Why dont fans support this program no matter how bad the times get?

I shouldn't even respond, because I am assuming the OP is trying to get a rise out of people. UT is about to lose 7 games in a row by double digits. Something that has never happened in the history of UT football, at least not since 1900. UT hasn't been relevant in over a decade. The list could go on and on about how ridiculous the OP is asking such an assanine question.

I can actually see both sides. I am fed up with losing and it is frustrating to see other teams turn things around so quickly while we continue to flounder. On the other hand, I am old enough to remember the’70s and 80s when we were bad more often than not. So I know what it is to see Tennessee just as bad as they are now for long periods of time. If you saw Majors take nearly a decade to get us back to being consistently good, you understand the need for patience and if you see Arkansas and Ole Miss turn it around and be respectable in a year, you say why not us. It’s just tough on fans to be in this position.

I think constructive criticism is always valid but no you aren’t a real fan if you cheer for other teams to beat UT.
That’s solid.

HCs come and go, to bash is poor form. Most likely only nobodies ever pay attention to anything on this message board, so all the clowning is for the poster’s own benefit.

There are many posters that need a way to “vent”. This site is great place for them to vent since it’s anonymous and it’s just a bunch of nobodies on here any way.

If there are current players or recruits looking at what’s going on in here, remember this place is anonymous for a reason. No accountability for what they post. You really never know who a poster is loyal to when it comes to these message boards. Some of the comments on here are an embarrassment to anyone that would call themselves a Vol fan.

I do support the program. But I can find better ways to invest my time and money. Doesn't mean I'm cheering for anyone else.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Why do so many fans have to be fair weather fans and only support a program when they are winning? I think if you are a VFL you will support this team and program no matter how many games they win.
These folks are fair weather fans. If you can't be a fan when they are winning then they don't need you when they loose and trash young men. I think everyone knows about the QB situation but it does no good to talk about that young man the way many are doing. He would not be starting if the coach didn't put him in the game

WTF are you talking about? UT has the most loyal fanbase in college football. 90k plus still pack the stadium after 12 years of suck, you see people wearing swag all over the world and the most telling sign of how great this fanbase is is that we still care. We still care after the administration has shown they DGAF about championship level football, we still care even though there is no sign of hope for better days, we still care even though we KNOW a POS Gump will still be driving our beloved football program off the cliff next season.

GTF out of here with this "fair weather fan" bull! Few fan bases remain as loyal and caring as ours after over a decade of being fed crap.
Thanks Hog. You saved me some typing.

FYI, when my brother was making bad decision after bad decision because of his alcoholism I didn’t love him any less. However I did not support the choices he made. Same goes with my beloved Vols right now.

Why do so many fans have to be fair weather fans and only support a program when they are winning? I think if you are a VFL you will support this team and program no matter how many games they win.
Lol when have we been winning?

Good Grief. I assume you're trolling, but just in case:

A lot of us are VFLs, but the complete and utter incompetence of the admin over the last 15 years has robbed the sport of the fun. And in the end, it's gotta be fun to be a fan, at least a majority of the time. You can have fun even in a loss, if its a good game and your team is playing well.

Tennessee has become a drudgery to watch, especially with Slingblade Skoalcan and his infatuation with JG. We all have jobs, responsibilities, a lot of things we HAVE to do. Tennessee football isn't a HAVE to do, it should be a WANT to do.

So, don't play the "I'm a Better Fan" BS card. No one buys that here. We are all fans, its just that most of us demand that our team and admin care at least as much as we do. Ideally, they care much more. That hasn't seemed to be the case for quite awhile.
Poor little entitled one I’m sorry your life is miserable because of a game

Poor little entitled one I’m sorry your life is miserable because of a game

Kind of a Richard thing to say, especially for someone with 'preacher' in their username. My life isn't miserable, trust me, I just don't spend as much time following the Vols as I once did.

But hey, thanks for the ad hominem, definitely makes your point all the more valid.

That’s solid.

HCs come and go, to bash is poor form. Most likely only nobodies ever pay attention to anything on this message board, so all the clowning is for the poster’s own benefit.

There are many posters that need a way to “vent”. This site is great place for them to vent since it’s anonymous and it’s just a bunch of nobodies on here any way.

