Who is the top competition?

No replay on the travel...of course. WVU down three, at the 11_30. Here again, I want to root for WVU, but the Vols need a Kansas "W".
Lotta pace in this one so far...
McNeil en fuego...nails the bank three to end the half. WVU up 36-35.

Last edited:
Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
I’d predict something like
Tennessee
Arkansas
LSU
Ole Miss
Mizzou
Alabama
Florida
Kentucky
Texas AM
South Carolina
Auburn
Georgia
Vanderbilt
MS State

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Agree. But, I think since K. Johnson is out for the season, LSU will end up finishing 2nd behind the Vols. Unless the light clicks on for Kentucky once the SEC season starts
That may be so. I’m a huge fan of Musselman at Arkansas so that’s why I’m giving them the benefit of the doubt

LSU still has a ton of talent. Ole Miss may be better than expected.

I’m not going to get too high on Arkansas until the competition steps up, haven’t even played a game on the road yet. But I suppose being 8-0 is better than losing to a mid-major somewhere in there. @ Auburn next week should tell a lot about both teams.

Mizzou is wicked bad offensively.......

They shoot pretty good, their 3 pt shooting is bad. They turn it over as much as they assist. Their O rebounding is bad......and they don’t score a ton......they also give up 65 per.......while not a ton, it ain’t great either.

I don’t see how their 6-0 after playing 2 ranked teams.

Reactions: cardvolfan
What type of team scares you the most? I know many have mentioned our post play but I’m not sure how many opposing SEC teams are trotting out 2-3 elite big men? I think a prolific 3pt shooting team is what I’m most curious to see us against, we do give up some outside looks (partially by design), I’m not sure how we fare against that, nobody we’ve played yet is considered even an above average team from 3. Arkansas & LSU are both very good teams from deep, I will be curious how we do against those 2.

How many points is Vegas "giving" for home court advantage this season? Anyone seen stats on that? I'm curious to see what "playing on the road" means under social distancing rules.

For our freshman these will naturally be their first encounters shooting in these arenas. The hostile but limited crowds might be closer to high school environment. But with the socially distanced bench arrangement, there won't be that tight "us" feeling during the game. Guys on the bench will be hearing stuff from the crowd as isolated individuals, not as a shoulder-to-shoulder team.

I imagine that, though total crowd volume is less, that allows loud, classless individuals to be more effective. Are there new rules about harrassing individual players on the "bench" alongside the court?

Last edited:
You really think UK can pull it together? Dismissing (kinda) someone that only got 2 minutes in a loss for bitchassedness may be what they needed.

Normally I'd be all doom and gloom but I see the positives. We played a couple good team close. It seems we really suck in the 2nd half of games outside that weird Notre Dame game. Richmond, Kansas, and UNC games we had leads at half or deep in the 2nd and found a way to lose.

Every single player is new and I guess it makes sense that players are upset with the situation. Limitations from covid protocols no doubt hurts younger and newer teams more. Less time to settle in and figure out stuff.

Meanwhile the Vols look dangerous.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
What type of team scares you the most? I know many have mentioned our post play but I’m not sure how many opposing SEC teams are trotting out 2-3 elite big men? I think a prolific 3pt shooting team is what I’m most curious to see us against, we do give up some outside looks (partially by design), I’m not sure how we fare against that, nobody we’ve played yet is considered even an above average team from 3. Arkansas & LSU are both very good teams from deep, I will be curious how we do against those 2.
Good 3 pt shooting teams and teams that play really good defense. Other teams bigs don’t concern me as much because there just aren’t that many good ones out there anymore. Imo
Obviously there are some, I probably should have said not as many as some years

One with excellent free throw shooters on nights when the refs can’t stop blowing their whistles. Especially if they can get Fulk into foul trouble.

VN Store

Back