Who You Got?

I cannot understand why any Tennessee fan would want our conference champion to lose in any game, besides the one they play against us.
What are you saying...?? You want a team that beat our Vols by two touchdowns to be defeated..?? I'm sorry...I don't get it.
I'm looking forward to enjoying watching Georgia put 50 on TCU while holding them to ( maybe) a field goal or two.
UGA winning another NC can only hurt the Vols.

Reactions: Jax_Vol
The whole thing gets boring to me is all the NCs are coming from the same conference every year. One great thing about basketball is a greater amount of parity between teams makes things more interesting.

GO FRAWGS

Reactions: Palm Beach Vol
I am like almost every Vol fan in that I really hope TCU wins. But it’s not going to happen. TCU isn’t going to be able to run the ball. And TCU doesn’t have the speed to match UGA. I will be surprised if TCU scores more than 17. Meanwhile TCI has no answers for Washington, Bowers and Mitchell. I say UGA wins by 21.
Speed is one thing TCU has plenty of. It will be closer than people think.

TCU all the way.

Pulling for a couple of douchebags like Kirby or Bennett just goes against every fiber of my being.

I can go for the SEC pride thing outside of AL, FL, and GA.

How does Georgia winning help UT? We are second best? Go here if you can’t go there? Is it like the average girl hanging around the beauty queen, hoping to get noticed?
Not me—I want noticed on my own merits.
I’m no SEC homer. UT homer All the way GBO!

I cannot understand why any Tennessee fan would want our conference champion to lose in any game, besides the one they play against us.
What are you saying...?? You want a team that beat our Vols by two touchdowns to be defeated..?? I'm sorry...I don't get it.
I'm looking forward to enjoying watching Georgia put 50 on TCU while holding them to ( maybe) a field goal or two.

Winning back to back championships gives them power in the living room. These living rooms are where future games are won and lost. UGA winning or SEC teams winning does not help us in any way. Its of little consequence who we pull for but thats my reasoning.

I'll be the first one to admit that I am not nearly as tuned into all things football as most of you are but here I go.

I think CJH and his staff can recruit with the best of them. UT has a program on the rise, game day atmosphere at Neyland is #1, the facilities are top notch and the campus is beautiful. I just don't understand why so many of you automatically think that what UT has to offer isn't just as (or more) appealing to recruits this year as those of any other successful SEC school. Why wouldn't some of these much sought after guys want to be part of what's next and not just what has been the recent past. Nico does.

Reactions: guido4198
2nd place is still the first loser.
Ga winning back to back doesn't make our season any better..And it damn sure doesn't help Tennessee recruiting.

Reactions: norriscraftbasser
SEC solidarity is a bunch of garbage. These jackals in the rest of the conference’s fanbases have kicked and spit on us over and over again for more than 10 years. They’ve showed no class and if (when) the situation is reversed, they will NOT wish us well.

I’ll be ok with Texas when they enter the SEC because I’ve been stationed in Texas for so much of my career that it kinda rubs off on you after that long. I’ll tip my hat to the Pirate out of respect.

But I will NEVER pull for those who use every angle to negative recruit against us. I will NEVER cheer for those that hardly missed a chance to crack jokes at our expense during the Dooley-Butch-Pruitt years. I will NEVER hope that Lane Kiffin’s team does anything but lose no matter who they play. You mean you’re gonna hope that that fool Shane Beamer wins so that he can run his c*** holster some more? You’re gonna root for the idiot Drinkwitz who took shots at us over the summer like a classless moron? You’re actually going to hope Florida wins . . . against anyone?!

Nope.

Pinning your pride on a conference that is looking to cut your throat at every opportunity is madness. The only wins that help Tennessee are our own. Believe me, no one else is rooting for us to do anything but come up short.

Go Tennessee . . . and only Tennessee.

We shouldn’t be classless (like literally everyone else has been during the past 10-15 years), but we sure as h*** shouldn’t be hoping for our enemies’ success. It’s a zero sum game, folks. And that is the way we should think about it. Take back what is ours and let the rest burn.

Of course, I don’t advocate this approach in life outside of college football fandom, but since we’re on a message board . . . HA!

Last edited:

Lol. Please explain how UGA winning another NC helps us. Remember they are rivals and we have to recruit against them heavily.

Reactions: norriscraftbasser
2nd place is still the first loser.
Ga winning back to back doesn't make our season any better..And it damn sure doesn't help Tennessee recruiting.
They can't all go to GA can they? I just think there are a lot of considerations for recruits besides who won the last championship. I agree that the we weren't a big draw the last decade and a half but we are now. My belief is that CJH and company will get their fair share of top notch recruits and they'll know just how to coach 'em up. I'm very optimistic and think the VOLS will be more than fine. Next season we beat GA!

Speed is one thing TCU has plenty of. It will be closer than people think.

They don’t have UGA speed. Neither does Michigan. There is a reason UGA is a 2 TD favorite. Hopefully TCU is on a Cinderella run. But I just think UGA beats the brakes off them. Remember TCU lost to Kansas State.

How can you not see that their success is bad for us? They are putting together a Bama-like dynasty. We rely on recruiting Ga, we are going after the same players, Kirby has a lot of years left in him. Hard to pull recruits from a National Champions backyard, that is sending all their players to the NFL, and turning guys like Bennett into household names. On top of that, I live here, their fans are obnoxious.

I dont understand pulling for a rival. A rival that is kicking everyone's ass in recruiting. A rival that will only improve that recruiting pitch with another NC.

I want UT to win... the dawgs winning now or ever does not help that cause.

Your take is to live vicariously through a UT rival. Have at it... but don't expect that to correlate into wins for the good guys.

Why is that difficult to understand?

UT first and UT only.

They can't all go to GA can they? I just think there are a lot of considerations for recruits besides who won the last championship. I agree that the we weren't a big draw the last decade and a half but we are now. My belief is that CJH and company will get their fair share of top notch recruits and they'll know just how to coach 'em up. I'm very optimistic and think the VOLS will be more than fine. Next season we beat GA!
All that is correct. However screw the dawgs and another title.
That does zero to advance Tennessee.

VN Store

Back