Who will be the qb this year?

JG. Finally has a decent line, RB and same offense two years in a row. He may lose the job with a shotty game.

Reactions: Sarms58 and Volanta
JG. Finally has a decent line, RB and same offense two years in a row. He may lose the job with a shotty game.
I don't have any reason to believe that JG has all of a sudden learned to anticipate his throws or suddenly developed the ability to throw receivers open. Most of the time, he's waiting until the receiver makes his break and then throws, often with far too much steam

"main quarterback"??!!

source.gif

Without a total collapse or injury Pruitt will ride JG like a rented mule. He's already shown us this, I don't expect anything different from coach.

I agree to a point if JT, Maurer or HB come in & ball out with control & in a managed stay on script performance they (whoever) will take over being the future. Maurer had flashes last year but as a True F went off script & lost any consistency.
On JG hoping he balls out this year, some say bad OL has held him back but when blocking was there last year he was late a lot & some unexplainable throws like the sure TD to tight End missed him by a mile had all day. So hoping he has it but if not JP will pull but if younger guys go astray the 5th year Sr. Will be back in, it’s a pattern from last year.

Reactions: BreatheUT
Put yourself in Pruitt's shoes, you have a 5th year senior who is finally with the same coordinator for a second year. Why would you not ride the senior until you can bring one of the freshmen/sophamores along which will take most of the season or maybe even until next year. JG is not Joe Burrow but he is a serviceable QB and has the most experience and poise under fire. Pruitt has proved he is not afraid to play the best player regardless of whether he is a freshman or senior. I trust this coaching staff and if they put their trust in JG then I am all in.

COVID changed this race. JG will be the guy. I still think Harrison Bailey will push later in the season, but it won’t be as early as I originally thought. HB was out the first week of fall and only had 2 days in the spring. Looks like Shrout is the backup for right now.

Reactions: i2amavol
Who does everyone think will be the main quarterback this year. If not JG when do you think they will take over?
Rhetorical question? It’ll be JG no matter what. No matter how awful he plays, no matter how well Shrout or Maurer or anybody else plays when they pull JG for his atrocious play. We learned that last year....JG will play no matter what, that much is 1000% clear.

COVID changed this race. JG will be the guy. I still think Harrison Bailey will push later in the season, but it won’t be as early as I originally thought. HB was out the first week of fall and only had 2 days in the spring. Looks like Shrout is the backup for right now.
Not going to lie, Shrout has as much if not more arm talent besides bailey maybe. There could be a bigger competition next year than anyone thought. I know Maurer has wheels and that’s the new sexy in qb’s in college football but look at Chaney at Georgia and Pruitt at bama. They want a qb that will safely deliver the football and efficiently run the offense. Maurer has a clock because Salter is coming and is more athletic with a cannon.

Reactions: lexkyvol
I watched some games from last year this weekend. He had plenty of time and still threw the ball over everyone’s head. Not sure why people make excuses for him. Maybe his first two years but his Oline was great at pass protection last year.

Rhetorical question? It’ll be JG no matter what. No matter how awful he plays, no matter how well Shrout or Maurer or anybody else plays when they pull JG for his atrocious play. We learned that last year....JG will play no matter what, that much is 1000% clear.

Right. So obviously our staff sucks then.

Please. The oline gave him plenty of protection from the 2nd half of 2018 through 2019, minus Georgia State with Pruitt/Chaney/Friend playing musical chairs with the line.

VN Store

Back