Why Do We Still Not Know A QB? Concerning.

I agree with some of what you have said. But the truth right now is we don't know what Milton can do. I also don't think he lit up the Big10 either. He basically ran here once McNamara was the clear #1. Yes he beat Minnesota and got ass waxed by Wisconsin. I'm not sold but we better hope its the right decision because Bailey will likely transfer if he doesn't get a shot. I am hesistant to say Milton was promised, I think he is gifted physically just not sure if he has the other attributes a qb needs. So I truly hope it was a conpetition. Because Bailey at UGA/FLA/Bama will kick our teeth out. IMO I wouldn't bet that Milton is the starting QB all season.
Bailey is a game manager. I worry more about Maurer “kicking our teeth out” while at another school. Bailey is a very low risk low reward qb. He can’t run, has a very average arm, and tended to hold onto the ball to long last year. I just don’t see what some of y’all love so much about him. He is so similar to Justin Worley that it’s not even funny.

I see value in all 3 quarterbacks...
Milton, by all media accounts, has that extra quality of being a fine runner...Always a plus.
Hooker has great mobility as well...
Bailey, in the O&W game, looked excellent....Very accurate passer, not great wheels.

At least in this first game, all 3 QB's will play some....Who starts is up to the boss man, and no one else.

Bailey is a game manager. I worry more about Maurer “kicking our teeth out” while at another school. Bailey is a very low risk low reward qb. He can’t run, has a very average arm, and tended to hold onto the ball to long last year. I just don’t see what some of y’all love so much about him. He is so similar to Justin Worley that it’s not even funny.
So you watched the same Bailey as the rest of us.... We did not have a qb last season that could get through 2 progressions except Bailey. A guy who didn't practice very much and was basically straight out of h.s. And yes Bailey can move around and get positive yards. He won't house a run but he is mobile enough. You prefer a guy that can scamper around and that's all fine. But your slighting of a true freshman with very limited practice.... News flash bro he was, is and will be a much better qb than Maurer will achieve. Not that I dislike Maurer but hes reckless and a wildcard. I wish him the best in his next adventure

I am hoping coach has a sense of humor and puts all three out there the first play.... Bailey takes the snap and the other two more mobile guys run a double reverse and Milton throws a a 70 yard bomb to Hyatt for a TD. Just to play with all the impatient guys on this board.
Hehehehe. I had this brief vision of a double wing with Bailey under center, Milton and Hooker on the wings and Beckwith at fullback.

So you watched the same Bailey as the rest of us.... We did not have a qb last season that could get through 2 progressions except Bailey. A guy who didn't practice very much and was basically straight out of h.s. And yes Bailey can move around and get positive yards. He won't house a run but he is mobile enough. You prefer a guy that can scamper around and that's all fine. But your slighting of a true freshman with very limited practice.... News flash bro he was, is and will be a much better qb than Maurer will achieve. Not that I dislike Maurer but hes reckless and a wildcard. I wish him the best in his next adventure

Disagree, I believe Maurer was more talented in both mobility and arm strength than Bailey.

However I think Milton will be the guy. Watching his Michigan games, he was a lot better than anything we have had at qb since Dobbs(including Bailey).

I just don’t see why you’d pull for the guy with the least physical ability to win the job. Having a great quarterback can make an average team a very good team. Milton has the tools to be great. Bailey is a Justin Worley type game manager, that’s probably not gonna make the team much better

For starters, I am usually optimistic and still am.

CJH said this morning that “they will announce a starter when they feel like they’ve (QB) earned it.

Why does UT never announce a QB until 10 mins before kickoff? It seems like we are the only team in CFB who never has a clear cut starter.
It never turns out good when we play this game. What is the secret? Are all 3 not that great and you’re just picking at this point? Concerning that at least 1 of the bunch hasn’t stood out.

I hope I am wrong, but it is never good when you don't know who is leading your team, 10 days before kickoff.
Milton.

Disagree, I believe Maurer was more talented in both mobility and arm strength than Bailey.

However I think Milton will be the guy. Watching his Michigan games, he was a lot better than anything we have had at qb since Dobbs(including Bailey).

I just don’t see why you’d pull for the guy with the least physical ability to win the job. Having a great quarterback can make an average team a very good team. Milton has the tools to be great. Bailey is a Justin Worley type game manager, that’s probably not gonna make the team much better
I'm pulling for whoever we trot out because I am tired of losing and I hope Milton has improved much like all 3.... None of them are finished products. Milton has all the tools. Can he put it all together ? That is the question that surrounds them all. I like Bailey, you like Milton. I just happen to believe there is more to playing QB than physical attributes. That said if Milton can put everything together I agree he could very well be one of the best we have seen come through here. The question is will he ? Bailey isn't the scrub your making him out to be though you might wanna check out some of his workout sessions with Pro trainers etc. To your comment about Maurer having more arm strength thats possible. He also had a knack for throwing the ball to the other team and putting himself in bad situations to get lit. His accuracy also wasn't that good. Ball placement means a lot.

Did you watch Bailey in high school? Bailey missed most of spring and had **** for coaches last year. I personally like all 3 QBs.. But you ain't giving Bailey a fair shake. He doesn't have to be dual threat QB in Heupel system. I'd rather have a game manager vs what we had the last 3 years. I hope all 3 QB are game managers.

