Who in here married a woman or knows someone who married a woman who’s sole purpose was to have a child and never work again?

If a homemaker were to perform the same sorts of tasks she performs at home, but in someone else's house and for pay, she'd be regarded as "working," as contributing to "the economy." If she and another homemaker were to pay one another each to perform the other's work, the economists would record their labors as "an increase in productivity" and "an expansion of the labor force." As it is, while she exhausts herself raising virtuous, educated, and industrious children (our nation's future), she is widely regarded as a parasite.
???

Ummmmm well she sits on her ass all day and spends money. She claims she works on the house all day. I mean how many times a day does the house need cleaned? She doesn’t cook and she doesn’t do any yard work. She’s also getting fatter by the day. This isn’t the 20’s anymore. She’s lazy. Get off your ass and help provide for the family. Ya got a baby sitter for at least 8 hours a day. That’s school. So she has time to at least work a part time job.
Oh, so the kids are in school, too? And still doesn't cook or clean?

You buddy is in a bad situation.

Reactions: tbh
Child care is crazy high. It was 20 years ago. I can't imagine how expensive it is today .
IMO, if a woman makes less than $40k/year and has even one child, muchless 2 or more, she would be better off staying home and raising the kids when you price child care, gas/maintenance costs, and just the time that could have been spent keeping up a home.

Marry a woman you grow to hate with a passion.
Divorce, give her half of all you have,
Repeat two or three more times.
When you get too old to work you can live in a van down by the river.
You still have f*** trophies that you have not seen since the child support ended. So, there is that.
Any young man that marries is a fool. Why take such a risk with the deck so stacked against you.
Any young man that falls for the start a family bs is a bigger fool.
It is always cheaper to rent a woman than to put a ring on one.
If you disagree , take a bag of burgers down to the boat ramp and ask around.
The old guys are hungry and will explain it better than I can.
Marriage wasn't always like this...

IMO, if a woman makes less than $40k/year and has even one child, muchless 2 or more, she would be better off staying home and raising the kids when you price child care, gas/maintenance costs, and just the time that could have been spent keeping up a home.

Agree

Formulate a question, and I'll attempt to answer it.
I think I understood where you were going with the clever GDP angle you were illustrating with two wives being paid to clean the others home, but you threw me off at the end...

As it is, while she exhausts herself raising virtuous, educated, and industrious children (our nation's future), she is widely regarded as a parasite.

Who considers them (typically) to be parasites? The situation with the OPs friend is a situation that sounds like a one sided affair in the wife's favor, but outside of those cases, most homemakers do raise their children and take care of their homes as expected. Maybe feminists consider them parasites? Or maybe just lacking ambition?

Just trying to figure out who you think is shaming stay at home moms.

Reactions: DuckInAPen
A friend of mines wife got knocked up as soon as she could. We all saw it coming. She convinced him it’s best to be a stay at home mother even though he struggled with making ends meet. She promised him as soon as the kid could go to school she’d get a job. Well several years later she hasn’t got a job. He started to talk about Separation and Bam!!! She’s pregnant again. She just delayed going back to work to help. Here’s a word of advice. If your wife says she’ll get a job after she has your child and never goes back to work and uses the excuse of “who’s going to take care of the house?!?” Leave her. The kid is in school for 8 hours a day!!! Wtf could she possible doing!!!??? She’s a bum. Anyone else know someone like this?!?

Tell your buddy congrats on the sex

I think I understood where you were going with the clever GDP angle you were illustrating with two wives being paid to clean the others home, but you threw me off at the end...

Who considers them (typically) to be parasites? The situation with the OPs friend is a situation that sounds like a one sided affair in the wife's favor, but outside of those cases, most homemakers do raise their children and take care of their homes as expected. Maybe feminists consider them parasites? Or maybe just lacking ambition?

Just trying to figure out who you think is shaming stay at home moms.

