Why all-in on Pruitt now???

We all knew it would take 3-4 years to straighten out the mess that Dooley and Butch put us in not to mention Lame Kiffen....
We do need more consistency at QB. The OL is starting to open up some holes. Our defense is starting to play better. We're getting there slowly but surely. Next year will be better and the year after that will be even better still. Patience... Pruitt will get the job done...

GO VOLS!!!

I don't understand all the optimism you blokes have now. All of the sudden, Pruitt is definitely the right coach. The Vols are 2-5 this year with losses to BYU and Georgia St. Now coming off a blowout loss to an Alabama team without Tua for most of the game, the Vols have turned the corner?
Butch Jones had two 9-4 seasons and 3 bowl wins, and you jimmies wanted him fired the whole time he was here.
This can’t possibly be a legit post. It’s dumb as hell and if you’re being serious here, you have no idea what you’re seeing when watching the Vols play, especially the last 2 games.

Jones - Dobb’s / Hurd = suck immediately / exposed from the start

Pruitt inherited a very soft team with very little talent. Jones was a finesse coach. Pruitt is an old school hard nose coach. The talent needed to run those offenses varies drastically. It’s much harder to run a hard nose offense with finesse guys than the other way around. Still at this moment there is no QB on the roster even on the same planet as Dobb’s. When Pruitt got to UT there was no O-line talent except for Trey. When Pruitt got here there were no “legacy” players lined up at RB on the same planet as Hurd and there still isn’t anyone at UT on that level.

Jones got lucky. Pruitt is having to rebuild from the bottom up. If people can’t see that for what it is and comprehend the challenge Pruitt is faced with then find another team to pull for. As for me I’m going to sit back and watch it all unfold as Pruitt becomes the next great head coach at UT. 2021 is the year it all comes together.

Reactions: Sara Clark
I don't understand all the optimism you blokes have now. All of the sudden, Pruitt is definitely the right coach. The Vols are 2-5 this year with losses to BYU and Georgia St. Now coming off a blowout loss to an Alabama team without Tua for most of the game, the Vols have turned the corner?
Butch Jones had two 9-4 seasons and 3 bowl wins, and you jimmies wanted him fired the whole time he was here.
You’re a little to late for me, You see, I bought in from day ☝️ with Pruitt! A blow out loss? You must’ve watched a different game, because if it hadn’t been for the refs, we should’ve won that game. My friend, I don’t know what a bloke is, but whatever!

I am far from all in on Pruitt...I still don't think he is even close to the answer.

Is this thread for real? There is nobody, and I mean NOBODY, who has been a bigger critic of Pruitt than me. If I were the AD, he would've walked home to Alabama after the Georgia State game. I wanted him canned on the spot. But if you can't look at the play of this team the last few weeks and see the improvements that are being made, you're blind. We all want wins. But you know what? We may not even get a win this week...and that's not necessarily going to be because Jeremy Pruitt is a terrible coach. You have to crawl before you walk. This team was curled up in the fetal position sucking its thumb after the GaSt debacle. Right now it's toddling. Yeah, it's still gonna fall and cry for a bottle a few more times before it's strutting around confidently like a barnyard rooster, but the growth is evident. I feel sorry for the negative Nancies who can't recognize that.

One of those 9-4 seasons was a season full of underachievement. Year 5 was the straw that broke the camel's back in Butch's 5th year

Reactions: preacherwebb
This can’t possibly be a legit post. It’s dumb as hell and if you’re being serious here, you have no idea what you’re seeing when watching the Vols play, especially the last 2 games.

Granted, I haven't lived in the states long enough to see the Vols during their best years under Fulmer. However, Mississippi St. is one of the worst teams in the SEC. And Alabama was playing very conservative with their backup QB. I was hoping for a Tennessee win for sure, but you have to watch the game of football objectively chap.
As far as being on the wrong board, my wife and I have intently studied NCAA football since moving to the US, we have a thriving couples NCAA football discussion group that meets at Applebee's each Monday night during the season. We welcome you to come tonight to the Applebee's in Oak Ridge. Discussion will be welcomed and the Blue Moon will be flowing.

