Who was a pleasant surprise for you?

The edge rushers! Bennet, Johnson and Baron all impressed me. Felt like that was some of the best pressure we’ve got on the QB in awhile. Offensively, Velus looks dynamic gotta find ways to get him the ball especially if teams are playing downhill against the run.

My pleasant surprise was the offense, we looked to have the potential to be EXPLOSIVE. Jg was off target a lot but you can't question his toughness and desire to want the ball in the moment. He'll get better as the year goes on. The game doesn't look to fast for him anymore, but he holds the ball to long, trying to make the big play. I hope the dump off to GREY lets him know he has playmakers everywhere and can listen to the clock, in everybody's head but his, and get rid of the ball on time. On the other hand the defense's inability to stop the rpo slant was a bit concerning.

Not necessarily a surprise, but Alontae Taylor was all over the place. And his block at the goal line on the Henry T pick six was selfless.

Alontae normally plays pretty well every game and he is our best tackler in the secondary. I don't think he gets enough credit. Also he got two blocks on that INT return.

Not necessarily a surprise, but Alontae Taylor was all over the place. And his block at the goal line on the Henry T pick six was selfless.
Yep, Alontae actually made two devasting blocks on that Henry T pick six. He destroyed another defender about midway through the run, then got back inbounds and took out the guy by the goal. Huge.

Dropped a perfect 3rd down pass to seal the game. Sub par blocking. Didn't do a dang thing all night. ... He's your pleasant surprise?
Yea he is, I know of 3 routes he was wide open and completely missed.. I don’t know how anyone saw anything when it came to perimeter blocking with that AWFUL camera angle.

The wide receiver group and Deandre Johnson were my surprises but many played well. Tyler Baron played well but I had high expectations for him going in. I think that is what was so frustrating was how well we played but could never pull away and crush their spirit.

VN Store

Back