Why this hurts so bad.......Heupel's kryptonite

Tennessee is in a league of its own in a good way. Just like all season long nobody talking about the drastic change that Josh Heupel has brought to knoxville. Sitting at 8-0 9-1 at one time #1 in the nation. No love from really any network. How in the hell can you go from 3-7 30 sum transfers out. And people act like it's no big deal. The hate is real. Watched every game this year and no credit is given to Heupel or team. Just swept under rug. Both commentators acted relieved Tennessee was out. All giddy smiling. But no credit for us for just being in the playoff position up to last night. Tennessee being 9-1 going into last night should of spoke for itself. Laying an egg last night for whole different conversation.

Yep, I just don't get the hate we seem to incite from the media and other fanbases, but I guess this time around it's good to see them hating us for having a good season rather than simply mocking us for being terrible.

there’s more to it than “we’re not good on defense”. We aren’t as bad as whatever that was last night.
Hate to tell you… but yes we are. Obviously giving up 63 is an anomaly, but we’ve been flat out bad in the secondary all year. Never thought it would be South Carolina, but I’ve been waiting on a night like last night where the offense can’t bail us out.

What allegedly happened?
The story around here is that Banks and an offensive starter had an altercation. Coaches sat Banks. O player ran after practice but started last night. D was upset to be without their leader and unfocused. No one claiming that they tried to play bad, just that they were demoralized.

The story comes from some people that supposedly know Banks’ people here in Memphis/Cordova. I do not know any of Banks’ people, so tifwiw.

Reactions: GroverCleveland
Hate to tell you… but yes we are. Obviously giving up 63 is an anomaly, but we’ve been flat out bad in the secondary all year. Never thought it would be South Carolina, but I’ve been waiting on a night like last night where the offense can’t bail us out.
Yup

Better find one or he may end up to be a little better version of Mike Leach.. I'm still on the fence whether his brand of football will ever equate to championships.

I like the direction we are headed but this is exactly why we need to pump the breaks on backing up the brinks truck.

The story around here is that Banks and an offensive starter had an altercation. Coaches sat Banks. O player ran after practice but started last night. D was upset to be without their leader and unfocused. No one claiming that they tried to play bad, just that they were demoralized.

The story comes from some people that supposedly know Banks’ people here in Memphis/Cordova. I do not know any of Banks’ people, so tifwiw.
I heard this story earlier. No freaking clue if it’s accurate but Banks penalty was more harsh because of his history and the O player had not been in trouble previously. Banks has agreed with the way things were handled and is not feeling mistreated…..supposedly.

Again….No clue if it’s true. Would be nice if the coaches would clarify this situation

Reactions: BlinghamptonVol

Thanks for the background.

Reactions: BlinghamptonVol
Last nights performance makes zero sense. SC was missing there top two RBs and they still put up 63 points. There more to the J banks story then We’ve been told.

That’s why many of us are thinking something is just wrong. There is NO WAY SC is that much better than us. I know it may be nothing but Heupel didn’t look or sound right on his post game conference.

Never decline a bowl. Extra practice days and free swag.
My heart hurts for Hooker, if everything goes as planned, that guy will go down as one of the main factors in Tennessee’s return to relevance.
With that said, this is a huge opportunity for Milton and Jackson. They are getting a head start on the ‘23 season and the extra practice could be the difference in establishing next seasons momentum.

Reactions: DickeyD
Last nights performance makes zero sense. SC was missing there top two RBs and they still put up 63 points. There more to the J banks story then We’ve been told.
I think this.. it was just too different from how everyone played before

At the beginning of the season, if you were to tell me that we would be 9-2 going into the Vandy game and a shot at a NY6 bowl, I would have been ecstatic!

However, the hope of a REAL return to relevance, punctuated by a CFP appearance and a possible NC being ruined in such spectacular fashion by an extremely mediocre Gamecock team seems like a cruel joke. Something happened last night that has yet to surface. The defense looked like they intentionally "threw" the game. HOW DO YOU PLAY THAT BAD!?!?!? This hurts worse than losing to our usual nemesises because it just does not make sense! I hate to say it but a Pruitt coached team wins that game going away.......Maybe defense is Coach Heupel's kryptonite.
Threw the Game? Are you on crack?

VN Store

Back