Whisky, bourbon or scotch and what's your favorite?

Got a line on a bottle of Blanton’s. If it doesn’t blow my mind I’m going to set the building on fire.
Get the insurance on the building first... I don't drink much anymore but bought a bottle for my son on his birthday to share with his friends and the consensus was it would be great at 1/10 the demand and half the price.
BTW free worthless advice if you are ever in the Morehead City NC area and want to go offshore fishing look up Capt Thomas Wood on Dancin Outlaw and get you a t-shirt!

Found a bottle of the Dickel BnB. Had to pay $62 for it 🥴 but hey not the most I’ve spent on a single bottle of likka. With that said, don’t really feel it’s worth it. I definitely like it, but not something I’m willing to pay $60 for ever again.

image.jpg

Found a bottle of the Dickel BnB. Had to pay $62 for it 🥴 but hey not the most I’ve spent on a single bottle of likka. With that said, don’t really feel it’s worth it. I definitely like it, but not something I’m willing to pay $60 for ever again.

View attachment 252359
Ow yeah that’s almost twice what it sells for around here.

Has anyone tried Roaming Man Rye? A buddy’s mom owns a liquor store and said she had a bit of it if I was interested but I’ve not heard of it.

at 13.5%, North Coast Brewing's Old Stock Ale 2018 Cellar Reserve nearly qualifies
ale aged in rye whiskey barrels

Drank some tequila tonight that was aged in Thomas H. Handy barrels.

Y'all ought to get into some extra añejos if you've yet to treat yourself. They're almost all aged in whiskey casks long enough to open like bourbon, but finish with the agave. It's pretty great.

Drank some tequila tonight that was aged in Thomas H. Handy barrels.

Y'all ought to get into some extra añejos if you've yet to treat yourself. They're almost all aged in whiskey casks long enough to open like bourbon, but finish with the agave. It's pretty great.
Do most folks drink that neat, rocks, what?

anything tonight .... face surgery Thursday morning.....weather may ppd our mexican and tequila night,
plenty of knob creek on hand

Do most folks drink that neat, rocks, what?

I think you’d have to go neat. Even an ice cube would deaden any flavor and complexity. Then again, I don’t like putting anything in any fine liquor other than like two or three drops of water in a good single malt scotch to set off whatever chemical reaction it is that opens it up.

Don’t get me wrong, I love a good margarita but there’s no point in putting anything more than a reposado in that. Añejos are wasted if you don’t enjoy all the taste and character that they have to offer.

Good god, I sound like a snob. Maybe I just need another drink....

Gentleman Jack is better than Blanton’s and Basil Hayden’s is better than both. So much acetone in Blanton’s. Can’t do it.

A blend of their own single malt “Virginia highland” whisky with scotch highland whisky finished in Virginia cider casks. A light whisky and can definitely taste subtle apple flavors. Interesting and decent enough. Worth a try

Last edited:

VN Store

Back