Why are so many Vol fans against Coach Pruitt all of the sudden?

But Pruitt won 8 games last year including a bowl game.

They did win 8. A win is a win is a win. Those were games that UT could have easily lost, but they didn't. They found ways to pull them out. That's what makes the season and what we are witnessesing even more discouraging. Last season should have served as a major stepping stone, building block, momentum, etc....

But,...................................

Reactions: preacherwebb
Because we've gotten worse, not better. I'd be more forgiving if we'd shown even an ounce of competitiveness in the Bama game and in the 2nd half of the Georgia game, but it just wasn't there. And whoever said it earlier was right: there is ZERO excuse to lose to Kentucky. Ever. Point blank period.

Nobody expected a title this year, nobody expected anything close to that this year. But we all expected to see improvement, and to see this team take the next step. And it just hasn't happened.
What makes it more frustrating is seeing other programs turn it around. Why can't we?

Unless Freeze, Meyer, whoever that would be an automatic home-run hire (even Kiffin, although that's what my dog knows is his signal to go out and poop) is available and the buyout can be done, I wouldn't make the move this year. Let Cornbread have one more year to right the ship, to show us something that we can hang our hat on.

But understand, this is Tennessee. Whether or not it's realistic, there are expectations here. George Patton once said, "Americans love a winner and will not tolerate a loser." We've tolerated a loser for the last 15 years, and it's getting old.

He isnt a good head football coach. Period. End of story. We are a poorly coached team losing to teams with less talent. The sooner Pruitt is fired, the better off this team will be.
Concise, succinct, and clearly expressed. I couldn't say it any better.

Because you cannot, outside of a complete fluke, ever, EVER lose to a team that is inferior in talent to you. Pruitt has lost to Vandy, GA freaking State, BYU, Kentucky, and Arkansas. These teams have less talent all the way around. Tennessee's players are flat out better and more talented than the players on these teams, therefore we have a coaching problem folks. There is ZERO excuse to be beaten by these teams.

“Talent doesn’t always equate success “
Sincerely,
Bill Snyder

Because of our record and how we got there the ones that thought he could come here and win big now are concerned that he can’t. That’s fair.

The fans can say what they want, but it’s really about the youth of our team that matters. If he can keep this year’s signing class intact and improve on it and make a QB change to finish the year, he might survive the fans.

Reactions: tnktm
Pruitt is not the guy. Now, whether he gets the ax this year or next year is anybody's guess but there's one thing I'm certain of. We will be smack dab in the middle of another coaching search sometime between December of 2020 and December 2021.

Pruitt gets it.
3JYpT89.gif

Reactions: 'Boro-vol and m1al
OP is making an obvious joke yall.

Do you all not remember the “Butch gets it” joke that went around VN for the longest time? He’s making a subtle knock at Pruitt by saying he is just like Butch.

Reactions: BreatheUT and m1al
I was never with him. Not for a second. If he proves me wrong in the next 22 years, which is probably how long we will keep him, then I will eat my words

Last edited:
Reactions: 'Boro-vol

VN Store

Back