Whisky, bourbon or scotch and what's your favorite?

81845557_2490171211235835_4180561234229198848_n.jpg

Got a line on a bottle of Blanton’s. If it doesn’t blow my mind I’m going to set the building on fire.

Just purchased the Ridgemont Reserve 1792. Needed something spicy for the rainy weather we're enjoying in East TN.

Agree on the Blanton's. A good pour, but I'm not rushing out of a meeting if I get wind a store has it.

My store got some Stagg Jr in and I passed on it. I never thought it was that great but I just read a review online that said its really good this year.

That ALCAN highway is a trip. Make sure you have plenty of gas. This time of year could be scary stuff. Bring emergency gear, food, water etc.
It's not that bad. Made the trip 4 times. Even when we had problems along the route (we were able to get cell service).

I'm not as well versed in all the varieties you guys are, but I found a new one to try last night. I like this pretty good, and the price was ok for a poor old guy like me. 20200103_125824.jpg

Reactions: Smokeytom
Does it say Ridgemont Reserve on the bottle?

Not anymore. I believe there was a legal dispute with another distillery, so they removed the ridgemont reserve branding from the bottle. Bottles now have only the 1792 branding.

Not anymore. I believe there was a legal dispute with another distillery, so they removed the ridgemont reserve branding from the bottle. Bottles now have only the 1792 branding.
Ok didn’t know if you had bought an old one

Really want to try that Dickel BnB. I prefer Dickel over Jack for Tennessee Whiskeys.

You inspired me to try another pour from the 90% full bottle of Dickel BiB that’s been sitting on my shelf for 6 months. Yep, still hate it.

I actually passed up Eagle Rare for this bottle because Total Wine considered it allocated at the time ( and you could only get one allocated bottle per day). :::facepalm:::

If you’re in Knoxville, you are welcome to a healthy sampling. I advise you try before you buy.

You inspired me to try another pour from the 90% full bottle of Dickel BiB that’s been sitting on my shelf for 6 months. Yep, still hate it.

I actually passed up Eagle Rare for this bottle because Total Wine considered it allocated at the time ( and you could only get one allocated bottle per day). :::facepalm:::

If you’re in Knoxville, you are welcome to a healthy sampling. I advise you try before you buy.
Lol! In NW Arkansas. Haven’t seen it before. I’m sure there are much worse $36 whiskeys though

Found a bottle of the Dickel BnB. Had to pay $62 for it 🥴 but hey not the most I’ve spent on a single bottle of likka. With that said, don’t really feel it’s worth it.

image.jpg

VN Store

Back