Why this hurts so bad.......Heupel's kryptonite

Last nights performance makes zero sense. SC was missing there top two RBs and they still put up 63 points. There more to the J banks story then We’ve been told.

I think so to, on jb. Still don't understand why no blitzing or not much at all, I only recall maybe 2 blitzes the whole game.

I don't think Tilman was ready last night either. Looked 2 steps slower and the timing was off.

Tillman is very good, but I think we play better when he is not in the lineup; using him the way we do. It seems he is getting some of the deep routes that were going to Hyatt when Tillman was out. Hyatt is much better on the deep routes, and Tillman is better on the slants, shorter passes, and when in the redzone.

Tillman is very good, but I think we play better when he is not in the lineup; using him the way we do. It seems he is getting some of the deep routes that were going to Hyatt when Tillman was out. Hyatt is much better on the deep routes, and Tillman is better on the slants, shorter passes, and when in the redzone.
One of the throws early last night hooker threw to Tilman was over thrown. I believe 10 out of 10 times Hyatt catches that ball for a td. But I do agree with you.

Reactions: cgrish
This Defense played the way they did on purpose IMO . They were not running full speed or hitting people its like they were in a medium speed practice . I think Banks not playing for what ever reason is why the Rat poison that Saban talks about is real and this team just lost its chance at a natty . Because the defense gave the middle finger to the coaching staff. I have to insider info just what the defense looked like last night and no Banks for undisclosed reason . SC is not good enough to do what they did to no one unless the other team let them do it on purpose .

Really? How quickly you've healed from Ga state.

I just don’t see how the two even compare. This one is way worse. Didn’t realize we were a basically a win away from the playoff in 2019 lol

Hooker hasn't seemed the same since UGA. I wonder if he is playing with a nagging injury?

He played good vs Missouri. Maybe he’s just not that good in hostile environments. He still played good enough to win last night imo. There’s no way he probably thought his defense would give up 63 freaking points

This Defense played the way they did on purpose IMO . They were not running full speed or hitting people its like they were in a medium speed practice . I think Banks not playing for what ever reason is why the Rat poison that Saban talks about is real and this team just lost its chance at a natty . Because the defense gave the middle finger to the coaching staff. I have to insider info just what the defense looked like last night and no Banks for undisclosed reason . SC is not good enough to do what they did to no one unless the other team let them do it on purpose .
It sure looked like half speed. Hadden running his mouth as guy runs right by him. Jogging around half speed. Then over running his mouth to Beamer while down four scores. Should of been benched.

I guess even those that aren't all that religious still know the story of Jesus walking on the water. There are several accounts in the Bible. One of them have him walking on water and then entering the boat and the waters calm and they get to shore without issue.

Tennessee this year HAS been a miracle. It's been a great ride. They were so close to the promise land and that's why this loss stings so much. So Tennessee had navigated the rough sea the entire year and we were two steps from stepping on the boat. That's when a 200 foot tsunami hit us from behind and flung our carcass against a friggin skyscraper.

I know when we get to a 12 team playoff it should make it easier for us to get to the dance. But this year was RIGHT in front of us and they just blew it in the most spectacular fashion possible. You can't let opportunities like this slip away when you are Tennessee. You have that luxury if you are a team like UGA, Clemson, OSU, Bama. But not when you are Tennessee. When a rug gets pulled out from under a team in this kind of spectacular fashion it's really hard to recover from.

Banks and Martinez both need to be fired immediately. I would assume that we could lure a good DC here pairing them up with a brilliant offense. And I would assume after a wildly successful year that Danny White would stroke a check that would try to ensure more great seasons in the near future. And anyone that says you need to give Banks more time you can kick rocks. He's shown in the two years here that the defense has been a 100% liability. They made no adjustments last night and a game like that - when you factor in the way the defense has played over the course of these 2 years - it's a fireable offense.

I also feel like this coming game against Vanderbilt will show what kind of coach Heupel is. It won't be a complete picture but a snapshot of how he gets a team to handle adversity and play hard knowing they are now not even playing for anything higher than a Citrus Bowl more than likely. If they come out and get drilled by Vanderbilt and continue to dig into the bedrock I'll have some serious concerns going forward. But even IF that happens next week I will still give Heupel the benefit of the doubt if he does the right things in the offseason to bring in a competent DC and get some defensive help - especially DB help - in the portal.

Been telling foks since the off-season not to take SoCar for granted. That Spencer Rattler, despite his struggles at OU, has the pure talent to roast any defense. And despite the hokey way Beamer coaches, he has gotten the program and his players to buy in.

