White supremacist mows down mosque in NZ

So since this guy was an eco-fascist I guess we can blame Al Gore, AOC and all the others for his actions...
From what I've heard on NPR, dude hates both the right and left in our politics, per his manifesto. Something about fomenting hatred in civil discourse. I'm not reading his garbage, so I might be mistaken.
The Reddit threads about this are depressing. Basically New Zealanders freaking out since this is their first mass shooting/terrorist attack in 30 years, and a bunch of Americans consoling them since we are so used to it. The world can be a really ****** place.

From what I've heard on NPR, dude hates both the right and left in our politics, per his manifesto. Something about fomenting hatred in civil discourse. I'm not reading his garbage, so I might be mistaken.
The Reddit threads about this are depressing. Basically New Zealanders freaking out since this is their first mass shooting/terrorist attack in 30 years, and a bunch of Americans consoling them since we are so used to it. The world can be a really ****** place.

I think that's the message the Nationalists want to get across.

Read through that link I posted on eco-fascism; it's a crazy mix of ideologies but apparently he's not alone in embracing it.

I can't even imagine what NZ is experiencing.

It's Satan's world and will always be that kind of place.

Read through that link I posted on eco-fascism; it's a crazy mix of ideologies but apparently he's not alone in embracing it.

I can't even imagine what NZ is experiencing.
I'll check it out when I've got some time. I'm not really familiar with it at all.

Any hardcore YouTubers here? I've seen from just my small amount of uploads that YouTube apparently scans the videos looking for content. I uploaded a song I played and it flagged it as possibly being under copyright.

So it seems if YouTube's computers can do that, it should be able to spot the shooting video, right? It's not like they need a bunch of employees searching to find and delete the video.

If you two believe it’s appropriate to equate an entire religion with their bad actors, I’d appreciate it if you would justify why I should not treat you as equivalent to your ideology’s lowest common denominator (the ones who just killed 49 people).
You know for a fact he was a Christian?

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
If you two believe it’s appropriate to equate an entire religion with their bad actors, I’d appreciate it if you would justify why I should not treat you as equivalent to your ideology’s lowest common denominator (the ones who just killed 49 people).

Old testament has its fair share of extreme violence in God's name. However, it can always be contradicted by the new testament and its superseding of the old testament. Thus, extreme violence is not legitimized by literal interpretations of these old testament readings. There ars no such contradictory logics in the Koran or Hadith.

I'll check it out when I've got some time. I'm not really familiar with it at all.

I'd never heard of it but it's a thing apparently. Weird mix of ideologies (worker's rights, environmentalism, anti-imperialism, racial purity, fair markets?, and some others I don't remember) some eugenics thrown in for good measure.

I don't think that guy was Christian. The stats are heavily on the Muslim terrorist side.
I was going with your secular ideology but it’s an adaptable philosophy.

The recent number of clergymen and other Christians involved in acts of pedophilia more than supports a conclusion that there is a fundamental flaw in Christianity that allows child predation.

Why should we not banish all Christians because they might be closeted child rapists?

Reactions: MercyPercy

Any hardcore YouTubers here? I've seen from just my small amount of uploads that YouTube apparently scans the videos looking for content. I uploaded a song I played and it flagged it as possibly being under copyright.

So it seems if YouTube's computers can do that, it should be able to spot the shooting video, right? It's not like they need a bunch of employees searching to find and delete the video.

In the instance of copyright flags, YouTube is using algorithms to match a known digital footprint (the original work that has been copyrighted). I'm not aware of any technology that exists which would spot inappropriate material.

In the instance of copyright flags, YouTube is using algorithms to match a known digital footprint (the original work that has been copyrighted). I'm not aware of any technology that exists which would spot inappropriate material.

What does this mean? I wasn't sure how YouTube could ID the song, since obviously my performance wasn't exactly the same as any other recording.

I've noticed they will flag you for copyright easily but if you put say " I don't own any copyrights, my channel is for promotional purpose only" it seems to leave it alone. Did some DJ mixing for someone in 2009 and youtube kept flagging my upload. Changed my channel description to the wording above and never was messed with again.

What does this mean? I wasn't sure how YouTube could ID the song, since obviously my performance wasn't exactly the same as any other recording.
Oh it was your performance? I see. Missed that part. I'm not sure then.

I find that technology quite interesting though. I'd love to learn more about how all that works. I just know for things like music and more specifically, the CBS Broadcasts of football games, they have a digital footprint they use to match copies and flag it. Thanks to a VA Tech fan, I learned that they start from the beginning of the broadcast and only match like the first five minutes, however. So if you skip the pregame and only post starting at kickoff it's less likely to get removed. That guy taught me a lot. lol.

This may not be the thread for a big divergence on the subject but could not irresponsibly wide prescribing of some of these drugs, which by definition effect brain function, not result in some strong negative outcomes?

It’s certainly possible. My point is merely that the correlation should be expected. People with mental issues treated or untreated should be expected to commit such crimes at a greater rate than the general population. So correlation should be expected.

It’s certainly possible. My point is merely that the correlation should be expected. People with mental issues treated or untreated should be expected to commit such crimes at a greater rate than the general population. So correlation should be expected.

For there to be some degree of correlation I agree and for the reasons you state. I've still become a bit more suspicious since learning how prevalent usage of some of these drugs has become.

Reactions: Vol8188

There was that story a couple weeks ago about the people who screen videos for Facebook and how horrific their job is. I assume it's the same for Youtube, can't be algorithmed

Reactions: Freak

VN Store

Back