Whisky, bourbon or scotch and what's your favorite?

Yea, "whisky." Though why they call theirs "whisky," and not "whiskey" is beyond me.

If I recall correctly, whiskey with the e is whiskey from Ireland. Whisky without the e is whiskey from Scotland. There is an ongoing debate as to which country should be accredited with the creation of whiskey; and there is apparently a difference in the Scottish and Irish methods. And so it seems that Canadians prefer the Scottish method, thus whisky is the name! Or so that is a story I guess to be true!

I am a bourbon guy for the most part. I enjoy George T. Stagg and Blanton's if I am feeling like dropping some coin. I drink Maker's, Knob and Woodford if I want to drop a little less coin. If I want cheaper stuff than that I just don't drink bourbon.

As for other American whiskey's, just give me any of the Jacks. I generally just drink Jack Black as my standby. Is it great? No. Is it bad? Hell no.

I am not much of a Scotch person, but I do enjoy the Balvenie Double Wood 12 year every now and then.

Reactions: volfannbama
Really wanting to try Maker's 46, but just have not felt like spending that much on a 5th yet. Favorite Bourbon would probably be Knob Creek, when I get the chance to spend a lot. Otherwise 4 year old and 7 year old beam work.
Whiskey-Probably Gentleman Jack.
Have not ventured much into scotch yet.

If you're trying to get f'd up, Wild Turkey is for you. Good tasting whiskey for 101 as well

I got a fifth of Wild Turkey for a gift at the workplace Christmas party. A little stout, but not too bad. I prefer Crown, Reserve in particular, but any Crown will do.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

If I recall correctly, whiskey with the e is whiskey from Ireland. Whisky without the e is whiskey from Scotland. There is an ongoing debate as to which country should be accredited with the creation of whiskey; and there is apparently a difference in the Scottish and Irish methods. And so it seems that Canadians prefer the Scottish method, thus whisky is the name! Or so that is a story I guess to be true!

Scots make whisky. Irish make whiskey. The reasoning is phonetic and ingrained in the language, not the grains. :)

I would imagine the Canadians take the non-"e" spelling, (especially after previously adopting the "e," see Canadian Club's history) purely for marketing purposes.

If your major market is loaded with "whiskey," then "whisky" on the label would be "exotic."

I got a fifth of Wild Turkey for a gift at the workplace Christmas party. A little stout, but not too bad. I prefer Crown, Reserve in particular, but any Crown will do.

It is stout for sure. I go with Crown when I want a nice 80 proof whiskey. Very smooth

If you can't stand scotch why spend $250 on JW Blue? Was it a gift?

The first was to finish off my bar as I wanted it complete. The second was a gift. I will probably never open the second and I will probably never finish the first. I have a sweet tooth when it comes to booze and the blue just taste like water with a burn to me.

I'be been drinking more rum lately than anything. I like the 80 proof coconut run from Morgans with diet RC.

The first was to finish off my bar as I wanted it complete. The second was a gift. I will probably never open the second and I will probably never finish the first. I have a sweet tooth when it comes to booze and the blue just taste like water with a burn to me.

I'be been drinking more rum lately than anything. I like the 80 proof coconut run from Morgans with diet RC.

Ah ok I gotcha. If I liked coconuts that would sound pretty good lol.

Speaking of rum, has anyone tried Sailor Jerry? I think it tastes a lot better than Captain Morgan and it doesn't have as much of a vanilla taste when it's mixed.

How's that rum taste with a Moon Pie, everyone knows you can't drink an RC, without eating a moon pie

A little off subject, but; last year our common book at Pellissippi was a book about the coal miners in West Virginia. So on the the day the spoke about the book, they had a people handing out RC colas and moon pies in the quad. Because that was apparently the miners favorite lunches.

A little off subject, but; last year our common book at Pellissippi was a book about the coal miners in West Virginia. So on the the day the spoke about the book, they had a people handing out RC colas and moon pies in the quad. Because that was apparently the miners favorite lunches.

lots of folks favorite snack

The best scotch rarely sees this side of the pond.

I don't think there is such a thing as "the" best whisky/bourbon, just a lot of great ones.

For just kicking back or chilling outside, a crown & coke is tough to beat.

Saw an actual bottle of THE JOHNNY WALKER today. $3500.00 When I say "THE...." I mean he made it himself. There were only 330 of these in the world, some of which, I'm sure, are gone already. Crazy. Also, a. Crystal bottle of Hennessy that was the color of used motor oil- $2500. The guy said the Henn was 100+ yrs old.

Last edited:
The bar at Trump's resort in Cap Cana, DR, has a bottle of Louie XIII Thirteen. Only thirteen bottles were made and consist of a large quantity of 100+ yr old cognac. $500 a shot.

My mom got me a bottle of 12 yo Jameson Irish whiskey she got from the distillery when she was on vacation a few years back. The label and box it came in has my name on it. I really want to save it but has anyone tried it?

My mom got me a bottle of 12 yo Jameson Irish whiskey she got from the distillery when she was on vacation a few years back. The label and box it came in has my name on it. I really want to save it but has anyone tried it?

Keep it. Get another bottle to drink, if you wish to try it.

VN Store

Back