Why We Must Do All We Can to Try and Have College Sports

Educate yourself. The complete moniker for polio is poliovirus.

Educate yourself too..... a virus is a virus is it not..... who was running around with masks hoping to not catch polio? Aids is a virus as well.... those masks certainly would help with that as well..... it's easier for a person to be lied to than for them to admit they were wrong...... this is a perfect storm for the powers that be and the sheeple are following along all so well.

My son’s HS football team has been practicing (unsanctioned, drills, QBs and WRs - he’s a QB) all spring, without coaches. They officially started conditioning with coaches (social distancing, masks, no balls) 2 weeks ago. This week officials shut it all down until late July. Guess what they’re doing today..
and tomorrow..
Must be nice, here in Virginia unfortunately it doesn't look like there will be sports period

So many responses I wanted to reply to.

Guys, get your data straight from the CDC website. There's no political agenda with that. Red or Blue, get your facts straight.

1) There is ZERO evidence of "herd immunity ". There have been numerous cases of people getting sick again after recovering in other countries. Think about it...have you met anyone cured of the common cold? Jesus, the HIV virus has been around for 25 years and where is the cure for that? My point is this Virus has characteristics of both of these viral agents yet only symptoms can be treated for either. Covid is as easy to contract as the Cold yet deadly in that it causes overraction in the immune system killing T-Cells and promoting clotting in the body ( God put your angels around Trey Smith 🙏)

2) When Trump finally decided to do something he did all he could to put safety protocols in place. Yes he should have acted sooner, but he did act and that saved many lives. The lockdown saved many lives. The Lockdown kept numbers low. Look at the data and "hospital bed count" with that in mind. Too many of you look at A,B, and C but can't imagine Q, R, S.

3) Mass gatherings were NOT in full swing because it was February. Summer and Football Season are when America has the need to mass gatherings. Lockdown and Soc Dis had already taken hold before these time periods.

4) People are stupid. Conservatives AND Liberals around the world have at some point during the pandemic completely disregarded protocol and protested putting others at risk.

5) Talk to people and families that have become directly effected by this virus.
I knew 2 people that have died from this damn thing. It's not some big hidden agenda ploy. China has AGAIN went dark as another outbreak has begun and the same will happen around the world.

To take down all the corruption we may not have football. The campi have been living large and dirty for eons @ the taxpayers expense.

Oh my gosh. There’s bozos on here wanting vaccines. For what? A 99.9 survival rate. Take the vaccine and you’ll test positive. Wake up

Yes, those stats are from SC DHEC. I look at them daily in my professional capacity. Two weeks earlier, on June 12, the “total number of hospital beds used for patients that either tested positive or were suspect of COVID” was 512. That’s an 80 percent increase in just two weeks.

The statewide numbers also don’t reflect disparity by region. We live along the coast. Our cases and hospitalizations have skyrocketed since Memorial Day.

Every day, my colleagues and I on our organization’s command center response team are working to plan for the care of our community. Every day, our front line professionals are providing that care. And yesterday, 100 of us worked 10 hours in 90-degree heat standing on asphalt - the clinical team in full PPE - at a massive free outdoor testing clinic so we could test 2,500 people in our region as a way to identify, contain and slow spread. That’s the seventh outdoor clinic we’ve done in the past month, and we’ll be doing at least four more in July.

You’re entitled to your opinion, whatever it may be. I know the reality I’m living every day.

In Texas, as of June 25, Covid related hospitalizations increased by 53% from the prior week, to over 3500. That's why the governor hit the brakes. With increases in hospitalizations coming at that rate, it is easy to plot when the state runs out of hospital beds. Capacity can be increased, but only in a linear manner, and at great cost and with a decline in the standard of care. The disease spreads in a geometric progression. Those pooh poohing the possibility that the hospitals will be outstripped are engaged in wishful thinking. And to get back to the subject of the original post, I just don't see how we go forward with a college football season. I wish it weren't the case.

Educate yourself too..... a virus is a virus is it not..... who was running around with masks hoping to not catch polio? Aids is a virus as well.... those masks certainly would help with that as well..... it's easier for a person to be lied to than for them to admit they were wrong...... this is a perfect storm for the powers that be and the sheeple are following along all so well.

Lost me at .....

Did you mean ... ?

So many responses I wanted to reply to.

