Who You Got?

I am like almost every Vol fan in that I really hope TCU wins. But it’s not going to happen. TCU isn’t going to be able to run the ball. And TCU doesn’t have the speed to match UGA. I will be surprised if TCU scores more than 17. Meanwhile TCI has no answers for Washington, Bowers and Mitchell. I say UGA wins by 21.
Most were confident they wouldn’t run the ball against Michigan. We saw how that turned out. Both teams have been lucky tough so far. I think it will be a good game

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
I hate UGA. That simple. As for the SEC, I'll root for UT and any team an SEC school is playing. It's league loyalty that makes no sense to me given our goal is to rule the SEC. The more success they have, the harder it is for us.

And if the SEC is not the "BIG DOG" beating all comers, you want use to "rule" over a conference like let's say the Conference USA. No as you say, all conference teams playing outside the conference, regardless of the sport should be supported against the "outsider".. Sorry, but this includes GA.

Reactions: guido4198
The stance of a competitor is to wear the crown or to knock it off the head of the guy wearing it. We ain't wearing it, so knocking it off the head of the guy wearing is left. I would rather knock it off during conference play.

How “competitive” has Tennessee been in “Conference Play” the last 20+ years against Alabama, Georgia, Florida or LSU?

I rest my case…

EA1C2D79-E254-4B01-A537-7C1CABB0D0EC.jpeg

How “competitive” has Tennessee been in “Conference Play” the last 20+ years against Alabama, Georgia, Florida or LSU?

I rest my case…

View attachment 528554
your case is that since we haven't been competitive then no one else in the conference shouldn't win? kindergarten scat.

I cannot understand why people think it’s beneficial to UT for Georgia or Alabama to be the NC EVERY YEAR!!! Those two teams typically have put 2 losses on our Vols most years so how has that improved our program? Look, if the SEC were a struggling conference that needed some respect maybe conference solidarity would be appropriate. I don’t know a single Georgia/Alabama fan that would cheer for the Vols if the roles were reversed. Go TCU!!!

Most were confident they wouldn’t run the ball against Michigan. We saw how that turned out. Both teams have been lucky tough so far. I think it will be a good game

While you have a point, Michigan isn’t Georgia. UM has played a grand total of 2 good teams all year. Nobody has been able to really run on UGA for 2 years. TCU doesn’t have the RB to do it. I just disagree about it being a good game. If UGA plays up to their potential they will blow TCU out.

And one more thing….sat next to 5 drunk Georgia fans in Neyland stadium for the 2021 game. Their trashing of the Vols started well before the game and lasted the entirety. I repeatedly asked them to cheer for their team and not bad mouth mine. Of course they didn’t listen. Those fans alone were enough to make me hope they lose every game.

it may help the reputation of the conference for Georgia winning the NC but it helps Georgia a lot more (recruiting/exposure/etc) than it helps Tennessee. Since it helps Georgia more, then it hurts us since Georgia is our main competitor in the conference. I don’t want Georgia to become the new Alabama for the next 10 years.
It won’t happen but if TCU won by 50 it would help us in the recruiting battles with Georgia. Georgia or TCU winning won’t change the fact that Georgia beat us by 2 touchdowns and for me won’t change my disappointment during that game.
If we were conference champs and were playing in the NC game, then I would be fine with the other SEC teams winning the Music City Bowl or whatever.

“The enemy of my enemy is my friend.”
Well stated. I always pull for the SEC, except when FL plays!

I cannot understand why any Tennessee fan would want our conference champion to lose in any game, besides the one they play against us.
What are you saying...?? You want a team that beat our Vols by two touchdowns to be defeated..?? I'm sorry...I don't get it.
I'm looking forward to enjoying watching Georgia put 50 on TCU while holding them to ( maybe) a field goal or two.
It’s because their success is direct competition to ours. The better they are, the better their recruiting continues to be, and given the direct competition for both recruits and the east division, their success is an impediment to ours.

Go horned frogs.

I'd give anything to see TCU win, but as the saying goes, you gotta lose one before you can win one. Stage might be a tad too big and the lights a bit too bright for TCU not to mention the UGA talent advantage. Michigan is one thing. Dawgs are another. If TCU isn't taken aback by the UGA size and speed and can weather the first quarter, they might have a shot at making it interesting. Gonna need UGA to have "one of those games" to spring the upset. One thing is certain. They have to win the QB battle. Duggans has to play incredible and TCU somehow has to get some hard licks on Bennett early.
Chances of that are slim to none. They had their bad game this past weekend and Ohio state somehow managed to let them get back in it and escape with the w. If I was a betting man, id bet for uga to cover the 14 point spread and then some, unfortunately.

Reactions: Nooga
I cannot understand why any Tennessee fan would want our conference champion to lose in any game, besides the one they play against us.
What are you saying...?? You want a team that beat our Vols by two touchdowns to be defeated..?? I'm sorry...I don't get it.
I'm looking forward to enjoying watching Georgia put 50 on TCU while holding them to ( maybe) a field goal or two.

I don't understand what any UT fan would wish anything but pain and destruction on our rivals. I have no conference loyalty, I don't care if UGA beat us, I want them humiliated by 500 points and all their players to enter the transfer portal the morning after the bowl game.

I’m saying I don’t pull for anyone other than UT but I will pull for those teams that help make UT better in some way. In this case I pray that TCU beats the smug off of Kirby Smartass and his entire team and their families!
Pulling for Ga in no way shape or form helps UT!
For those pulling for GA to win, GTFO!

Reactions: Palm Beach Vol
I’ll take that bet ! No recruit says gooooo SEC ! That’s why !

VN Store

Back