubs, end 7-5 and get a raise.

He deserves a reasonable raise. He improved his record from last year made good progress. Also, the market drives these things and where it is now says he gets a performance raise. If we make him feel slighted, then when/if he does return us to glory, he will look to leave the first chance he gets. You don't have to throw the checkbook at him but a little monetary appreciation goes a long way. Most jobs give employees a raise at the end of the year unless you are a complete disaster. We can a least agree he wasn't a complete disaster.

My post really has nothing to do about this off-season. It was more about protecting the university in the future esp if he goes 9-3 next year. If we don’t do it this offseason then we will be rushed to do it at then end of next year if he has a good year to try and keep him. Do you think Frost has done enough to be extended like he was a couple of weeks ago? I sure don’t, but that seems to be the way the game played now.

Of course I don't believe Frost deserved a raise and extension just as I don't believe Pruitt deserves a raise or extension. There won't be a higher profile team coming for Pruitt after next season so we have plenty of time to evaluate his 3rd season and work out a deal.

Reactions: krichunaka
yes he should get at least 2 year extension ( helps recruiting) and 15% upward at least. Take him to 4.6+,

Of course I don't believe Frost deserved a raise and extension just as I don't believe Pruitt deserves a raise or extension. There won't be a higher profile team coming for Pruitt after next season so we have plenty of time to evaluate his 3rd season and work out a deal.

I see your argument and I don’t think he deserves one, but also believe that he will get a raise and extended it the reasons I stated in my first post. I just think that is the nature of the game right now.

VN Store

Back