Whisky, bourbon or scotch and what's your favorite?

The Carribbean Rum finish is Pact 5 or their 2019 release. The Pact 8 from this year I think is around $135, so if you are only talking about the juice then there are much better options at that price or below. That being said, it is different every year, somewhat hard to find, and a very approachable 98 proof. So a good buy just to have something rare/limited.

Cool. I also sampled “Boss Hog” 8 and 9, which go for about $600. They weren’t as good as Blood Oath. Definitely not worth $600.

Reactions: bigeasy
Cool. I also sampled “Boss Hog” 8 and 9, which go for about $600. They weren’t as good as Blood Oath. Definitely not worth $600.

I find the Boss Hog series quite tasty. Boss Hog VII: Magellan's Atlantic is as nice of a rye as I've ever had.

Kentucky Owl Takumi Edition, $110

A collaboration between Kentucky Owl and the Nagahama Distillery in Japan. It’s a blend of 4, 5, 6 and 13 year old bourbons which showcases Kentucky bourbon through the eyes of Japanese whiskey distillers

It’s a caramel-y and well-rounded

Oh, and it is snowing in Denver

326001785_935770994454595_1721574411047682832_n.jpg

Last edited:
I tried it last night for the first time and was pleasantly surprised, given the number of negative reviews I had seen. I'll spring for a bottle next time I'm out.

That was my first bottle and was surprised as well. Next time I have an occasion to celebrate I might try the 22. Maybe it's not as overpriced as what some say it is.

That was my first bottle and was surprised as well. Next time I have an occasion to celebrate I might try the 22. Maybe it's not as overpriced as what some say it is.
It really does strike an interesting note where I can taste a Dickel/JD maple sweetness AND a Kentucky Buffalo trace-style lineage.

That's a cool looking place. Mind sharing where that is?

Thanks for the compliment. We built an off‐grid glamping site at the back of one of our properties here in Wayne County Ga. We built 2 tents and put in a deck beneath a large oak tree where we grill, watch ball games and hangout by the firepit. We also put in a solar powered deep well with the solar panels also charging batteries during the day to run the lights etc at night. My wife and I got the inspiration from Undercanvass Glamping. One of our small life goals is to stay at every Undercanvas and we said hey, we have the land, why not use it as a little get away.

Last edited:
Thanks for the compliment. We built an off‐grid glamping site at the back of one of our properties here in Wayne County Ga. We built 2 tents and put in a deck beneath a large oak tree where we grill, watch ball games and hangout by the firepit. We also put in a solar powered deep well with the solar panels also charging batteries during the day to run the lights etc at night. My wife and I got the inspiration from Undercanvass Glamping. One of our small life goals is to stay at every Undercanvas and we said hey, we have the land, why not use it as a little get away.
Very cool. Would love to do that on our property one day.

Reactions: VolinWayne
I was gifted a bottle of Old Ezra 15 Year Sippin Whiskey. Im not familiar with it and didn’t come across many helpful resources online. Anyone able to provide insights, taste complaints, etc?

Attachments

• 81B1D296-F646-4D93-9E0F-0B4472B68E29.jpeg
    81B1D296-F646-4D93-9E0F-0B4472B68E29.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 3
Reactions: VolinWayne
I was gifted a bottle of Old Ezra 15 Year Sippin Whiskey. Im not familiar with it and didn’t come across many helpful resources online. Anyone able to provide insights, taste complaints, etc?
THat's what I've been looking for. Old Ezra in the wood box. all I could remember about it visually. I had some a really long time ago when I was not a whisky fan at all, and drank next to nothing in general. What I do remember was da**, that's whisky? Been trying to find it for a long time, but probably couldn't afford it. The 7 year is $108, so you got a heck of a gift. Granted, my taste of this was some 30 years ago, but not having a interest in sipping whisky then, I recall it being quite smooth. It's somewhat a rare find these days. It's mostly bottled for Japanese export.

Last edited:
I purchased a bottle of sweetens cove when it first came out just for the support and to have it on my shelf. I've only had a few pours out of it. Dickel is just not my flavor profile.

Reactions: VolNRaleighNC
20230128_185240.jpg
My Grandad's old favorite coffee mug
His Masters rocks glass
One of two pilsner glasses that my old roommate/best friend and I drank from ONLY during the 98 Vols games. We had them engraved after the season. Retired until another championship.
98 Jager NC mug

VN Store

Back