Who Better than Coach Fulmer to pull VolNation together

Think of all the VFL’s that would have his back...think of the coaches that would wanna work for a HOF coach. All former players would be on board. I am hoping Fulmer takes the job
CPF will be in glorious retirement in the near future, the perfect status for him to help UT.

This would be like getting remarried to your ex spouse who already destroyed your life once but now that you're friends you think things will be different.

They won't be.

I think that's exactly what hiring Kiffin again would be every time someone fantacises about it here.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
Fulmer should have never been fired to begin with. I don’t care how long he’s been out of coaching , I think he could still get the job done. Mack Brown has done a nice job at North Carolina. Look at what Bill Snyder done at Kansas State, his second time around. If Pruitt is fired, I have no doubt that Fulmer could get it done. He’s got at least 5 years of coaching left in him.
The big difference between those coaches and Fulmer is the ability to adapt to todays game...Fulmer kept trying to play the same old style he did for years and the game pasted him by and in todays game he would be a deer in the headlights...He also got very lazy in recruiting down the stretch and it was he himself that everybody should be happy with 8-4...No thank you, I want someone with that eye of the tiger...He doesn't have it and never will again.

Think of all the VFL’s that would have his back...think of the coaches that would wanna work for a HOF coach. All former players would be on board. I am hoping Fulmer takes the job
Honestly, if we get a bowl ban next year. We go the interim route for a year...I honestly wouldn’t mind it. If we gonna be terrible in a pointless year anyway, might as well.

Reactions: TNvolsFanCrook22
List of candidates:
1-Not Phil Fulmer
2-A MAC/AAC up and comer (You will need Google)
3-A current SEC Coordinator/Position Coach (Still probably need Google)
4- Nuclear option- Greg Shiano

Fan choices- Hugh Freeze, Jamey Chadwell, Luke Fickell, etc. (Never expect any of these)
You left out Jon Gruden :p

It’s weird how you can sometimes see the world so different from other people. Here I am feeling like fulmer has divided the program as much as anyone one individual I can recall. He’s 1000% the reason we’re in this mess. 1000%. He hired a coach with absolutely no business being a head coach in the sec. We all recognized that the first time he opened his mouth. But we tied to buy in because we had no choice. Then fulmer gave him an insane contract extension with maybe the most ridiculously overpriced buyout amount I’ve ever heard of. Sure there have been big ones in the past with guys like malzahn...but all those others had proven themselves and the buyouts were to keep other schools from hiring them away.
I hope fulmer is handed his walking papers ASAP and that he is never allowed to be involved in another tn decision for the rest of his life.

Last edited:
It’s weird how you can sometimes see the world so different from other people. Here I am feeling like fulmer has divided the program as much as anyone one individual I can recall. He’s 1000% the reason we’re in this mess. 1000%.

...and I stopped reading here.

Reactions: FLAVOLS
I agree. Firing Fulmer was a mistake. After one losing season they fired him. And we’ve been a ****show since.

VN Store

Back