Why all-in on Pruitt now???

Our NCAA football discussion group met last night at the Oak Ridge Applebee's. I had mentioned it and invited everyone to attend a little earlier in the thread, so I thought I'd share the highlights from last night. We had 3 other couples in attendance. One from Adamsville, one from Oak Ridge, and one from Cleveland. All are regular attenders, so no new couples. We all had the riblets (can't go wrong there). As usual, my wife created a highlight video from Saturday's game, and we all watched it after we finished eating. The video always gets the conversational juices flowing so to speak. We then ordered several pitchers of Blue Moon and we got down to the business of discussing Saturday's game. There were some heated discussions on several points. Don't want to bore you, so I'll just hit the high points.
1. The majority of us were disgusted with Coach Pruitt's handling of JG after the fumble. Feel that Coach Pruitt needs more "social awareness" if he is the face of the program. National television was not the place to dress JG down for that. Could have been pulled out immediately, and he could have gotten his scolding in private. A couple of the guys were in tears while speaking of this situation.
2. All felt our offensive line play was pretty impressive. After doing much study on the physics and technique of blocking this summer, my wife and I now feel pretty well educated when discussing line play.
3. All of us also agreed that our defense looks much more prepared than it did earlier in the season. Clint (guy in our group) has a motto that he always uses when discussing defense, "Alignment, Assignment, Attack". And he feels the Vols were pretty solid with this Saturday. He had a few to many Blue Moons, and he kept screaming that motto over and over. Manager had to ask him to stop. Bloke can't hold his suds......
4. Had some good discussion on maybe moving Jennings to QB. Maurer may be injured still, and we don't think Pruitt will play Guarantano anymore. However, at this point, most of us still believe Guarantano gives us the best shot at winning.
Again new couples are welcomed. Join us.......
View attachment 233002View attachment 233002

If we lose to UK and Mizzu questions linger. If we lose to Vandy or UAB all questions have been answered.

UT will not lose to UAB...not now. So that is off the table IMO. Mizzou will be favored, that’s not a good barometer. UK and Vandy are the barometers believe it or not, Those games will be telling.

Our NCAA football discussion group met last night at the Oak Ridge Applebee's. I had mentioned it and invited everyone to attend a little earlier in the thread, so I thought I'd share the highlights from last night. We had 3 other couples in attendance. One from Adamsville, one from Oak Ridge, and one from Cleveland. All are regular attenders, so no new couples. We all had the riblets (can't go wrong there). As usual, my wife created a highlight video from Saturday's game, and we all watched it after we finished eating. The video always gets the conversational juices flowing so to speak. We then ordered several pitchers of Blue Moon and we got down to the business of discussing Saturday's game. There were some heated discussions on several points. Don't want to bore you, so I'll just hit the high points.
1. The majority of us were disgusted with Coach Pruitt's handling of JG after the fumble. Feel that Coach Pruitt needs more "social awareness" if he is the face of the program. National television was not the place to dress JG down for that. Could have been pulled out immediately, and he could have gotten his scolding in private. A couple of the guys were in tears while speaking of this situation.
2. All felt our offensive line play was pretty impressive. After doing much study on the physics and technique of blocking this summer, my wife and I now feel pretty well educated when discussing line play.
3. All of us also agreed that our defense looks much more prepared than it did earlier in the season. Clint (guy in our group) has a motto that he always uses when discussing defense, "Alignment, Assignment, Attack". And he feels the Vols were pretty solid with this Saturday. He had a few to many Blue Moons, and he kept screaming that motto over and over. Manager had to ask him to stop. Bloke can't hold his suds......
4. Had some good discussion on maybe moving Jennings to QB. Maurer may be injured still, and we don't think Pruitt will play Guarantano anymore. However, at this point, most of us still believe Guarantano gives us the best shot at winning.
I'm starting to become a fan of yours.

Cause we realize a team with no talent keep up with one that has everybody. They played harder against Bama than Butch did his entire tenure.

After the 2015 game, the last game where UT actually had a lead against Bama in the 2nd half, Bama’s players said UT was the fastest team they had played all season. Butch and his teams fell apart towards the end of his tenure, but stop with the revisionist history crap. We were a good kicker away from the playoffs in 2015.

