Whisky, bourbon or scotch and what's your favorite?

I have been really disappointed with all of the Beam small batches except Basil, which I love. I'm in the minority, I know. I live in bourbon country, and Makers is the premium, and Knobb Creek and L&G and Woodford are top shelf. All are very highly regarded.

Most bourbon drinkers disagree, but I think fruits and flowers are for scotch. I like charcoal and molasses: Jack, Basil, Pappy.

I agree. Someone gave me a bottle of wr and I'm disappointed every time I drink it. I've gotta try this basil.

Jack Daniels or George Dickel here. If im just looking to get smashed, i'll buy Evan.

Gentelman Jack isn't worth the extra $10 in my opinion. Single Barrel on the other hand is incredible.

Are we talking whiskey used for mixing or whiskey straight up. If it's mixed I'd say Gentleman Jack or CR Black. If straight up, I'd say Johnnie Walker Blue.

I'm not a bourbon man so I can't give an opinion.

I like rum though and like Parrot Bay alot. I drink that straight alot or with just a tad of coke.

Vodka I'd say Grey Goose. Very smooth and no bite.

Re: vodka, use a vodka stick and get some cheap stuff.

If one is not available, Stoli works just fine. No need to shell for vodka, that's for idiots who are at the club four nights a week.

Are we talking whiskey used for mixing or whiskey straight up. If it's mixed I'd say Gentleman Jack or CR Black. If straight up, I'd say Johnnie Walker Blue.

I'm not a bourbon man so I can't give an opinion.

I like rum though and like Parrot Bay alot. I drink that straight alot or with just a tad of coke.

Vodka I'd say Grey Goose. Very smooth and no bite.

All due respect, sounds as though you're a slave for advertising. Owner of Grey Goose admits its popular because of mass marketing campaign.

All due respect, sounds as though you're a slave for advertising. Owner of Grey Goose admits its popular because of mass marketing campaign.

I don't know if I've ever even seen a GG ad. I drink it because someone gave me a bottle once as a thank you and I liked it. I can't tell you about the others because I haven't tried alot. I was given the JW blue as a gift also a few years ago and liked it, so I drink it now. Same with CR Black. I was at my friends cabin and he said you gotta try this and I did and I liked it. I'm more a slave to my taste buds and what I've come across. The parrot bay was at a wedding.

jack-daniels-single-barrel-whiskey.jpg

/\
This

Bump.

Had some of this the other night. I liked it a lot.

I am a whiskey man and drink either Gentleman Jack or CR black depending which is on sale. I can't stand scotch. I have a bottle of JW blue and can't get into it. Just doesn't have any taste to me and feels emotionless if that makes any sense. Knob Creek for Bourbon.

For whiskey I'm a Jack kind of guy with the occasional glass of John Jameson. I don't really like Crown, though. Bourbon, I haven't had anything other than Jim Beam but I didn't like it at all. I want to try some Maker's Mark, but haven't got around to it. I've never had any scotch but I plan on getting a bottle of Johnnie Walker Black soon to give it a try.

Under 21 so it makes trying different whiskies(eys) or bourbons difficult. But I have found out I'm a whiskey kind of guy.

Last edited:
Whiskey hands down. I don't mind bourbon, and you can't beat Jim Beam for the price. I'm a big fan of Crown, Wild Turkey, and Gentleman Jack. I think Gentleman Jack is better than Jack Single Barrel even though it is a grade below it

I've never had gentleman jack, but I've heard nothing but good things about it.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Whiskey hands down. I don't mind bourbon, and you can't beat Jim Beam for the price. I'm a big fan of Crown, Wild Turkey, and Gentleman Jack. I think Gentleman Jack is better than Jack Single Barrel even though it is a grade below it

I wouldn't say Gentleman is necessarily better, but the difference isn't worth a few extra bucks

Is GJ any higher proof than regular Jack? I know single barrel is 94 vs. 80 for a regular bottle.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Scotch: Glenlivet, any year. 12,15,16,18 and 21 are all on my counter.
Bourbon: Wild Turkey
"Whiskey": Canadian Club

If you're trying to get f'd up, Wild Turkey is for you. Good tasting whiskey for 101 as well

VN Store

Back