The woman depicted by the OP (I'll deal here only with his depiction, leaving aside the question of whether he has accurately depicted his friend's wife) is derelict in at least some important duties of a homemaker. The OP, however, does not criticize her, in the first place, for being a poor homemaker, but for aspiring to be a homemaker at all. As the husband of a homemaker, I've often enough encountered attitudes on a spectrum with the OP's (they're widespread, even if they don't reflect a majority view -- I'll try to offer more concrete examples later, when I've got more time). Perhaps I've used too inflammatory a word -- perhaps, rather than "parasite," read "someone who doesn't pull her own weight."

It's furthermore the case (though I'd have to go into the details at a later time) that the thumb of government policy presses firmly on the scales in favor of mothers seeking employment outside the home (a legal embodiment of the attitudes to which I refer above).

All it takes is for one party to ruin a marriage. One side could indeed come in with the right intentions. That doesn't mean the other side is going to live up to their end of the deal.

You make a fair point. I don't deny that what you describe above happens with a lamentable frequency. Still, for those who do their due diligence, marriage is a far, far safer proposition than tntater would have us believe (I will concede that the guidance and structures that aid the performance of such due diligence have been greatly attenuated in our own day).

A friend of mines wife got knocked up as soon as she could. We all saw it coming. She convinced him it’s best to be a stay at home mother even though he struggled with making ends meet. She promised him as soon as the kid could go to school she’d get a job. Well several years later she hasn’t got a job. He started to talk about Separation and Bam!!! She’s pregnant again. She just delayed going back to work to help. Here’s a word of advice. If your wife says she’ll get a job after she has your child and never goes back to work and uses the excuse of “who’s going to take care of the house?!?” Leave her. The kid is in school for 8 hours a day!!! Wtf could she possible doing!!!??? She’s a bum. Anyone else know someone like this?!?
have you ever watched kids at home solo? Ill just assume not.

my wife does, it's a tough job. glad she can do it.

Never tell another man how to drink his whiskey or live his life.

Has she got him chained to the bed? Does he have two legs he can walk with?

If he's able, he can pour his own drinks and walk away from his own problems. If he doesn't, it is not on her....... it's on him.

Reactions: Carl Pickens
If a homemaker were to perform the same sorts of tasks she performs at home, but in someone else's house and for pay, she'd be regarded as "working," as contributing to "the economy." If she and another homemaker were to pay one another each to perform the other's work, the economists would record their labors as "an increase in productivity" and "an expansion of the labor force." As it is, while she exhausts herself raising virtuous, educated, and industrious children (our nation's future), she is widely regarded as a parasite.
Regarded as a parasite by whom? Edit: never mind, now I see it's been answered

Reactions: DuckInAPen
Never tell another man how to drink his whiskey or live his life.

Has she got him chained to the bed? Does he have two legs he can walk with?

If he's able, he can pour his own drinks and walk away from his own problems. If he doesn't, it is not on her....... it's on him.
This is a stupid response. Walking out on the family isn’t an option. When the kid turns 18, well……that may be an option.

I know many single mothers with more than one child that went back to work after having their kid asap. And not live off any government assistance. Whatever she had to do to take care and provide for her children she did and continues. She’s a nurse too! 12 hour work days.

Yes. Yes I have. It’s not very difficult. It was fun actually.
All day? Solo? Round the clock? Morning. Noon. Night.

How bout once school starts? If so, kudos. But easy isnt the word id use to describe it. Fun, yes. But, parenting isnt some 'fun uncle' experience.

Grow up. Tell your friend to nut up. Divorce is the pussies way out.

I know many single mothers with more than one child that went back to work after having their kid asap. And not live off any government assistance. Whatever she had to do to take care and provide for her children she did and continues. She’s a nurse too! 12 hour work days.

A lot of folks have and practice marketable skill for whatever reason, meeting human needs. Nurses obviously being an example. A lot of folks are deliberately incapable or just refuse to do anything to meet other people's needs. If you plan to live a skill-free life, you are going to have to play victim, and it's not really an unpopular career path. People do underestimate the benefits of shaming in our postmodernist world. If everybody is a high maintenance toxic narcissist, you're not going to have a very nice time living in that society.

VN Store

Back