Why did we catch fire in the last seven minutes???

Guarantano plays better with a quicker rhythm. Once we went into hurry up he hit his throws for the most part.
Agreed.

He also seems to play better when his back is against a wall. The more we instinctive he plays, the better. Just have to find ways to keep him out of his own head. That’s why he got pulled, IMO. Pruitt managing his QB well imo.

It all changed after Jennings finally got his first catch. As always .....

They played this game like they played the season. Lots of unforced errors, very bad and very good QB play with a pick 6 and great defense. They gained more yards on broken pass plays than all other plays. It was a good game both teams and fan bases seemed to want it bad. I am sure it was a success for Jacksonville.

Gray came alive and the defense wore out. I think the onside kick had more to do with Pruitt watching a gassed defense than the clock.

Agreed. It was a risky move and would have been disaster if it had failed, however it was a success.

Reactions: Frozevol
JG finally started taking what the defense gave him.
What he did was throw the ball before the receivers got to their spot and waited for the balle. A four year QB you would think he would figure that out by now. We should have 21 points in the first half. Watching the replay, twice our receivers made the cut and and the ball was still in his hand. I do not think he is the answer for us to reach the next level as he simply can't throw in the orange zone into a tight window. I am so excited to see what Coach Pruitt is doing and looking forward to the fall.

IU went into the famous "Prevent" defense. The only thing it prevents is your teams chance of winning.

Reactions: AM64
Guarantano plays better with a quicker rhythm. Once we went into hurry up he hit his throws for the most part.
Going hurry up prevents overthinking. Once JG gets out of his mind and more in the moment he can be a good QB. If he wants to continue being the starter, he will have to anticipate the receivers getting open. He easily left 3-4 TDs on the field today, that won't cut it next year. Game should have been out of reach by halftime, in my opinion.

I'm with you, OP, I'm EXHAUSTED just from watching this game. There was good play, there was awful play, it was like the whole season wrapped up in one game. The good news is that, like in the season overall, the team didn't quit. They fought back even after I gave up hope, and that says a lot about them and distinguishes them from previous teams. If that carries over next year and from team to team, it could spell a lot of success for the Vols.

Combination of us knowing we have to score, and Indiana playing soft zone which allowed for short quick passes

It reminded me of a Johnny Majors coached team, stink it up for 3 or so quarters and just as everyone is calling it a loss they wake up and rip out the other teams heart.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
It's called "Indiana Football". They are infamous for their ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Their fans are probably not even remotely surprised.

Yep. My buddy is a Hoosiers (basketball) fan. When they were up I was getting some smack texts. When it was over all I got was a "Ole chokin Hoosiers" lol. We been there before so I left it alone. But damn I about had some heart trouble.

When we were stagnant on offense in the 3rd quarter I thought we should probably run a 4-minute offense to see if we could get JG into a rhythm of some sort.

Hate to be downer Dan, but...

‪After thinking about it, the 0-471 stat from ESPN is misleading and skewed in our favor. It means absolutely nothing. How many teams have not been able to overcome a 13 point deficit? 14 points or more is a completely different feat because that is two full touch downs or more 🤣

VN Store

Back