Whisky, bourbon or scotch and what's your favorite?

With all due respect, you people who are drinking Jack Daniel's and bourbon and thinking it's good whiskey are wasting the few valuable years you have on this earth. Get yourselves into the single-malt Scotch. Not Johnnie Walker, not the Glenlivet, not any of that touristy-crap. The real stuff. You guys are spending your whole lives nailing fat chicks when there's a room full of Russian models right next door.

Agree to disagree

Reactions: volfannbama
VG's on the money.

Good Irish and Scottish single malts are better than any brown alcohol that has ever been produced in the United States. This isn't an opinion, its a fact.

The answer is Scotch whisky.

I don't like it.

You just cannot go wrong with Maker's Mark. Ever.

I don't like it.

VG's on the money.

Good Irish and Scottish single malts are better than any brown alcohol that has ever been produced in the United States. This isn't an opinion, its a fact.

I have had the opportunity to try some very high end examples of both. I don't like them as well.

I like the smoky richness of good bourbon. I like the toasted sweetness. At the top end, bourbons may not have the complexity of tastes that fine scotch can, but that isn't what I'm looking for in a glass of whiskey. I want smooth caramel goodness with the slight memory of a tobacco barn somewhere between Bardstown and Lynchburg.

Got some Joshua Brook cheap stuff at the liquor store. Anyone even heard of it?

Guy was pimping it hard. Maybe a little too hard.

Tried KY Tavern tonight. Horrible. Old Crow and old Fitzgerald not too bad.

I like the smoky richness of good bourbon. I like the toasted sweetness. At the top end, bourbons may not have the complexity of tastes that fine scotch can, but that isn't what I'm looking for in a glass of whiskey. I want smooth caramel goodness with the slight memory of a tobacco barn somewhere between Bardstown and Lynchburg.

Do you drink tequila? A well made tequila is every bit as good as a fine bourbon. A lot more labor intensive to make but worth the effort.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Do you drink tequila? A well made tequila is every bit as good as a fine bourbon. A lot more labor intensive to make but worth the effort.

Yes, I have drunk tequilas that encompass the entire spectrum. Although there is a significant difference from top to bottom, I consider them all to be varying degrees of bad.

Yes, I have drunk tequilas that encompass the entire spectrum. Although there is a significant difference from top to bottom, I consider them all to be varying degrees of bad.

If you get a chance try some small batch aged in French Bordeaux. You'll like that I promise.

personally i love makers mark, but haven't found their more premium stuff to be much superior. or at least not compared to johnny walker or jack daniels.

It was good. I have no idea what its cost is compared to just Maker's Mark. They use seared french oak staves that they put in the barrel. Gives it a little different flavor, but still has the sweet taste Maker's is known for. Sits at 94 proof, too.

VG's on the money.

Don't like scotch. I prefer to smell firewood, not drink it.
Same reason I don't like Gin. Christmas trees are for looking at, not drinking.

Talisker 18. I also like The Glenlivet and Johnnie Walker... so I guess that means I'm an uncultured swine to some other haughty folks in here.

Well I was gonna go a night without a drink but reading this thread has me going through my cabinet. Jamison special reserve or glenmorangie 10?

Blend / Canadian: Crown Royal
Bourbon: Woodford Reserve
Scotch: Bowmore & Chivas

Just picked up a 3 bottle Glenlivet set @ Costco for $100! Has a 12, 15, and an 18 year......I'm celebrating a big win in style tonight!

Last edited:
If my plan works out, bourbon, whisky, and whiskey tasting in Circle Park tailgate area before the Ole Miss game. I know it's a noon kick, but it'll be 5 o'clock somewhere.

VN Store

Back