Why are we trying to be the opposite of Alabama?

I agree. Firing a hall of fame coach with the best winning % in college football the year after we won the east vs Tim Tebow/urban Meyer probably didn't turn out so great for us. Thats why were in this mess. Our fans doing the "fire fulmer" stuff look real smart rn dont they.
Hello Phil!

Why on earth would anyone want to embrace trying to be Alabama again after enduring 3 years of this jackass is beyond me.

View attachment 390805

You'll be ready to fire JH in a couple of weeks too. Everybody saying JH needs 4 years will be same people calling for his head in October. Its the same thing every year with every coach. But we pretend its not for some weird cultish reason.

Again, I think the lights are cool. UT acting excited about something Uga/Bama had multiple years ago is LAME.

People are employed by UT specifically to promote/ advertise new features. This is meant to help create a more exciting fan experience and generate revenue. You have to let people know about it. I am really not sure what your gripe is here. This is how the world works.

You'll be ready to fire JH in a couple of weeks too. Everybody saying JH needs 4 years will be same people calling for his head in October. Its the same thing every year with every coach. But we pretend its not for some weird cultish reason.
No one will be ready to fire him if he loses to Pitt moron. He’s getting at least 3-4 years. If by the 3rd or 4th year we look like we haven’t improved at all then hes gone.

We tried... Literally twice... To copy Bama by hiring Saban assistants. They are the worst two coaches in UT history.

The only thing in that bowel movement of a post that is remotely coherent is the uniforms. The offensive system we are running this year is closer to what Bama does than anything we were doing last year.

People are employed by UT specifically to promote/ advertise new features. This is meant to help create a more exciting fan experience and generate revenue. You have to let people know about it. I am really not sure what your gripe is here. This is how the world works.

My gripe is if were really trying to be competitive in the SEC.. Why didn't we have them a couple years ago when the big boys got them? Why do we wait until the new has wore off on them and High schools in Knoxville have them already? Thats my gripe. Its lame

Alabama hired 4 coaches that couldn't cut it post stallings-pre saban. Maybe Tennessee is doing the same thing?

This is so true and always forgotten. Not only that but Saban never would have ended up at Alabama if not for Rich Rod changing his mind. Sometimes you just get lucky.

To the OP what are you talking about. I’m a traditionalist as well but the game is changing. Give the current staff a chance. Geez

No one will be ready to fire him if he loses to Pitt moron. He’s getting at least 3-4 years. If by the 3rd or 4th year we look like we haven’t improved at all then hes gone.

Yeah our ignorant fan base says that about every coach. Check the board after pat narduzzi runs a hole through that bend but dont break Big East defense next week.

Tennessee used to be a traditional SEC power in college football. We wore our historic home and away uniforms. We never thought gimmicks and alternate uniforms were cool. When Alabama went through their bad years in the 90s/early 2000s, they didn't start checkering the stadium and wearing corny alternate uniforms. They stayed true to their tradition and never felt the need to try to do the lame stuff everybody else in cfb did to try to be relevant. UT today seems to think wearing smokey grey uniforms and black uniforms this year isn't a slap in the face of what real Tennessee football is and stands for. We hire coaches who cant recruit in the SEC and play the opposite brand of football that wins in the SEC. I hate Alabama and hope they lose every game they play but UT throwing away all tradition to be the opposite of Alabama doesnt seem like a way to not get the breaks beat off of you year in and year out. Why Tennessee fans continue to embrace being a corny football program is mind boggling. Pretending hiring coaches that get SMOKED in recruiting and play a gimmicky brand of football translating into catching the big boys in the SEC looks stupid and we pretend it doesnt every year. Its embarrassing to the tradition of the program on all levels.
Two out of the previous 4 coaches had previously been on the Alabama staff. The other two ended up there after they left here.

YOU WILL NEVER CONSISTENTLY BEAT ALABAMA BY TRYING TO BE ALABAMA. One would think that would be evident by now.

Reactions: volncleveland
My gripe is if were really trying to be competitive in the SEC.. Why didn't we have them a couple years ago when the big boys got them? Why do we wait until the new has wore off on them and High schools in Knoxville have them already? Thats my gripe. Its lame

Ok, see, that is a completely different take then " UT acting excited about something Uga/Bama had multiple years ago is LAME."

You are mad we don't have cutting edge facilities anymore. Fair enough. But, when you don't win you have to make changes. Those changes end up costing big money in buyouts. Winning generates money instead of sucking your program dry. It all comes back to winning.

Reactions: KnoxvilleVol13
Two out of the previous 4 coaches had previously been on the Alabama staff. The other two ended up there after they left here.