Did you watch Bailey in high school? Bailey missed most of spring and had **** for coaches last year. I personally like all 3 QBs.. But you ain't giving Bailey a fair shake. He doesn't have to be dual threat QB in Heupel system. I'd rather have a game manager vs what we had the last 3 years. I hope all 3 QB are game managers.
I don't agree with the idea that Bailey is simply a "game manager" but the "what he did in high school" angle doesn't fly. Lots of great HS QB's wash out in college. HS has nothing at all to do with how he will perform as a Sophomore at UT.

We have some indications that he's a smart guy who has well developed skills, reads D's well, goes through progressions, has a "good" but not great arm... he appears to have better than average field vision and good timing. He has "some" talent but much more than that he has well-advanced skills. There's a picture going round showing the three of them running a drill. HH is in front, Milton in the middle, and HB in the back. If you find it, notice the way the other two are holding the ball and the way he's holding it. He's been taught all of those fine points on being a QB.

No matter who they send out... I'm going to be excited about watching UT's QB for the first time in 4 years.

I don't agree with the idea that Bailey is simply a "game manager" but the "what he did in high school" angle doesn't fly. Lots of great HS QB's wash out in college. HS has nothing at all to do with how he will perform as a Sophomore at UT.

We have some indications that he's a smart guy who has well developed skills, reads D's well, goes through progressions, has a "good" but not great arm... he appears to have better than average field vision and good timing. He has "some" talent but much more than that he has well-advanced skills. There's a picture going round showing the three of them running a drill. HH is in front, Milton in the middle, and HB in the back. If you find it, notice the way the other two are holding the ball and the way he's holding it. He's been taught all of those fine points on being a QB.

No matter who they send out... I'm going to be excited about watching UT's QB for the first time in 4 years.
HB is in a tough spot. I think he's VFL or he'd have already hit the portal but he's got a career to think about.

He could easily be neck and neck with Hooker, if not slightly behind due to experience, and Heupel appears to believe Milton can be cured of the "yips" as a QB..... we shall see, it appears.

HB is left hoping Milton (and UT) falter which can't be pleasant for him to wish...... AND that Hooker's "steady Eddie" experience and legs aren't ahead of him. Then he has to see Tayven Jackson in his rearview mirror. If Milton stays and starts 2 years........ How long should HB wait?

Reactions: JohnnyJava
HB is in a tough spot. I think he's VFL or he'd have already hit the portal but he's got a career to think about.

He could easily be neck and neck with Hooker, if not slightly behind due to experience, and Heupel appears to believe Milton can be cured of the "yips" as a QB..... we shall see, it appears.

HB is left hoping Milton (and UT) falter which can't be pleasant for him to wish...... AND that Hooker's "steady Eddie" experience and legs aren't ahead of him. Then he has to see Tayven Jackson in his rearview mirror. If Milton stays and starts 2 years........ How long should HB wait?
I agree with your analysis. I also think that for Hooker to hit the field in the event that Milton falters, he has to really demonstrate clear separation from Bailey. You wouldn’t start a guy who is one and done over a guy who has 5 years to play 4 seasons unless he gives the team a much better chance to win.

Reactions: SayUWantAreVOLution
I agree with your analysis. I also think that for Hooker to hit the field in the event that Milton falters, he has to really demonstrate clear separation from Bailey. You wouldn’t start a guy who is one and done over a guy who has 5 years to play 4 seasons unless he gives the team a much better chance to win.
Or, you wouldn't start a guy with less legs and less experience.

In a game, we need the win today, not next year.

Reactions: lexkyvol

HB has tons of time. He’s essentially a Freshman (last year was free) and he still has a redshirt to use. There’s no reason for him to transfer. The good QBs like Trask, Mac Jones, Ugewhatever from Clemson…they sit behind an upperclassman, improve and wait their turn

I understand things have changed with the portal but QBs need to at least give it a couple years before they give up competing and transfer. If HB waits a year or two he could be great in this system

HB has tons of time. He’s essentially a Freshman (last year was free) and he still has a redshirt to use. There’s no reason for him to transfer. The good QBs like Trask, Mac Jones, Ugewhatever from Clemson…they sit behind an upperclassman, improve and wait their turn

I understand things have changed with the portal but QBs need to at least give it a couple years before they give up competing and transfer. If HB waits a year or two he could be great in this system
Burrow didn't wait. Hurts didn't wait. I'm not suggesting HB is near that level but Taulia didn't wait either, despite dropping several notches from Bama.

Obviously, I wish Bailey would wait but let's say we're 7-5, Milton gets 80% of the snaps, Bailey and Hooker split the 20% relatively evenly, mostly garbage time. Milton won't declare for the NFL unless he has a breakout game vs AL, GA or somebody that matters. Nobody cares if he tosses 7 TDs vs Tennessee Tech.

Next year, similar, maybe 8-4, even 9-3, and Milton has gotten all the "Heupel hype" he can get and declares. Is HB in a fight with Tayven? And who was that new QB Heupel pulled out of the portal at the end of last season.....

I'm not sure college football is a "sit and learn" game beyond one year anymore. Do we think talent like Jackson sits behind Milton one year then Bailey one or two years?

I don't know the future of college football but seriously good QB talent seems to be waiting a year.

You might. One, he might give you the best chance to win and have talents (like his legs) that make up for other team deficiencies. Two, a coach with lower character than what I hope Heupel has might use Hooker to hold the seat of Jackson or a portal QB.

That said... I've read that HH has two years.

Reactions: lexkyvol

VN Store

Back