No one wanted to hear it.

Last night Rattler had the game of his life. Dropped some absolute dimes, some even into tight coverage. And we couldn't get off the field on 3rd/4th down. Time to regroup, get past Vandy and hopefully get a New Years 6 bowl.

Reactions: oz615
On the Road in college football is tough. You have to have your team ready for a possibly close game. We’d better recruit defense and transfer portal defense . Geez Coach Heupel needs to fire 🔥 that guy.

I just don’t see how the two even compare. This one is way worse. Didn’t realize we were a basically a win away from the playoff in 2019 lol
Assessing the impact of the loss is valid the way we're both approaching it. Last night is worse for you because of your expectations for the future. In that way, 2001 was worse, imo. Ga state is worse for me because what was and the disparity between the two teams.

Which begs how the locker room got divided in a week. Makes zero sense. The culture seemed to be as healthy here as I’ve ever seen it as a fan
Issues surrounding Banks being sat down by the coaches following an incident.

Tennessee is the laughing stock of the SEC right now, gave up 63 to a team that could only scratch out 6 against Florida the week before, the staff, the players were not prepared and not motivated to play top tier football and they got embarrassed after accomplishing so much, potentially impairing parts of recruiting and NIL funding, could be a number of distractions within the program, but it is the coaching staff's responsibility to ensure the proper focus and planning is in place, if other schools in the conference needed a talking point to sway kids from coming to Tennessee, Heupel and crew gave them plenty last night

Tennessee is the laughing stock of the SEC right now, gave up 63 to a team that could only scratch out 6 against Florida the week before, the staff, the players were not prepared and not motivated to play top tier football and they got embarrassed after accomplishing so much, potentially impairing parts of recruiting and NIL funding, could be a number of distractions within the program, but it is the coaching staff's responsibility to ensure the proper focus and planning is in place, if other schools in the conference needed a talking point to sway kids from coming to Tennessee, Heupel and crew gave them plenty last night
Wonder if the teams Tennessee beat are laughing stocks also. Teams like Bama lsu and all the others. Tennessee will be fine. Although concerned not going to be over dramatic. Take a break.

Reactions: GroverCleveland
We’re not good on defense.
We were without the guy in the middle that holds it all together.
We’ve made average teams look awesome at times all year.
Their QB is a mental case with a crapload of talent. He played lights out and we played bad.
We really could have had 3 additional loses before last night. We have won by playing above our abilities and that all came crashing down last night. Beamer has been pissed about us “running up the score “ last year so he had this one circled. I don’t have a problem with final score. They just need to remember this when Hypel hangs 100 on them.
It sucks but there’s absolutely a logical explanation for it.

I think this take is probably better than a lot of the conspiracy theories running around. There may be SOME truth to them, but I am hard pressed to believe this team just decided to let South Carolina win with a potential trip to the playoffs on the line. The bottom line is, Banks is not an SEC D coordinator, our secondary is bad, and we played some of the worst football I have seen in a long time last night while South Carolina played by FAR their best game of the season, and of course.... it was against us.

Wonder if the teams Tennessee beat are laughing stocks also. Teams like Bama lsu and all the others. Tennessee will be fine. Take a break.

I have found the fans of those teams will do anything to laugh at us, even after we beat them... it's pathetic. It's even worse when they beat us. I've seen Georgia fans mocking Tennessee as recently as Friday in comment sections online. I just don't understand why they seem to hate us more than other teams, so I guess we have to just start beating them all on a regular basis to make them shut up.

Reactions: N.ohio vol
I have found the fans of those teams will do anything to laugh at us, even after we beat them... it's pathetic. It's even worse when they beat us. I've seen Georgia fans mocking Tennessee as recently as Friday in comment sections online. I just don't understand why they seem to hate us more than other teams, so I guess we have to just start beating them all on a regular basis to make them shut up.
Tennessee is in a league of its own in a good way. Just like all season long nobody talking about the drastic change that Josh Heupel has brought to knoxville. Sitting at 8-0 9-1 at one time #1 in the nation. No love from really any network. How in the hell can you go from 3-7 30 sum transfers out. And people act like it's no big deal. The hate is real. Watched every game this year and no credit is given to Heupel or team. Just swept under rug. Both commentators acted relieved Tennessee was out. All giddy smiling. But no credit for us for just being in the playoff position up to last night. Tennessee being 9-1 going into last night should of spoke for itself. Laying an egg last night for whole different conversation.

Reactions: WilliamDuVOL

VN Store

Back