Who starts at QB vs BG ?

Who starts at QB vs BG

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
When will you pay me, says the bells ole Bailey. QB1
But we're alternating.
Hooker man, do you see me or do I just see you? QB2 (From a railroad ditty for those who don't know.)

Last edited:
“Some guys played better but we still feel like Jarrett will put us in the best position to win, aight?”

I remember being gullible (stupid) enough to think to myself, “Well, Coach Pruitt must be good enough of a coach to know what he’s doing with this decision.”

And then I watch JG take a snap on the opposing 10-yard line, stare-down a receiver for what seemed like 10 minutes, and throw a pick-six that was returned out of our own end zone. Before it left his hand, I mumbled, “That’s a pick.” The demoralization was real that day. Maybe those days are behind us.

Tayven Jackson. Just kidding but I’m looking forward to seeing him in Orange and White.
Of the QB’s on the current roster the only one I have any faith in is Bailey. He’s the only QB I’ve read about over the summer that seems to be putting significant work in to get better.

Reactions: Illinoisvolfan2
Unfortunately I think HB and Maurer may be casualties of Pruitt-gate.

The timing of Milton’s transfer in (after the spring game) tells me that Heupel actively brought him in.

He’s already graduated from UM so it’s not like he’s in Knoxville for a degree.

He has starting experience and 3 years of eligibility.

The only thing he has against him is that he missed spring, but with potentially few or no class load, he should have time to catch up.

We can debate arm strength and release speed till we’re blue in the face, but the fact he came in after the Heupel hire with 3 QBs already on the roster tells me everything I need to know.

Bailey was recruited as the future and really no reason for that to change. If it's not Bailey I hope he goes somewhere that is not the SEC. Has way to much talent to sit so I am still hoping he is our guy because no matter what right now he has the brightest future and everyone else just trying to salvage what is left of there career.

There's not much left beyond the SEC.

I voted for Bailey, but for some reason, it showed my vote for Hooker. My argument for Heupel signing Milton is this; he was in the portal, has starting experience, and Heupel had only 3 quarterbacks with game experience. I think he made the decision to sign him as a safety net in case every QB gets hurt, which has happened to other teams. I think it will come down to whoever has the best grasp of the offense through fall practice. I trust Heupel will actually put the one that gives the team the best chance on the field, not what Pruitt did.

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
I kind of think the intention was always to give Harrison every possible chance to be the game one starter. Then if he falters, they could bench him without public backlash. But it seems like if they just chose someone over him to begin with they could run the risk of fan revolt. I mean I think they want the fans to see with their own eyes if he can't cut it.

Starting to season with the likes of Bowling Green and Tennessee Tech give the staff flexibility to try something like that.

If they are worried about the fans when choosing any starter in the team....this is the wrong staff

Ahh..
That makes sense

So you will be disappointed in your ability to judge the qb competition...not disappointed that a specific qb didnt get the starting nod.

That clears that up.
I guess you could say that, sure. I've had high hopes for Bailey since he was a Jr in HS. It would be pretty disappointing to see him transfer out. Which I think he will do if he isn't the starter.

Unfortunately I think HB and Maurer may be casualties of Pruitt-gate.

The timing of Milton’s transfer in (after the spring game) tells me that Heupel actively brought him in.

He’s already graduated from UM so it’s not like he’s in Knoxville for a degree.

He has starting experience and 3 years of eligibility.

The only thing he has against him is that he missed spring, but with potentially few or no class load, he should have time to catch up.

We can debate arm strength and release speed till we’re blue in the face, but the fact he came in after the Heupel hire with 3 QBs already on the roster tells me everything I need to know.
careful where you sling all that logic around here

Reactions: Illinoisvolfan2
The question was who starts against BG and I THINK it will be HB. I also think we may see a lot of packages where we play a different QB each game. No question HB has all the skill sets to run an offense. Of course he’s probably not a running style QB but if we need one of those we have a couple.

Reactions: Beagle Bill
The question was who starts against BG and I THINK it will be HB. I also think we may see a lot of packages where we play a different QB each game. No question HB has all the skill sets to run an offense. Of course he’s probably not a running style QB but if we need one of those we have a couple.
I’ve maintained that whomever emerges from Fall camp as the starter should not rest easy. You have to keep advancing and not REPEAT mistakes. Heupel’s always evaluating. That being said, he also has a history of identifying his starter sooner rather than later and riding with them. So I don’t see a musical chairs act with tricked up packages. If we see Maurer coming in to run a sneak (cringe last season reference)? He’s earned playing time…most likely starter minutes.

I remember being gullible (stupid) enough to think to myself, “Well, Coach Pruitt must be good enough of a coach to know what he’s doing with this decision.”

And then I watch JG take a snap on the opposing 10-yard line, stare-down a receiver for what seemed like 10 minutes, and throw a pick-six that was returned out of our own end zone. Before it left his hand, I mumbled, “That’s a pick.” The demoralization was real that day. Maybe those days are behind us.
The demoralization was real then but even moreso when JG called his own number to go over the top of Alabama’s defense instead of handing it to Crouch for an easy 6. We had ALL of the momentum in that game and it was shaping up nicely for UT. Even though bama has been way better than UT during this 15 yr stretch, we usually get about 1 game every 4 years with them that is way closer than it should be, we can just never capitalize and pull off the upset.

I’ve maintained that whomever emerges from Fall camp as the starter should not rest easy. You have to keep advancing and not REPEAT mistakes. Heupel’s always evaluating. That being said, he also has a history of identifying his starter sooner rather than later and riding with them. So I don’t see a musical chairs act with tricked up packages. If we see Maurer coming in to run a sneak (cringe last season reference)? He’s earned playing time…most likely starter minutes.
I agree. And that’s what good competition creates. Take a game off? There’s a man on the sideline close to your talent level more than willing to take over 👌.

Reactions: butchna
I chose Bailey but I think it will be Bailey or Milton. The main reason I chose Bailey is because of his Accuracy and Performance in the Orange and White Game.

Reactions: preacherwebb
I’m not sure if it matters who starts, at least 3 of them will play at some point in the game.

I think it will be Bailey but I will assume that cjh has picked the guy who gives us the best chance to win no matter who trots out.

Reactions: HalfullVol

VN Store

Back