Guys, get your data straight from the CDC website. There's no political agenda with that. Red or Blue, get your facts straight.

1) There is ZERO evidence of "herd immunity ". There have been numerous cases of people getting sick again after recovering in other countries. Think about it...have you met anyone cured of the common cold? Jesus, the HIV virus has been around for 25 years and where is the cure for that? My point is this Virus has characteristics of both of these viral agents yet only symptoms can be treated for either. Covid is as easy to contract as the Cold yet deadly in that it causes overraction in the immune system killing T-Cells and promoting clotting in the body ( God put your angels around Trey Smith 🙏)

2) When Trump finally decided to do something he did all he could to put safety protocols in place. Yes he should have acted sooner, but he did act and that saved many lives. The lockdown saved many lives. The Lockdown kept numbers low. Look at the data and "hospital bed count" with that in mind. Too many of you look at A,B, and C but can't imagine Q, R, S.

3) Mass gatherings were NOT in full swing because it was February. Summer and Football Season are when America has the need to mass gatherings. Lockdown and Soc Dis had already taken hold before these time periods.

4) People are stupid. Conservatives AND Liberals around the world have at some point during the pandemic completely disregarded protocol and protested putting others at risk.

5) Talk to people and families that have become directly effected by this virus.
I knew 2 people that have died from this damn thing. It's not some big hidden agenda ploy. China has AGAIN went dark as another outbreak has begun and the same will happen around the world.

One thing: You can catch it again if your immune system is trash. Other than that, you develop antibodies after catching it. They have successfully treated people with plasma from those who have gotten it and recovered, so yes, you DO develop immunities after catching it. A vaccine works by tricking your body into developing antibodies, thus making you quite immune.

One thing: You can catch it again if your immune system is trash. Other than that, you develop antibodies after catching it. They have successfully treated people with plasma from those who have gotten it and recovered, so yes, you DO develop immunities after catching it. A vaccine works by tricking your body into developing antibodies, thus making you quite immune.
But the antibodies are fading after a couple of months...

Seth Emerson from The Athletic sums it up nicely, IMO.

"College athletics faces a bad choice and a worse choice. The bad choice is trying to play through a pandemic. The worse choice is giving up before trying to have a season It’s easy — and wrong — to simply write off the motivation to play as financial. That gives it a nefarious undertone. But there are real-life implications to those financials. Jobs and livelihoods that would be lost without a season. They don’t trump the health of the participants. It just means that it’s worth trying to see if you can thread that needle."

What about shutting down almost the entire economy and closing my business that I have put blood, sweat, tears, and nearly a divorce into because of it? What about me? When I got forced to close my doors, I still had rent, payroll, vendors, other expenses that had to be paid. What about all of my hard work, employees, their families? I had to make some really hard decisions during that time. I did not pay myself and made the choice to pay my employees. Thankfully, I stored away a few bucks along the way in case of an emergency!

I am not saying that any decision is right or wrong. What I am saying is that that we all love college football and the governor / mayor made no squabble about closing my business.... for almost 7 freaking weeks!!!!!

How reliable is the vaccine for smallpox or measles? The flu is a different virus that mutates at an extremely rapid rate, which makes it more difficult to vaccinate against. Influenza is also a virus that our immune systems are familiar with and some people already have immunity to one of the influenza sub-types. The reason why the flu vaccine isn't 100% protective is because there are a number of different types of flu circulating in a population. Public health officials have to make educated predictions about which influenza type will be most prevalent in a given season and then manufacture a vaccine that defends against that type. In years where a type of flu is more prevalent than they predicted, people who got vaccinated could still catch the flu.

We don't have this problem with covid-19 because the genetic profile of the virus does not rapidly mutate like influenza does. This means that we can expect the vaccine against this virus to have a very high rate of reliability once it is ready for manufacture.

Yeah, just like the SARS-COV1 vaccine that was successfully developed. Oh wait.

US coronavirus cases ‘may have topped 20 million’
At least 20 million people in the US may already have been infected with Covid-19, according to the latest estimate by health officials.
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) says the true number of cases is likely to be 10 times higher than the reported figure.
It comes as the state of Texas halted its reopening as infections and hospitalisations surged.
The US has recorded 2.4m confirmed infections and 122,370 deaths.

20 million cases with 125,000 deaths would be about a 99.4 percent survival rate.

VN Store

Back