Whisky, bourbon or scotch and what's your favorite?

The 97 is more hot that the 1920? Wow. 1920 is highest proof! Although I gotta say, 1920 is crazy flavorful. The hot doesn’t hit the tongue til very late which is really interesting with a 110+ proof
Yes for me the 1897, has a very alcohol laden nose. Whereas the 1920 has that dried fruit nose, which to me is more agreeable

Long Story, but I ended up with a bottle of Pappy 15. Should I drink it or sell it? Haven't made up my mind. If I drink it it's gonna be a special occasion. Is it anywhere near worth the hype?

I really liked the Kirk and Sweeney Rum. Very smooth, almost vanilla.

I got the 23 year and I’ve definitely been happy with the purchase.

When I was doing my assignment in Myrtle Beach, I went up to Wilmington NC and stumbled in a rum bar that had a bottle of rum from the last year the British Royal Navy had a rum ration. It was stupid expensive but I got in good with the owner and he let me try it. I think it was called Black Tot.

Got ingredients to make old fashioneds tonight see how it goes...

Don't short yourself on the ango bitters like most people do. At least 6 dashes. 2 or 3 dashes of orange bitters. Just make your own 2:1 ratio of raw sugar syrup instead of that weak simple syrup (that is way overpriced for sugar water).

The only fruit that should be in the drink is a peel of orange. Leave the maraschino for the shirley temples.

Don't short yourself on the ango bitters like most people do. At least 6 dashes. 2 or 3 dashes of orange bitters. Just make your own 2:1 ratio of raw sugar syrup instead of that weak simple syrup (that is way overpriced for sugar water).

The only fruit that should be in the drink is a peel of orange. Leave the maraschino for the shirley temples.

AYE AYE COMMANDANT!!!!

just mix with whiskey and a couple dashes of bitters you’ve got yourself an old fashioned
iu

How’s the new Jefferson’s Ocean? It looks to be a wheated bourbon. I almost picked some up just now, but got a bottle of Old Forester 1920 and High West Double Rye.

JMO, Ocean is good, but not sure it's worth the price. Plenty of other good ones for a lot less. 1920 Prohibition at 115 proof is nice and smooth. I think it's a rock star in that category.

JMO, Ocean is good, but not sure it's worth the price. Plenty of other good ones for a lot less. 1920 Prohibition at 115 proof is nice and smooth. I think it's a rock star in that category.

I have a bottle of that as well. Good stuff.

VN Store

Back