Who Better than Coach Fulmer to pull VolNation together

I just read this whole thread and the only thing I learned is that people are still in denial about Fulmer's last 6 seasons and some folks want to wipe their butts with velcro.

Reactions: TNvolsFanCrook22
So he’s had 13 solid years left in him according to you. How come no programs have thrown big money at him to come on board? He should be on a sideline somewhere right now according to you. Not destroying the football program as AD.
Having thrown big money......or any money as far as I know. But then what do I know? I'm just a UT grad you used to love what I call Vol football. What we've seen lately is not UT football.

...isn’t that exactly what CPF was hired three years ago to do...

70yo, hasn't coached in a decade, and his real prime was over 2 decades ago....... what could possibly go wrong?

I've got a better idea: let's move on past the "Glory Days. He got us a Natty!" and name the turf "Fulmer Field" and find him a nice cabin in Winchester to enjoy his retirement.
It’s already Shields-Watkins Field.

Think of all the VFL’s that would have his back...think of the coaches that would wanna work for a HOF coach. All former players would be on board. I am hoping Fulmer takes the job
forgot the blue font,,,,don't you remember his last few years? and no way in hell he coaches again

This would be like getting remarried to your ex spouse who already destroyed your life once but now that you're friends you think things will be different.

They won't be.
I watched CPH go from the top to slide into mediocrity in his last years. No way do I want him going up the best coaches in the SEC. He would be eaten alive.

Having thrown big money......or any money as far as I know. But then what do I know? I'm just a UT grad you used to love what I call Vol football. What we've seen lately is not UT football.
I’m a UT grad too. Fulmer’s last staff coaching hire was the worst decision he made his whole career. He could have hired Mike DeBord fresh off of beating Urban Meyer’s ass. Using a similar roster at Michigan that we currently had at UT then...ironically having worked with Manning and Tom Moore the prior off season before studying their concepts.
Which now leads to this football coaching hire he has made. Why should anyone have faith in him to coach let alone hire one at this point?

Reactions: lefthander
If we're going old and washed up let's at least get Spurrier. Maybe he can get us back to "you can't spell Citrus without U T" status.

Reactions: tntar heel

VN Store

Back