Who is the worst?

Which of our last hires is the worst?

• Total voters
Dooley, he took a recruiting class without o linemen.

That will always stand out as the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen.

Jones was more of a letdown/meltdown and annoying with the brick by brick.

Pruitt just seems like a bad coach at this point.

Kiffin was a great coach who didn't have his heart at UT. Could have really had something here had he stayed.

This nails it. I think a lot of people are forgetting just how dreadful Dooley was - his last season was the only time I ever actively rooted for UT to lose in hope of his being fired.

Jones was in way over his head at this level, and Pruitt at this point looks like a guy who should stay as a coordinator. Kiffin was and is a good coach, and shouldn't even be on this list. He's the one legit coach of the bunch, and had he stayed it may well have been a different story, as his one year here was my favorite among any season since Fulmer was fired.

It's just beyond comprehension that three consecutive hires could be this god-awful, to the point of this once highly respected program becoming a conference doormat. How much more of this before there is finally a complete reset, and a legitimate AD is brought in to straighten the mess out, if ever?

Last edited:
Reactions: zaqhhh and 4chrissy
Pruitt is the worst.

Derek Dooley at least was somewhat of an offensive mind and like able guy.

Butch was a snake oil salesman until players stopped buying into what he was selling.

Reactions: VolAllen and Jaws
Kiffin is the best of the 4 listed, but he’s actually not all that great either. Charismatic and leads great offenses, but always seems to lose 4-6 games a year.

Dooley fielded some bad ass offenses that I absolutely feared. The Tyler Bray, Justin Hunter, C Patterson offenses were awesome!

Butch Jones was winning 9 games and kicking Florida’s ass by this point in his career.

Pruitt. Nothing. Nothing at all. Easily the worst of the four at this point.

Kiffin is the best of the 4 listed, but he’s actually not all that great either. Charismatic and leads great offenses, but always seems to lose 4-6 games a year.

Dooley fielded some bad ass offenses that I absolutely feared. The Tyler Bray, Justin Hunter, C Patterson offenses were awesome!

Butch Jones was winning 9 games and kicking Florida’s ass by this point in his career.

Pruitt. Nothing. Nothing at all. Easily the worst of the four at this point.
Butch beat Florida once during the cycle of their worst years. I wouldn’t call it kicking their ass. But he’s def better than Dooley and Pruitt

Last edited:
Reactions: VolAllen
I voted Lyle. Only because, once Dobbs and Kamara left. He was finally exposed for being as bad of a HC as he truly was.

Dobbs and the athleticism he brought to the field consistently bailed out Lyle and his coaching. When that was gone, it derailed quickly.

I believe an athletic QB like Dobbs leading our Offense for Pruitt would also make him look competent as a HC. He just didn’t start with that luxury on roster out of the gate like Lyle did...

Just my opinion though...

Reactions: Volsonyourface
Dooley, he took a recruiting class without o linemen.

That will always stand out as the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen.

Jones was more of a letdown/meltdown and annoying with the brick by brick.

Pruitt just seems like a bad coach at this point.

Kiffin was a great coach who didn't have his heart at UT. Could have really had something here had he stayed.
I get tired of hearing Dooley had a class without an offensive lineman. The O line Butch inherited had 4 NFL players. The ineptitude of Pruitt has not been matched. What kind of CEO is he? He cannot complete a grammatically correct sentence. He is the worst. And don’t discount Butch because he had Kamara and Dobbs. He signed both of them and that is part of being a coach.

Dooley without an doubt. We still had talent when he took over. And were worse than we are now.

Dooley didn't care after the second season. He quit and it showed. When he cared, he was better than Pruitt as far as coaching. Pruitt may be able to recruit, but that will turn downhill with the mounting losses.

Has to be Dooley. We never had a talented roster under Dooley (not to say we had no talented players). Butch and Pruitt both were at least capable enough to create SEC worthy rosters.

It's sad how similar Butch and Pruitt are, actually. In terms of the overall package.

Simple fact, pruitt walked into a massive mess left by all previous coaches listed....thsts a massive fact noone wants to see.

Wait.......didn’t Butch walk into a mess of someone else’s making?

How about Doofy? Surely he didn’t create the mess that he walked into.......right?

Everyone “can see it” however talent has increased.......the gap hasn’t.

He has had 12 blowout losses in 32 total games. He has a losing record. He got smacked by Kentucky and Arkansas.......the same Arkansas team that has a first year coach........the same Arkansas team that lost EVERY SINGLE SEC game the prior two years.

Turnarounds......can be done......Pruitt isn’t doing that.

Reactions: VolAllen
Butch is still the worst for me since he was (crazily) the biggest name of the three and the one with a successful HC record. He squandered talent.

Kiffin was the best of the group. He just got a better offer.

Dooley was someone pretending to be a coach but was interesting at times.

Pruitt has no redeeming qualities but not sure why we expected he would be a great coach (or even an acceptable one).

Recency bias in full effect.

Dooley was worse than Pruitt.

Yeah, Dooley was the worst by far. Pruitt already has more than twice as many SEC wins as Dooley. And almost all of Dooley's SEC wins came in the 1st year.

Pruitt has been mediocre, but has recruited very well, and built the program back up. Dooley was just a trainwreck. If he hadn't inherited Chaney from Kiffin, completely plausible that Dooley would've been 1-11 in his final season.

I think Butch is overrated a bit (if that's possible). He owes much to Josh Dobbs.

VN Store

Back