Whisky, bourbon or scotch and what's your favorite?

Agreed. I'm pro capitalism. And it's a hobby. It's just law of diminishing returns for me.
I agree with all you have said. I have overpaid for an EC18 before as it’s my favorite bourbon. The coolness of having a pappys (if I had a chance at a bottle) would be neat just to say I have . I would love to get my hands on a birthday bourbon or GTS. Both are amazing and very hard to find.

Reactions: OrangeBoro
I agree with all you have said. I have overpaid for an EC18 before as it’s my favorite bourbon. The coolness of having a pappys (if I had a chance at a bottle) would be neat just to say I have . I would love to get my hands on a birthday bourbon or GTS. Both are amazing and very hard to find.
I got a 10 this past Christmas, definitely overpaid and I’m good with that

I meant Pappy 10 sorry for the confusion. The EC is the only EC I’ve met had. I have the toasted, barrel proof and single barrel
Got it. I’ve had a few pappys and overpaid heavily just to get two fingers worth. I think it was cool to say ivd had i but not worth the price. I have found some really good stuff for much better pricing. Buffalo trace is my go to drinker but it’s getting hard to find.

Got it. I’ve had a few pappys and overpaid heavily just to get two fingers worth. I think it was cool to say ivd had i but not worth the price. I have found some really good stuff for much better pricing. Buffalo trace is my go to drinker but it’s getting hard to find.
I remember just like 1-2 years ago I could walk into any liquor store and BT would be 20 deep on the shelves. Now it’s damn near allocated

Reactions: 95 Vol Alum
I remember just like 1-2 years ago I could walk into any liquor store and BT would be 20 deep on the shelves. Now it’s damn near allocated
Just saw a report that they are increasing production. Will see how that goes. Fortunately I have two 1.5L in the bunker. Hopefully will last me for a little while.

All Sazerac branded liquors will be a lot more available soon due to the distributor. Includes all Buffalo Trace products in that.
Yes. They broke with RNDC to do their own thing. Unfortunately here in Georgia, they still have to go through one of the two approved distributors in the state.

I read recently where Pappy's is just a blend of 4 Blanton's. Never had either of the two brands though. I just always assumed that with all the hype and cost of a Pappy's it was a highly crafted distillate. Surprised me to find out they just blend some less expensive Blanton's to make Pappy's.

I read recently where Pappy's is just a blend of 4 Blanton's. Never had either of the two brands though. I just always assumed that with all the hype and cost of a Pappy's it was a highly crafted distillate. Surprised me to find out they just blend some less expensive Blanton's to make Pappy's.

Actually, 2 wellers

Reactions: GVF
Depends on where you live. It has been this way in Chattanooga for many moons. Now they’ve really gotten into the “bundles” with a bottle of Buffalo trace or Eagle rare paired with some rotgut barrel pick for $120+. I’m pretty sure this is illegal but I’ve not looked into it too much. My BIL lives in Texas and he has no issue gifting us bottles of BT, ER, Blanton’s, etc. It’s depressing that he can walk into a store halfway across the country and buy those with ease when I’m so much closer and can only find higher end stuff at raffles or way overpriced.

Depends on where you live. It has been this way in Chattanooga for many moons. Now they’ve really gotten into the “bundles” with a bottle of Buffalo trace or Eagle rare paired with some rotgut barrel pick for $120+. I’m pretty sure this is illegal but I’ve not looked into it too much. My BIL lives in Texas and he has no issue gifting us bottles of BT, ER, Blanton’s, etc. It’s depressing that he can walk into a store halfway across the country and buy those with ease when I’m so much closer and can only find higher end stuff at raffles or way overpriced.

Store here sells Blanton's (at a reasonable price) but only if you buy the Sazarec Wheatley Vodka. I don't participate in that.

A lot of places do the bundles and I don’t mind them I know some people hate them. I have friends and colleagues in Austin and Houston, what they tell me is there it’s harder to find anything and if they do it’s crazy like Blantons for $130. I know a couple of places in TN I can get BT or ER for retail but I have to drive a bit.

I have been nerding out on clear ice for while.
We have a rather nice and new Frigidaire with the extra ice maker in the bottom freezer if you need to turn it on, but it doesn't make these designer cubes. For sipping a whiskey, a designer cube looks pretty cool, plus it's melt rate is prob alot slower making for a more consistent sip on the rocks.

Reactions: GTBATV
We have a rather nice and new Frigidaire with the extra ice maker in the bottom freezer if you need to turn it on, but it doesn't make these designer cubes. For sipping a whiskey, a designer cube looks pretty cool, plus it's melt rate is prob alot slower making for a more consistent sip on the rocks.
Supposedly the surface area for large format, and the less air and minerals in clear ice is supposed to melt slower. I don't know if it makes much difference. At the end of the day it looks nice and I enjoy the drink a little better.

Our fridge makes generic ice and it's fine for everything else. I did the cooler method for a long time, cutting my own cubes and I still do occasionally. I have a Japanese press for spheres. That cube came from something called tru cubes. It's the simplest and quickest for me. Like I said, I have been nerding out waaay too much on it.

Supposedly the surface area for large format, and the less air and minerals in clear ice is supposed to melt slower. I don't know if it makes much difference. At the end of the day it looks nice and I enjoy the drink a little better.

Our fridge makes generic ice and it's fine for everything else. I did the cooler method for a long time, cutting my own cubes and I still do occasionally. I have a Japanese press for spheres. That cube came from something called tru cubes. It's the simplest and quickest for me. Like I said, I have been nerding out waaay too much on it.

Sounds like me trying to perfect sourdough bread making just cause we bought a kitchenaid. Then again, a kitchenaid costs too much to sit and look pretty. Same for women.

Reactions: GTBATV

VN Store

Back