Who starts at QB vs BG ?

Who starts at QB vs BG

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bailey was recruited as the future and really no reason for that to change. If it's not Bailey I hope he goes somewhere that is not the SEC. Has way to much talent to sit so I am still hoping he is our guy because no matter what right now he has the brightest future and everyone else just trying to salvage what is left of there career.

Milton. Because he's the most talented and most advanced QB on the roster.

Bailey has been putting nothing but positive things into his tank the summer.

It should be a good Fall battle.

Milton QB1
Maurer/ Bailey QB2
Hooker QB4

is my guess

May the best guy win... but I still think Mauer is the sleeping giant most of Volnation is overlooking
yeah. He ended spring as the leader imo.

But Joe Milton has anything you could want in a QB. I understand Heupel now.

Reactions: allvolrat
Bailey was recruited as the future and really no reason for that to change. If it's not Bailey I hope he goes somewhere that is not the SEC. Has way to much talent to sit so I am still hoping he is our guy because no matter what right now he has the brightest future and everyone else just trying to salvage what is left of there career.
True, however not recruited by this staff as the future.

If it were tomorrow then it would be Hooker IMO. He played exclusively with the "White" team in the spring which for most of the game was the starters. Maurer got the second most reps and throws with White. Much of Bailey's time came against and with back ups or scout team players.

But the next 4 weeks will decide that question. Anyone who thinks they "know" is being foolish. There's a link to Theo Jackson's interview in another thread. He made it pretty clear that no one on the team knows who the starter will be and that Heupel is giving them all a legitimate shot.

I think it’s funny as hell how VN forgets so easily what these coaches are forced to study. Milton may be the most physically talented but he underwhelmed at Michigan. This is the SEC. Much better/faster defenses here than there. What’s he going to do with a defense like Bama?

Bailey may be the most polished at reading defense but he’s also got the slowest release. Which leads to fumbles. Put pressure on him and he’s not the qb we seen in the spring game. Once again, what’s he gonna do vs any of the big three? He had his shot at the Gators and he didn’t exactly light them up. The rest of his starts were vs cupcakes.

Hooker may have the most experience but he lacks a few things needed in the SEC. He’s not fast enough to take over a game with his legs and he’s not great at the deep ball. Which seems to limit this particular system.

Maurer is the only qb on this roster to play vs Florida, UGA and Alabama. 2 of those starts were vs two of the big three and he’s the only qb that proved to give us a chance vs THOSE guys. “But he throws to the defense” and “he’s inaccurate” arguments are null in void because if those that use such an argument to dispose of him would just simply go back and watch, 3 of his 5 ints hit his receivers hands. 1 of them was literally two plays after landing on his head which later proved he was concussed.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he won the job because these coaches gotta take everything into consideration when choosing. Maurer performs under pressure and none of the others have proven on tape to match that.

I kind of think the intention was always to give Harrison every possible chance to be the game one starter. Then if he falters, they could bench him without public backlash. But it seems like if they just chose someone over him to begin with they could run the risk of fan revolt. I mean I think they want the fans to see with their own eyes if he can't cut it.

Starting to season with the likes of Bowling Green and Tennessee Tech give the staff flexibility to try something like that.

Reactions: Southeastern VFL
Ivan Renko is clearly going to win the starting job. Sub-4.2 40, can throw a football 100 yards, IQ over 180.

VN Store

Back