Why do you think Vegas has Ole Miss Favored?

Reasons and how it works, ideas..
Im thinking mostly its a team with 85 scholarship players in their 2nd year with system, vs a team with 71 scholarship players in its 2nd month with new coaches and schemes. What other reasons

Because they like making money. Betting lines are about splitting the amount bet.

- Tennessee’s lack of a signature win this season
- Matt Corral being a well-known game changer
- Underestimating Tennessee’s defense (honesty I feel like they’ve played better than their stats/rankings show)

I also agree with your depth point a d it being their second year in Kiffin’s system.
Underestimating our defense? They’ve played against 2 good offenses and have given up 39.5 ppg. Ole Miss will be the end offense we’ve faced yet

This. This is how Vegas never really loses. I’ve yet to hit any 5-6 team money line parlay this year with all teams picked being favored by 7 points or more. The line is there for equal bets, not necessarily who is “favored” in the game.
My uncle was a bookie back in the day. Said he would send a taxi for people betting parlays!!! If you gotta gamble, bet on games, not parlays , otherwise know as sucker bets.

Underestimating our defense? They’ve played against 2 good offenses and have given up 39.5 ppg. Ole Miss will be the end offense we’ve faced yet

I just think they play better than the stats show. They spend a ton of time on the field due to our offensive scheme.

Many of those are walkons, given a scholarship as a reward for their work but they were not scholarship players coming to school.

they have 1, Dayne Davis, who got a scholarship as a walk-on. All the rest were recruited and given scholarships when signed. Amazing how these false rumors are all over the place and believed by people.

Reactions: stillavol
Vegas point spreads have nothing to do with football knowledge. They have everything to do with fan opinions. They try to get equal money on both teams. If lots of people start betting on UT that point spread will come down.

Im thinking mostly its a team with 85 scholarship players in their 2nd year with system, vs a team with 71 scholarship players in its 2nd month with new coaches and schemes. What other reasons

For starters they're ranked #13 in the country. We are not ranked at all in the Top 25. Math is hard, m'kay?

It’s down to a pickem now.

But that’s not because Vegas suddenly changed their minds about which team is better. There is just a ton of money coming in on Tennessee.

My uncle was a bookie back in the day. Said he would send a taxi for people betting parlays!!! If you gotta gamble, bet on games, not parlays , otherwise know as sucker bets.

Very true! I usually won’t bet but 5$ - 10$ and no more than 7 teams. My parlay today I was 5/7 with losers being UF and Iowa. I’ve had success in NFL but not on college this year. The 3 I’ve won in NFL this year has way more than covered what I’ve lost. It’s all in fun!

Because the teams we beat are awful and the teams we lost to are OK. I don’t have high hopes for this game, but I have hopes lol

PS biggest game of the season feeels

They are better.

Earlier in the week it was a 4 point spread....and that's about how tge game worked out. Vegas has tons of scoring models and experts that analyze every details and run computer sims and figure it down to the decimal. The real question is...do you know something vegas does not ?

VN Store

Back