Who is the top competition?

I was mildly impressed with Arkansas' win at Auburn. They have some nice offensive pieces and kept Auburn at bay, even though one of their Senior starters went down.

I'll be real interested to see how the Mizzou vs Arkansas game goes this Saturday. We play them after Alabama as well.
That will be a better test, Auburn isn’t a quality team, Arkansas beating them doesn’t impress me much.

TN is a different caliber team than any SEC team this year. We are a top 4, probably top 3 team right now. Zags will be stay #1 all year and likely not drop a game because their schedule hits easy street. Kansas is overrated right now, but that young talent will hit a new gear come March and Baylor is a strong squad.

Agree. There are a couple of Top Tier teams , one or two good to really good teams, and then the rest are going to fight and claw for the 4-14 positions.

Was looking forward to the TN vs Florida matchups this year but Keyontae going out changed the perplexion of that game significantly.

Also...Is it me, or does it seem every time TN is primed to dominate th SEC, there is another SEC team that inexplicably goes on a conference tear and knocks TN down a notch?
I am in a state of perplexion due to your use of the word perplexion.

Reactions: PandamoniumReigns
I could see us struggling with Lsu. They have some serious size which could really hurt us on the boards. Last year it felt like they killed us, but I just checked and we actually outrebounded them by 1 which is a little surprising.

It also seems like javonte smart always goes off on us. Pretty sure that guy is on the all John Petty team for guys that have played 12 years of college basketball.

I could see us struggling with Lsu. They have some serious size which could really hurt us on the boards. Last year it felt like they killed us, but I just checked and we actually outrebounded them by 1 which is a little surprising.

It also seems like javonte smart always goes off on us. Pretty sure that guy is on the all John Petty team for guys that have played 12 years of college basketball.
He was in diapers when Fulky got here

Apparently, that freshman for LSU is a can't miss, one and done. Cameron Thomas is his name, and he is scoring like 24 points a game. LSU is the only team in the SEC that can challenge UT, imo.

Apparently, that freshman for LSU is a can't miss, one and done. Cameron Thomas is his name, and he is scoring like 24 points a game. LSU is the only team in the SEC that can challenge UT, imo.
I’ll bet we hold him at least 5 under his average

Reactions: The Dog

This isn’t a deep team. They consistently get 3 guys over 30 minutes. We should be able to tire them out. A flurry of fouls would benefit us as well. I don’t think Cam Thomas will be our biggest concern either. They feed Watford and that could be an issue if Fulkerson gets in foul trouble. He doesn’t appear to be a shot blocker though

Cam Thomas will shoot LSU out of games this year . He shoots so much . I think Tennessee will put enough pressure on him and not let him go off .

Reactions: The Dog
I was wondering. Will we see in good zone defenses in the SEC this year? That could be a valuable experience for this team heading into the NCAAs.

Anybody remember the song Basketball Jones?

Some of the greatest musicians in the world played on it. The guitar is very recognizable as George Harrison. Klaus Voorman is possibly the greatest bass player that nobody has ever heard of. Billy Preston. Michelle Phillips. Carol King. Tom Scott (The Blues Brothers). The Blossoms. Ronnie Spector (Phil’s ex). Nicky Hopkins (the Rolling Stones, The Who). Jim Keltner. Slide Hyde. Lou Adler was the producer and was the reason that that band was put together. I’ve never heard Basilio mention any of this and I wonder if he has a clue about the lineup.

Reactions: The Dog and Noggin
Some of the greatest musicians in the world played on it. The guitar is very recognizable as George Harrison. Klaus Voorman is possibly the greatest bass player that nobody has ever heard of. Billy Preston. Michelle Phillips. Carol King. Tom Scott (The Blues Brothers). The Blossoms. Ronnie Spector (Phil’s ex). Nicky Hopkins (the Rolling Stones, The Who). Jim Keltner. Slide Hyde. Lou Adler was the producer and was the reason that that band was put together. I’ve never heard Basilio mention any of this and I wonder if he has a clue about the lineup.
Turn on Basilio post game as soon as Vols go final, he begins the show by playing it, or he had been anyway

Reactions: cardvolfan
Turn on Basilio post game as soon as Vols go final, he begins the show by playing it, or he had been anyway

I have it on Spotify. It’s a great song. Cheech’s falsetto makes it sound silly, but it’s still an amazing group. I need help ladies and gentlemens.

