Who was a pleasant surprise for you?

To'o To'o's pick six. Without it, the Vols do not win in Columbia. USC's offense outscored UT's offense, 27-24. No defensive TD, no victory.

Noted: JG is still making mistakes in those moments when it matters most. His unfathomable bad throws came on third downs and/or in the red zone. At least three times in the game, JG singlehandedly killed Tennessee drives - no pressure, no outstanding defensive play, just bad throws at clutch moments.
Yea and if we don't miss a field goal we should hit it still would have went to OT without the D td.

Football doesn't work with woulda couldas. We know what happened.

If the score was different the play calling and aggressiveness changes and we may win by more or lose. You don't know what would have happened.

Reactions: LittleVol
Yea and if we don't miss a field goal we should hit it still would have went to OT without the D td.

Football doesn't work with woulda couldas. We know what happened.

If the score was different the play calling and aggressiveness changes and we may win by more or lose.
You don't know what would have happened.

So, you're saying that your woulda couldas are better than anyone else's woulda couldas... We'll keep that in mind going forward.

We know what happened.

Yes. As I posted earlier, SoCar's offense outscored UT's offense, 27-24. To'o To'o's pick six was key to the Vols victory.

Tennessee was 1-12 on 3rd downs. I think you are misconstruing facts that you don’t like for hate....
I don’t like 1-12 either. I just tend to think we’ll get that figured out. Agreed, it’s just a fact. No hatred in there. Apologies.

Most yall know I have never been a big Chaney fan. However, personally I thought he mixed the pass and run fairly well. I agree with many of yall that with our superior o line we may should have run the ball more than we did. We could have demolished their d line more in the first half had we ran the ball more. JMO
I was upset watching the live game thinking CJC was calling to many pass plays.. But someone posted it was 31/30 pass/run. I didn't check the stats.. Shows I had the blinders on! 😂

Reactions: lukeneyland
DeAndre Johnson!!

He looked like a guy that could make some good money next year!

Very surprised by his play.

Reactions: FïreBall
I liked Tyler Baron's play, especially at a position of need. Deandre Johnson also showed out. Slaughter was a surprise to me, but showed talent - a bright future. We need it at that spot too. Chandler ran with more authority than I recall from last year. OL FR Spraggins played, also good to see. As someone said, JG hit 8 different receivers and made good decisions, very good. E Gray is still dangerous, he's going to break a few long ones off. Velus Jones has got some wheels and I hope Brandon Johnson builds on a solid start. Need to give Banks a 1/2 a Valium, but we were hoping to get good play next to Henry T, and sounds like we may have.

VN Store

Back