Reactions: Cartervol
Desperation. People looking for any sign of hope.
I don't understand all the optimism you blokes have now. All of the sudden, Pruitt is definitely the right coach. The Vols are 2-5 this year with losses to BYU and Georgia St. Now coming off a blowout loss to an Alabama team without Tua for most of the game, the Vols have turned the corner?
Butch Jones had two 9-4 seasons and 3 bowl wins, and you jimmies wanted him fired the whole time he was here.
One old vs on new posters views are the same in essence. Maybe one inexperienced poster vs one that is just as frustrated as we all are. It's been said Give the Coach time he is building from Ground zero. Pruitt cannot fix the hole the Administrators have dug themselves into over a 12 year period and in just 2 recruiting cycles. Patience, this did not just happen overnight. The staff and the coach are pros at this and are working to fix many problems. 1st being Culture

Wayna Morris showing the results of CJP

One old vs on new posters views are the same in essence. Maybe one inexperienced poster vs one that is just as frustrated as we all are. It's been said Give the Coach time he is building from Ground zero. Pruitt cannot fix the hole the Administrators have dug themselves into over a 12 year period and in just 2 recruiting cycles. Patience, this did not just happen overnight. The staff and the coach are pros at this and are working to fix many problems. 1st being Culture

Wayna Morris showing the results of CJP

He's given us plenty of reason to be justified in our doubts about him. That being said he will be given time to prove that he can get the job done, he will get to the end of next season, if he can't by then it's on to hoping we do better with the next guy.

Reactions: 08Vol
He's given us plenty of reason to be justified in our doubts about him. That being said he will be given time to prove that he can get the job done, he will get to the end of next season, if he can't by then it's on to hoping we do better with the next guy.
yeah that's the problem with posters on the board the next guy it's become a running joke truly believe at this pace he gets four years because it's hard to argue with progress and this team seems to be showing continual process. Let him get his players on the field and let's look at the results 4 years and a wake-up
Name the areas that we have not improved in besides quarterback. Hard to justify after signing 3 players out of Memphis that are four stars

yeah that's the problem with posters on the board the next guy it's become a running joke truly believe at this pace he gets four years because it's hard to argue with progress and this team seems to be showing continual process. Let him get his players on the field and let's look at the results 4 years and a wake-up
Name the areas that we have not improved in besides quarterback. Hard to justify after signing 3 players out of Memphis that are four stars

A long term decision has to be made after next season. He will either have to be extended or fired, if he isn't extended recruiting will suffer.

Grown men cried over jg getting his face mask pulled? 😂😂😂😂 what a bunch of pu#####!

A long term decision has to be made after next season. He will either have to be extended or fired, if he isn't extended recruiting will suffer.
Great answer but but but but but but anything now is just speculation and I'm sure that the administrators aren't even thinking that way right now. Plus the fact that long-term future considerations have not been our Forte since 2007

Great answer but but but but but but anything now is just speculation and I'm sure that the administrators aren't even thinking that way right now. Plus the fact that long-term future considerations have not been our Forte since 2007

If Fulmer is a competent AD he is thinking about it now.

I don't understand all the optimism you blokes have now. All of the sudden, Pruitt is definitely the right coach. The Vols are 2-5 this year with losses to BYU and Georgia St. Now coming off a blowout loss to an Alabama team without Tua for most of the game, the Vols have turned the corner?
Butch Jones had two 9-4 seasons and 3 bowl wins, and you jimmies wanted him fired the whole time he was here.

Did you watch these games?

I like some things i'm seeing. Still the slow start is a stain on the year unless they figure out a way to 6. I'll reserve judgement til next year. Seen good and bad. Lately it's been better. Hope it stays that way.

After the 2015 game, the last game where UT actually had a lead against Bama in the 2nd half, Bama’s players said UT was the fastest team they had played all season. Butch and his teams fell apart towards the end of his tenure, but stop with the revisionist history crap. We were a good kicker away from the playoffs in 2015.
That was Butch's best team as far as physicality. 2016 he didn't know how to use his talent right. Too many injuries near the end of the season derailed it. Still Butch will forever be known as the guy that left Kamara on the bench.

iu

Granted, I haven't lived in the states long enough to see the Vols during their best years under Fulmer. However, Mississippi St. is one of the worst teams in the SEC. And Alabama was playing very conservative with their backup QB. I was hoping for a Tennessee win for sure, but you have to watch the game of football objectively chap.
As far as being on the wrong board, my wife and I have intently studied NCAA football since moving to the US, we have a thriving couples NCAA football discussion group that meets at Applebee's each Monday night during the season. We welcome you to come tonight to the Applebee's in Oak Ridge. Discussion will be welcomed and the Blue Moon will be flowing.