Basketball Jones, I got a Basketball Jones
Got a Basketball Jones, oh baby, oo-oo-ooo
Yes, I am the victim of a Basketball Jones
Ever since I was a little baby, I always be dribblin'
In fac', I was de baddest dribbler in the whole neighborhood
Then one day, my mama bought me a basketball
And I loved that basketball
I took that basketball with me everywhere I went
That basketball was like a basketball to me
I even put that basketball underneath my pillow
Maybe that's why I can't sleep at night
I need help, ladies and gentlemen's
I need someone to stand beside me
I need, I need someone to set a pick for me at the free-throw line of life
Someone I can pass to
Someone to hit the open man on the give-and-go
And not end up in the popcorn machine
So cheerleaders, help me out
{cheerleaders sing repeatedly...}
(Basketball Jones, I got a Basketball Jones)
(I got a Basketball Jones, oh baby, oo-oo-ooo)
{while Tyrone Shoelaces sings/speaks...}
Oh, that sounds so sweet
Sing it out
see'mon Coach Booty, Red Blazer, sing along with me
That be bad, honky
Yeah
I want everybody in the whole stadium to stand up and sing with us
Oh yeah, sing it out like you're proud
All right, everybody watchin' coast-to-coast, sing along with us
Bill Russell, sing along with us
Chick Hearn, sing along with us
Chris Schenkel, don't sing nothin'
Oh, it feels so good
Gimme the ball
I'll go one-on-one against the world, left-handed
I could stuff it from center court with my toes
I could jump on top of the backboard, take off a quarter, leave fifteen cents change I
could, I could dribble behind my back I got more moves than Ex-Lax I'm bad I could
dribble with my tongue Here I go down court, try to stop me You can't stop me 'cause I
got a Basketball Jones Here I come That's my hook shot with my eyebrow Yeah, I could
dunk it with my nose I'm, I'm bad as King Kong, gimme the ball I'm hot, I'm hot as...,
I'm hot as..., I'm hot as... uh Uh, uh, uh, uh
(Basketball Jones, I got a Basketball Jones, I got a Basketball Jones, Basketball Jones)
(Basketball Jones, I got a Basketball Jones, I got a Basketball Jones, Basketball Jones)
{fade}

Reactions: The Dog and Noggin
I have it on Spotify. It’s a great song. Cheech’s falsetto makes it sound silly, but it’s still an amazing group. I need help ladies and gentlemens.

Basketball Jones, I got a Basketball Jones
Got a Basketball Jones, oh baby, oo-oo-ooo
Yes, I am the victim of a Basketball Jones
Ever since I was a little baby, I always be dribblin'
In fac', I was de baddest dribbler in the whole neighborhood
Then one day, my mama bought me a basketball
And I loved that basketball
I took that basketball with me everywhere I went
That basketball was like a basketball to me
I even put that basketball underneath my pillow
Maybe that's why I can't sleep at night
I need help, ladies and gentlemen's
I need someone to stand beside me
I need, I need someone to set a pick for me at the free-throw line of life
Someone I can pass to
Someone to hit the open man on the give-and-go
And not end up in the popcorn machine
So cheerleaders, help me out
{cheerleaders sing repeatedly...}
(Basketball Jones, I got a Basketball Jones)
(I got a Basketball Jones, oh baby, oo-oo-ooo)
{while Tyrone Shoelaces sings/speaks...}
Oh, that sounds so sweet
Sing it out
see'mon Coach Booty, Red Blazer, sing along with me
That be bad, honky
Yeah
I want everybody in the whole stadium to stand up and sing with us
Oh yeah, sing it out like you're proud
All right, everybody watchin' coast-to-coast, sing along with us
Bill Russell, sing along with us
Chick Hearn, sing along with us
Chris Schenkel, don't sing nothin'
Oh, it feels so good
Gimme the ball
I'll go one-on-one against the world, left-handed
I could stuff it from center court with my toes
I could jump on top of the backboard, take off a quarter, leave fifteen cents change I
could, I could dribble behind my back I got more moves than Ex-Lax I'm bad I could
dribble with my tongue Here I go down court, try to stop me You can't stop me 'cause I
got a Basketball Jones Here I come That's my hook shot with my eyebrow Yeah, I could
dunk it with my nose I'm, I'm bad as King Kong, gimme the ball I'm hot, I'm hot as...,
I'm hot as..., I'm hot as... uh Uh, uh, uh, uh
{fade}
Hey TGO, can you sing that for us and put it on YouTube?

Damn, that is a strong line-up and no, I haven't heard of all of them, but the ones I do know, are impressive. TGO bringing the music knowledge

Carole King's Idaho Kingdom, Stanley, Idaho | Leading Estates of the World

Carol King used to live a few minutes down the road from me here in Idaho. She got a public road closed off and gated so people couldn't drive near her property. Really endeared herself with the locals lol.

VN Store

Back