Why Mustard?

I swear to goodness, my doctor JUST told me this yesterday with the "Mustard and cramps" thing!! And we weren't even talking about the football game!! Crazy! BTW... if they are gonna put liquor in the mustard container, it's best to remove the mustard first. Just sayin'. Looks like mustard all over the cap, etc.

There IS mustard on the cap. There goes the flask theory.

Back in the 90's I would bring in the Jack in these. I found an old Bushnell binocular case to make it look legit.

s-l300.jpg

Back in the 90s, one of my class buddies brought this and we spiked our cokes with it. Good times!

I was at the Reds game vs Mets, April 30, 1988 when Pete Rose pushed the worthless umpire Dave Pallone and was suspended for 30 games. Pete stated that Pallone had spit on his cheek during the altercation. The call that Pallone had failed to make was so bad that fans started pelting the field with anything they could find. They called the players and umps off the field and made Pallone leave the game for good. Anyway I digress; Someone threw one of those one-gallon mustard jugs from the top deck and it hit in center field and it looked like big bird exploded. It actually left a stain for weeks after that.
All in all it was the most exciting baseball game I ever attended as a fan.

I was appalled that the mustard was not Gulden's. Loved those little packets you'd get in the old smoky dogs.

It’s been discussed recently among an ultrarunning group I’m in, and I thought it would be fun to pass along the insider info. I’ve never tried it, but several well seasoned runners swear by it and carry a mustard packet or two when they go long.

Dill pickle juice works good also.

I’m thinking a good possibility all those containers except for the beer probably have a stench of jack Daniels.

Although I must admit I was dressing a hotdog I bought at the stadium one game and my mustard package had a mind of its own and went everywhere except for on my hotdog namely on the elderly gentleman’s shirt in front of me.

Its probably a concessions bottle. They don't give you the handy individual packets of yellow or spicy mustard with hotdogs anymore, they just have communal bottles of yellow mustard sitting on the counters at all the concessions booths now, which every nasty person who doesn't wash their hands after using the troughs touches. And also means you have a nice smear of mustard inside your hot dog box and all over the outside of the bun if anything went sideways while walking back to your seat.... Please bring back those glorious little packets of mustard /endrant

They only let you take in empty water bottles to the stadium (which is baffling why you'd want to have an empty bottle...I mean who fills up from the water fountain anymore? Perhaps as a spit cup? But honestly, why an empty water bottle?). So I highly doubt they would have let someone in with a mustard bottle. And this was the first night this season they were actively patting down people on the way in so there aren't many places to hide something that size from a pat down. So the easy explanation is that some joker ran to a concessions counter to get something else to throw when they ran out of ammo.

Reactions: Volfan1000
Reactions: VolinDalton
Lane Kiffin goes into a laundry mat and asks to have his shirt cleaned. The laundromat attendant doesn't hear him correctly and says, "come again?" Lane blushes slightly and giggles, "oh, no it's just mustard this time."

I’ll explain this one more time, the mustard container was used as a clever way to bring in booze. Please stop asking why mustard.
And you don’t think a full bottle of mustard…that sloshes…in someone’s purse or pocket would raise suspicion?

VN Store

Back