Who will be the qb this year?

It'll be JG till he graduates,,,,whatever year that will be. Already been shown he has the staff's trust. Just hope he improves this year.

I watched some games from last year this weekend. He had plenty of time and still threw the ball over everyone’s head. Not sure why people make excuses for him. Maybe his first two years but his Oline was great at pass protection last year.
I’m not making excuses for JG, if he plays like poop then yank his ass and play for the future. If he has a crompton style turn around year 2 then let the kid play.

I’m not making excuses for JG, if he plays like poop then yank his ass and play for the future. If he has a crompton style turn around year 2 then let the kid play.
Wasn’t really saying you were. I just meant many people do.

JG will be what he always has been. Changing OCs is not the reason he has limited arm strength to throw deep and throws late. That is physical talent and trusting your receivers.
For fans who think he is a serviceable QB, I agree. I also think you get beat a lot of games in the SEC if you do not have good to great QB play. Tenn’s scoring offense has been terrible for the last 3 years. Red zone where the field shortens is a disaster. The QB has to thread the needle in that area, otherwise you get 3 pts instead of seven on most drives.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
I dont think it really matters

This year with this OLine, Gray and Chandler and no spring training and messed up fall training and finally an inexperienced (but exciting) Wide Receivers group the game plan will be RUN RUN RUN with the odd long pass.

This season will depend on keeping the OLine Covid and injury free and getting Cade eligible.

This year with this OLine, Gray and Chandler and no spring training and messed up fall training and finally an inexperienced (but exciting) Wide Receivers group the game plan will be RUN RUN RUN with the odd long pass.

This season will depend on keeping the OLine Covid and injury free and getting Cade eligible.
Cade is a bonus, we still have a top 3 oline without him.

With covid's impact it's very difficult seeing JG lose him job until at least the Bama game.

JG, for no other reason than Bailey didn’t get the benefit of Spring practice and missed some time this Fall with a COVID quarantine, and Maurer has been hampered with a hamstring injury.

This is it. This is JGs time to shut us all up and prove his mettle. Will he do it? For all our sake, I hope so. But I remain skeptical.

I hope he has a crompton style this year hell we should go 7-3 then which isn't bad by any means

A bit simplistic, but generally true. Run the ball (effectively) until they walk the safety's down then run 4 verticals and throw it over the top.

Reactions: FïreBall

VN Store

Back