Why do you think Vegas has Ole Miss Favored?

Nocleats

Reasons and how it works, ideas..
Im thinking mostly its a team with 85 scholarship players in their 2nd year with system, vs a team with 71 scholarship players in its 2nd month with new coaches and schemes. What other reasons

Reactions: SCRocket
- Tennessee’s lack of a signature win this season
- Matt Corral being a well-known game changer
- Underestimating Tennessee’s defense (honesty I feel like they’ve played better than their stats/rankings show)

I also agree with your depth point a d it being their second year in Kiffin’s system.

Im thinking mostly its a team with 85 scholarship players in their 2nd year with system, vs a team with 71 scholarship players in its 2nd month with new coaches and schemes. What other reasons

that is the line they feel will deliver equal bets on each team.. that is the only interest in lines given by Vegas, how the money will be bet

OM ranked. UT not. OM 5-1. UT 4-2.

Majority of Vegas recreational betters see these #s and nothing else. FWIW, I heard a handicapper this morning say “professional $ is on Tennessee @ 4 when it opened”. That’s why it’s 2- now.

that is the line they feel will deliver equal bets on each team.. that is the only interest in lines given by Vegas, how the money will be bet

This. This is how Vegas never really loses. I’ve yet to hit any 5-6 team money line parlay this year with all teams picked being favored by 7 points or more. The line is there for equal bets, not necessarily who is “favored” in the game.

Mississippi is ranked 13th, their only loss is to Alabama, and They have beaten a ranked team.

Tennessee comes in 4-2, with losses to Pitt and a 24 point loss to Florida.

Last I saw many have the spread at 2.5……..Vegas is giving Tennessee a TON of credit.

I think it’s justified……hopefully it is.

I think how much of a difference maker Corral is and UT’s defensive stats, even though I believe they are better than numbers show.

Last edited:
Ole Miss fan here. Think we’re all going to be in for a great game. Have to take the rebs 45-34. That said, I like what Heupel is doing with what y’all have. The SEC is better with TN in the mix. Y’all finally have have a coach that’ll at the least stabilize the program, which is what it needs. No matter the result tomorrow, we can at least all be thankful Hugh Freeze poached Corrall from Florida

Ole Miss fan here. Think we’re all going to be in for a great game. Have to take the rebs 45-34. That said, I like what Heupel is doing with what y’all have. The SEC is better with TN in the mix. Y’all finally have have a coach that’ll at the least stabilize the program, which is what it needs. No matter the result tomorrow, we can at least all be thankful Hugh Freeze poached Corrall from Florida
. I didn’t know Freeze recruited him

Reactions: wmcovol
As several have said, “Vegas” doesn’t ‘favor’ any team in any sport. The point margin is simply a function getting equal amounts of money bet on both teams so that losers “pay” the winners…and the “house” makes 10% on the winners bet. The “line” moves +/- points when too much $$ is being bet on a particular team, therefore, making betting on the opposing team more enticing. The line is just arithmetic—equal amounts of money being bet on each team to cover the spread. Often times late (sometimes called ’smart’) money comes in just before a game begins. This can cause a line to move 1/2 point (or more) to try to return to a balanced book. Vegas or sports books SET lines, INITIALLY based on computer models, algorithms, etc—-bettors have the final say on the point spread. It‘s their money that talks. It’s not magical or favoritism….it’s math and money and making sure the wagers placed on each team are nearly equal.

This is a nice post. Thanks for being friendly. That said, you're going to be surprised at how badly your team gets beaten on Saturday. And you are going to realize that your team isn't as good as you think it is and Tennessee is a lot better than it has been for a long while.

PLEASE STOP SPREADING FALSE NARRATIVES.

UT does NOT have 71 scholarship players. UT has 81 scholarship players.

Watching a betting show online and they stated that this over/under of 82.5 is a record for the SEC. I think the over is somewhat reasonable, but I’m not betting!

This is a nice post. Thanks for being friendly. That said, you're going to be surprised at how badly your team gets beaten on Saturday. And you are going to realize that your team isn't as good as you think it is and Tennessee is a lot better than it has been for a long while.

Tell it like it is!

Reactions: volinthenorth
Didn’t you pick us to lose by like 30? Why ask the question, apparently you know a lot more about the discrepancy between the two teams than I do.

PLEASE STOP SPREADING FALSE NARRATIVES.

UT does NOT have 71 scholarship players. UT has 81 scholarship players.
Haha why does the Knoxville media(including jimmy hyams) all say that UT only has 70 something? You’d think it would be kind of black and white. Did you count for yourself?

VN Store

Back