How in the **** do you call that a BLOWOUT loss? If BM played the whole game we either win or lose by single digits. Plus it's hard to beat any team when the Zebras are against you from the start. I've never seen such schittttty officiating in my life. GBO

Tennessee was one competent QB away from being 8 points away From being tied with that red team.

8 points. 8.

That same “bad team” is undermanned. 65 scholarship players were that close to a full, loaded roster. With a healthy Maurer Tennessee is at worst tied maybe even leading. They have fed off his energy since he became the starter and played better. Both lines are finally coming along and playing better against tougher competition. When they could have laid down like those butch teams they stood up and held them on 4th down to close the game.

Hate on Pruitt all you want but if you can’t see that the team is taking on his mentality of toughness and continuing to fight until the very end there is no help for you. He is the right guy for Tennessee and who this team needs. He came to bat for his kids last night and that’s all some wanted to see.

Dobbs made Jones. Prove me wrong

That Alabama team is NOT a normal bama squad. They will lose 2 before the season its over. WE played with heart but still a loooooooooooooooong way to go. Pruitts recruiting is not good enough ...yet
I must have missed that year they didn’t pull in one of the best recruiting classes in the nation resulting in this NOT a normal squad.

Reactions: Sara Clark

You're a pretty thick bloke, aren't you mate?

Desperation. People looking for any sign of hope.
You and I have historically been on the same side when it comes to Pruitt. Your post is succinct and accurate. Fans are looking for hope. The hope which assures we aren't spinning our wheels for another 3-5 years while our fiercest competitors are reaching new heights. I have no idea if CJP will be the guy. I still lean toward 'not the guy' than i do 'is the guy'.

But this team is improving. The defense line and the o line are gaining in effectiveness. The receivers look like an elite squad when there is a QB who gets them the ball on time and in stride. RBs, especially Jordan, have hit another level recently. Linebackers playing well especially against the run. And our secondary is improved, too. Warrior is more consistent now than at any other time I can remember. Bryce Thompson and Alontae Taylor had a nice couple of games.

So, there's my hope. The improvement we've all been looking for but hasn't gelled, yet. I admit we had a couple of impressive games last season. I also admit we followed those games up with a world of suck at the end. But this team feels different right now.

Trolls coming out of the woodwork and generating traffic.

Good for revenue........

The effort was good and encouraging, and I support CJP. I am patiently watching the rebuild. If the OP can't see that, then he is on the wrong board.
And they had "turned the corner" after the Auburn game. He deserves every right to his opinion as you do to yours. Frankly, his argument still flies based on history.

You and I have historically been on the same side when it comes to Pruitt. Your post is succinct and accurate. Fans are looking for hope. The hope which assures we aren't spinning our wheels for another 3-5 years while our fiercest competitors are reaching new heights. I have no idea if CJP will be the guy. I still lean toward 'not the guy' than i do 'is the guy'.

But this team is improving. The defense line and the o line are gaining in effectiveness. The receivers look like an elite squad when there is a QB who gets them the ball on time and in stride. RBs, especially Jordan, have hit another level recently. Linebackers playing well especially against the run. And our secondary is improved, too. Warrior is more consistent now than at any other time I can remember. Bryce Thompson and Alontae Taylor had a nice couple of games.

So, there's my hope. The improvement we've all been looking for but hasn't gelled, yet. I admit we had a couple of impressive games last season. I also admit we followed those games up with a world of suck at the end. But this team feels different right now.

I hope beyond hope Pruitt is the guy, he's earned my skepticism and he has to do more than what he did Sat night to eliminate it. I see improvement and I see some positive signs that things are heading in the right direction. He has to start winning games on the regular before I'm buying in.

Reactions: McDad
Note that trolls always deal in extremes and false choices: if you don't actually want CJP strung up from a lamppost a la Mussolini, you are "ALL IN." If you have some criticisms of his job performance, you are "FAHR HIM NOW."

VN Store

Back