OP, I understand and personally commend you for taking the time, with others, to learn about American football. Like a lot of sports, which are win/loss based, it's easy to focus on the macro aspects of a given game. It's the devil in the details that can be hard, but are what answer the "why" things are happening. It comes a bit easier if you've actually played the game, even in talking with folks who've grown up here (but haven't been in the game). If you want a real challenge, try American baseball, which I've played the most, that'll really hurt the mind.

I wont offer a whole lot of advice, so I'll focus on one or two. First, the SEC is a line of scrimmage game, to a great deal. Our previous coach (CBJ), IMO, decided that he wanted offensive linemen that were lighter and faster.......he got lighter, but not much faster (because at this level, he didn't understand, you could actually get both). In your world(?), it's like a rugby coach saying he wants mostly speed, but at the cost of any size in the front, aka weight (try that **** with the All-Blacks). And he recruited/played like that for 5 years. He did okay for a year or so, but never won anything of significance. Because of that philosophy he regularly got killed by the Alabama's, Florida's and Georgia's of the world..... NOT ..... understanding that is who you HAVE TO beat. Doing 8-4, and losing to AL, GA and FL consistently means you've got your wires crossed.....or...in his case, he didn't get it at all.

Lastly..... when you've recruited at the LOS, for 5 years, fast and light, it takes at least 2-1/2 to 3 years .... if not 5 to overcome it. Just like it would be in rugby, i.e. You do NOT get to recruit big boys on a whim, it takes years to develop them. It's actually early (complimentary) to say we have seen improvement in the OL this year. The OL directly impacts a team's ability to let the QB pass...and the RB run...fundamental aspects of this game......in the SEC. Screw up in the OL and you screw up your passing and running game. They are not independent, they are synonymous. I'd go into the DL but generally the same principles apply, just in a different way.

I hope this in some way is helpful.

OP, I understand and personally commend you for taking the time, with others, to learn about American football. Like a lot of sports, which are win/loss based, it's easy to focus on the macro aspects of a given game. It's the devil in the details that can be hard, but are what answer the "why" things are happening. It comes a bit easier if you've actually played the game, even in talking with folks who've grown up here (but haven't been in the game). If you want a real challenge, try American baseball, which I've played the most, that'll really hurt the mind.

I wont offer a whole lot of advice, so I'll focus on one or two. First, the SEC is a line of scrimmage game, to a great deal. Our previous coach (CBJ), IMO, decided that he wanted offensive linemen that were lighter and faster.......he got lighter, but not much faster (because at this level, he didn't understand, you could actually get both). In your world(?), it's like a rugby coach saying he wants mostly speed, but at the cost of any size in the front, aka weight (try that **** with the All-Blacks). And he recruited/played like that for 5 years. He did okay for a year or so, but never won anything of significance. Because of that philosophy he regularly got killed by the Alabama's, Florida's and Georgia's of the world..... NOT ..... understanding that is who you HAVE TO beat. Doing 8-4, and losing to AL, GA and FL consistently means you've got your wires crossed.....or...in his case, he didn't get it at all.

Lastly..... when you've recruited at the LOS, for 5 years, fast and light, it takes at least 2-1/2 to 3 years .... if not 5 to overcome it. Just like it would be in rugby, i.e. You do NOT get to recruit big boys on a whim, it takes years to develop them. It's actually early (complimentary) to say we have seen improvement in the OL this year. The OL directly impacts a team's ability to let the QB pass...and the RB run...fundamental aspects of this game......in the SEC. Screw up in the OL and you screw up your passing and running game. They are not independent, they are synonymous. I'd go into the DL but generally the same principles apply, just in a different way.

I hope this in some way is helpful.
Amazing. People still believing this guy is for real. Rubes.

VN Store

Back