Why all-in on Pruitt now???

Randy Beaver

I don't understand all the optimism you blokes have now. All of the sudden, Pruitt is definitely the right coach. The Vols are 2-5 this year with losses to BYU and Georgia St. Now coming off a blowout loss to an Alabama team without Tua for most of the game, the Vols have turned the corner?
Butch Jones had two 9-4 seasons and 3 bowl wins, and you jimmies wanted him fired the whole time he was here.

I don't understand all the optimism you blokes have now. All of the sudden, Pruitt is definitely the right coach. The Vols are 2-5 this year with losses to BYU and Georgia St. Now coming off a blowout loss to an Alabama team without Tua for most of the game, the Vols have turned the corner?
Butch Jones had two 9-4 seasons and 3 bowl wins, and you jimmies wanted him fired the whole time he was here.
Don’t call me bloke, bloke.

Did you watch the game? We fought tooth and nail against the number one team in the nation. We had a chance to win it. Pruitt has the boys fired up and ready to play. He, himself, showed a lot of heart and proved that he has what it takes to be a coach here. Our team looks much different now than at the beginning of the year.

Blow out loss??? Did you actually WATCH the game? Do you know anything about the game itself?
Without the zebras hosing us every single opportunity they had we had a legit shot at winning the game.
The team looks light years ahead of where they were just 3 weeks ago... Meaning they are being coached up!

Haven't seen anybody say he's definitely the right anything.

Blow out loss??? Did you actually WATCH the game? Do you know anything about the game itself?
Without the zebras hosing us every single opportunity they had we had a legit shot at winning the game.
The team looks light years ahead of where they were just 3 weeks ago... Meaning they are being coached up!
From previous posts, he and his wife are learning about football. ;)

Yeah, the team just looked like more of a football team the last two weeks, players were making plays, and 12 freshman are starting or contributing so showing that kind of progress and fight and improvement over the season with such a young team will definitely settle one's nerves. still a lot of games to be played, but if he continues to develop players and can come up with a way to plan around the QB position we could be ok.

Reactions: SmokinBob

Is that you Barb? Can I get some of that dip?

If you can't see it, then you are on the wrong board.

Cause we realize a team with no talent keep up with one that has everybody. They played harder against Bama than Butch did his entire tenure.
Their effort was great. Not sure you can say "at anytime during his tenure." Very generic assertion.

Reactions: 08Vol
Last 3 games of improvement have shown what he can do. I was all in at the first of the season.

Last edited:
Reactions: amorange
That Alabama team is NOT a normal bama squad. They will lose 2 before the season its over. WE played with heart but still a loooooooooooooooong way to go. Pruitts recruiting is not good enough ...yet

Well, yeah, but if you can't see the difference in play the last couple games you probably don't understand why. There are a lot of people who just needed one tiny glimmer of progress to hold on to. We finally have that glimmer. No one's stopping you from being Debbie downer if you want to be a Debbie downer. Yes, we've ruined this season from the jump, but the bad news bears are starting to come around. We starting to look like a real football team. We gave Bama their toughest game all season so far right after a big win against MSU. People are encouraged compared to what we were feeling a month ago. We were never going to be a great team this year. It was always supposed to be a building year to catapult into next season, and the way I see it we're right back on track to make that happen. Go Vols!

If you can't see improvement from week to week, then you are blind.

VN Store

Back