Why are so many Vol fans against Coach Pruitt all of the sudden?

Its 3 years in and no QB development, chemistry issues remain, inability to make adjustments remain, and inability to field prepared teams remains.

We see coaches in much worse situations (Arky) figure it out in Y1. We see Mullen inherit a similar situation. Mullen might make playoff and we may be 2-8.

Pruitt just isnt an high end SEC HC and it's been obvious all along if you've been paying attention and not sniffing his cornbread scented jock

Its 3 years in and no QB development, chemistry issues remain, inability to make adjustments remain, and inability to field prepared teams remains.

We see coaches in much worse situations (Arky) figure it out in Y1. We see Mullen inherit a similar situation. Mullen might make playoff and we may be 2-8.

Pruitt just isnt an high end SEC HC and it's been obvious all along if you've been paying attention and not sniffing his cornbread scented jock
But Pruitt won 8 games last year including a bowl game.

What ever happened in the locker room at Georgia.
The team has been non existent since then.
Then stick with a quarterback that basically gave Kentucky that game.
Then at Arkansas come out plain flat after halftime. No answer for thier defense adjustment. Just run straight into thier strength

But Pruitt won 8 games last year including a bowl game.

Pruitt showed some ability last year to win close games against bad to mediocre teams. That was the glimmer of hope that I had that he'd figure out the rest of it.

Last year included 2 awful losses plus a UF beatdown to start the season. Let's not make it more than it was either.

Because you cannot, outside of a complete fluke, ever, EVER lose to a team that is inferior in talent to you. Pruitt has lost to Vandy, GA freaking State, BYU, Kentucky, and Arkansas. These teams have less talent all the way around. Tennessee's players are flat out better and more talented than the players on these teams, therefore we have a coaching problem folks. There is ZERO excuse to be beaten by these teams.

I imagine it’s largely due to on the field results in his third year. An anemic offense led by a clueless QB, an underperforming OLine, a defense that can’t defend a pass (especially a slant), a digressing punter, and several blowout losses, one being to Kentucky. Idk
This. Plus lack of adjustments and inability/stubbornness to change. Also seems like he's micromanaging everything, except our crappy defense, unless this job just exposed his true identity as a "defensive guru". Recruiting needs to be better also. And the Butch-esque friend/yes-man hiring bs

I didn't like the hire when it happened and have been very skeptical from the beginning. Now I'm full blown concerned for the program moving forward and have completely checked out on him.

I went into this season with a glimmer of optimism based on the way last season ended. There should have been no way they were any worse than last year and should have been greatly improved. I know key pieces are gone, but others had a big opportunity to step up.

We should ALL be VERY, VERY discouraged by what we are witnessing.

VN Store

Back