If there are current players or recruits looking at what’s going on in here, remember this place is anonymous for a reason. No accountability for what they post. You really never know who a poster is loyal to when it comes to these message boards. Some of the comments on here are an embarrassment to anyone that would call themselves a Vol fan.
I've got a friend I graduated high school with who is a huge Alabama fan and despises TN. He is a member of the VN forum for years, posts under a Vols moniker and is only on here to push buttons and antagonize Vol fans. He gets a kick out of it and he's the reason I feel many of our NegaVol fans aren't really Vol fans here on VN. I'd let you know who he is but he won't tell me the name he goes by here. Coincidentally he knew Coach Pruitt back in his days at MTSU and played a bunch of pick up basketball with him at the time. Said Pruitt was always looking to pick a fight back then.

I've got a friend I graduated high school with who is a huge Alabama fan and despises TN. He is a member of the VN forum for years, posts under a Vols moniker and is only on here to push buttons and antagonize Vol fans. He gets a kick out of it and he's the reason I feel many of our NegaVol fans aren't really Vol fans here on VN. I'd let you know who he is but he won't tell me the name he goes by here. Coincidentally he knew Coach Pruitt back in his days at MTSU and played a bunch of pick up basketball with him at the time. Said Pruitt was always looking to pick a fight back then.
'Friend' but won't tell you his username? Yeah, that checks out

Reactions: tbh and 'Boro-vol

They say one is known by the company one keeps.

Reactions: tbh and whodeycin85
'Friend' but won't tell you his username? Yeah, that checks out
What is wrong with you? I never understand the new "gotcha club" who are only out to hate on folks. I don't give a rip if you think it checks out or not, you're probably one of the ones he rips on.

Reactions: onecrazytj
You pumpers keep using the term "fair weather" like there has been any of that here in over a decade. You idiots just keep thinking the fans are the problem while what you consider to be "negavols" tend to hold the administration and staff, rightfully, responsible. I swear every single one of you truly believe that all coaches become good coaches over time. Wrong, we gave Butch 5 years and in that fifth year he proved to be exactly what we thought he was? What has Pruitt done to make you think he is anything but another failure? How bad do we have to be before you will ****ing admit that there are some serious problems?

Yeah the fans are the problem$&@“%^*++
Sick Sick Sick
He is one of the single biggest idiots we have here. It's always been the fans fault that the program took a nosedive. All while still showing up in droves to scream their heads off for four quarters, yeah it's those guys fault and definitely not the ones making millions to actually run the program. He literally wouldn't care if we went 0-12 every single year, he'd still only be upset with the fans who wanted something different.

I don't know if he can or not but I know he's a really good football coach and respected in coaching circles not associated with the couch coaches of VN. This season has been rough and certainly looks terrible but we've been really hampered for whatever reasons at every single position group this year. I think our S&C took a big hit, losing the experienced coaches like Rocker hurt us and our elite players have all had something go wrong for them. Trey Smith has played with an injured labrum since the 2nd game, Thompson with a torn pec, Alontae with a bum leg, Shamburger was a no show, Morris with no practice coming off hip surgery and Henry T trying to play MLB in the SEC at 225 was never going to work. We don't have a back that helps us in short yardage and we might as well have me playing TE. We've got a bunch to overcome and it looks insurmountable now but I want to see what Pruitt does when the roster is his alone the next 2 years. I think we're closer than it looks I just feel like we have really struggled to get everyone on the same page this season which was probably tough to accomplish with as many as 50 players missing most of the preseason and us never having everyone available and healthy for a single game or practice this year. I expect us to play better this Saturday simply because the young guys have been getting a ton of good reps the last 3 weeks.
There’s no question that his defensive acumen is off the charts, but X’s and O’s aren’t all that important when it comes to being a successful head coach. The list is rather long of great offensive and defensive minds who have flamed out as head coaches.

To this point, Pruitt hasn’t shown really anything to give people confidence that he’s the long term solution. A lot of his staff hirings look questionable, at best. Before this season His recruiting had been good, but not good enough to catch up with the big dogs in the conference. Now of course, this year’s class is starting to look rather shaky. And, as I’ve been harping on for his entire tenure here, his game management skills are atrocious. He has no idea when to use timeouts. He has to call timeouts coming out of a time out. Both sides of the ball have substitution issues.

And all that doesn’t even cover the actual on the field results, which haven’t been good. His lame brain excuse for not kicking the field goal against Arkansas was a fireable offense and gave off the impression that he’s in over his head. Maybe he can turn it around, but to this point there’s nothing to suggest that he’s going to be a success here.

VN Store

Back