Whisky, bourbon or scotch and what's your favorite?

My contact at the liquor store called and said you may want to stop by. Picked up bottles of Blanton’s, EL Taylor small batch, eagle rare, and this one...

View attachment 544461
Now you are just bragging! I haven't seen a bottle of Stagg in probably two years. Looks like they are starting to ship a little more lately.

Last edited:
Reactions: InVOLuntary
Took the cheap and easy way out. I like Proper 12 Irish anyway for an affordable daily sip. The store had Proper 12 Irish Apple. Different, good, and really nice on the rocks.

Found this one at a local store for a good price with a layer of dust on it. Thank God for good timing.
View attachment 545631
Really really good stuff. Best thing about HP is that the peatiness, while strong, is a balanced part of the character and doesn't simply dominate as a central pillar of the flavor. Same with the smokiness.

Sad that it was dusty though. I've dusted off one or two myself though, must admit.

Reactions: BilboTN
Congrats. Enjoying some Four Roses single barrel currently. Pretty darn good

Four Roses is my "go to". I've tried most of the <$100 bourbons, and a couple over the line. I must not have much of a bourbon palate, 'cause I can't taste half of the "hints of" that the bourbon snobs talk about. I just go with what tastes good to me.

Laugh if you will, but I put a couple of cubes of watermelon in the bottom of the glass...add an ice ball...then cover it with three fingers of good Kentucky bourbon. Great way to end a good day, or forget a rough one.

Go Vols.

Four Roses is my "go to". I've tried most of the <$100 bourbons, and a couple over the line. I must not have much of a bourbon palate, 'cause I can't taste half of the "hints of" that the bourbon snobs talk about. I just go with what tastes good to me.

Laugh if you will, but I put a couple of cubes of watermelon in the bottom of the glass...add an ice ball...then cover it with three fingers of good Kentucky bourbon. Great way to end a good day, or forget a rough one.

Go Vols.

That sounds great.

I hear ya on the spirit snob stuff. Drink what is good to you for what you are willing to pay. I'm the same on wine and can pick out some excellent world class wines under $30, and solid sips under $15. Same with whiskey. Legent is a really good $30 bourbon.

Reactions: 2EastTnVols

Go Vols.

4 roses is one of my favorites as well.....was introduced to it at our tailgate about 3 years ago when a couple of UK fans attended our tailgate. They brought it as a peace offering contribution.
Woodford Reserve double oaked is my other reasonably priced favorite

The current increase in price and inconsistent availability of Nelson Brothers Original bourbon prompted me to try their Tennessee sour mash whiskey. I am favorably impressed.

VN Store

Back