YOU WILL NEVER CONSISTENTLY BEAT ALABAMA BY TRYING TO BE ALABAMA. One would think that would be evident by now.

Alabama recruits NFL front 7s and Olines. We recruit big east players. Bama plays a grown man 3/4 with press coverage on the outside. We run a bend but dont break Big 12 defense and give WRs free releases off the line. Bama runs the football down people throats, dont let the spread formations fool you. If being the opposite of bama translates to national titles I haven't seen it. Clemson copied Alabama to a tee and its working out pretty great. They didn't run dabo off when he struggled for alot of year and clemsoning was a thing. we woulda sent him packing just to fake sell a rebuild and be fake excited. You're right lol

Last edited:
Ok, see, that is a completely different take then " UT acting excited about something Uga/Bama had multiple years ago is LAME."

You are mad we don't have cutting edge facilities anymore. Fair enough. But, when you don't win you have to make changes. Those changes end up costing big money in buyouts. Winning generates money instead of sucking your program dry. It all comes back to winning.

Firing coaches and paying buyouts every 3 years just to set the program back 5 years which fans are incapable of being patient for doesnt help any of that money stuff either. If you fire coaching staffs every 3 years you'll never be Alabama/clemson/ohio state good.

Alabama players don't make it in the NFL, and that is also history. Mack Wilson is the best Alabama player since Joe Namath. J. Jones did NOT do what he needed to do to cement himself in my mind.

Firing coaches and paying buyouts every 3 years just to set the program back 5 years which fans are incapable of being patient for doesnt help any of that money stuff either. If you fire coaching staffs every 3 years you'll never be Alabama/clemson/ohio state good.
You have like 15 different arguments going right now. Maybe sit a few plays out

my point exactly

All "being Alabama" means is hiring SEC coaching staffs, Recruiting GA, FL, LA, building SEC front 7s with dbs who can play on an island on the outside. While running the ball down your throat (even out of spread formations) and staying true to your identity of the program. Its not that deep and complicated. UGA, clemson, Ohio state are really good bc they're "being Alabama". Take your orange glasses off and develop some common sense.

Alabama recruits NFL front 7s and Olines. We recruit big east players. Bama plays a grown man 3/4 with press coverage on the outside. We run a bend but dont break Big 12 defense and give WRs free releases off the line. Bama runs the football down people throats, dont let the spread formations fool you. If being the opposite of bama translates to national titles I haven't seen it. Clemson copied Alabama to a tee and its working out pretty great. They didn't run dabo off when he struggled for alot of year and clemsoning was a thing. we woulda sent him packing just to fake sell a rebuild and be fake excited. You're right lol

Bama cheats, always has since the Bahr's days. Their family tree is full of tea-baggers, tree-killers, and sucker-punchers. Which branch of the tree are you from, Gump?

Bama cheats, always has since the Bahr's days. Their family tree is full of tea-baggers, tree-killers, and sucker-punchers. Which branch of the tree are you from, Gump?

Everybody thats good cheats. Fulmer was the king of cheating and hes my favorite coach of all time. Its how you win in this league. Pretending otherwise is pretty ignorant to say the least. Unless you think clemson, UGA, ohio state etc isn't cheating. Our fans would be dumb enough to believe that tho

Alabama players don't make it in the NFL, and that is also history. Mack Wilson is the best Alabama player since Joe Namath. J. Jones did NOT do what he needed to do to cement himself in my mind.

You are entitled to your opinion of course. There are many many Alabama players since Joe Namath better than Mack Wilson, serveral of whom are already in the NFL HOF.

<blue font> Yeah that Bama flashy light show thingy is not gimmicky at all.

Yes. We fired a loaded SEC staff who could recruit their ass off and knew the SEC and its recruiting ground like the back of their hand. To hire a DC who coached on the worst defense in the history of the Penn State. To hire a HC who made UCF worse every year and has shown zero ability to recruit in even the top half of the SEC. Were battling Vandy/kentucky in Recruiting. Pruitt inherited a 4 win roster with the worst qb in the history of the program. If you say he had 2 years to find a qb thats fair, but we all knew that would take 5/6 years to turn around and when it didn't happen in 3 we reacted like children and hired a worse staff and have a worse roster/recruiters bc of it. Well be ready to fire JH by the end of this year and well do the whole stupid chirade again and set our program back another 10 years. But yes we fired the coach trying to be like bama. God forbid that ever happens lol. At least we can still checker the stadium and lose by 40 to real SEC schools.
Lol, we are not firing Heupal after the season. Why don’t you calm down and see how we actually do first.

VN Store

Back