Where we stand right now.

BS!!! Why would Cut leave Duke as head coach to "come home licking Fulmer and companies shoes" He is in a comfortable position. Duke is as good as they have been in my lifetime. No, he has it setup til he retires.
Notice how I said probably unlikely? Reading comprehension my friend, use it.

We ain't UGA....

what do you mean? I understand we are not UGA, please explain your meaning because I am sure it will make my point. They have better talent at this point than we do, and when their QB we down.....they started to suck!

Our defense is bad because our defense is bad.

Our OL is mediocre because our OL is mediocre.

It's the whole team. We've seen backups and others - Chryst, Maurer, Shrout. It's all the same. Name guys that have developed this year...good luck.

Pruitt gotta go

why do you think the OL is bad? Why do you think the defense is bad? Please explain instead of making a blanket statement without any thought. Has Maurer, Strout, or anyone else actually been given an extended chance?

Have they ran the play book and given a week to prepare, or are they usually in for a couple series, hand the ball off mostly and then ask to covert a 3rd and 14 for their first pass?

Maybe the OL is struggling because the defense they are facing has ZERO fear of getting beat deep, so they are able to rush 6 or 7 and not worry about what happens in the secondary. You are upset because our 5 guys cant block their 7 guys?

Do you think the huge guys that we have on the DL might get worn down. They play a TON of snaps per game because our QB cant convert a 3rd down if his life depended on it.

These are problem that every VOL fan can see but to understand why they are happening and keep happening takes some thought and understanding of how one thing relies on the others. Give one of the other QB's EVERY snap during a weeks prep, let them run the play book as JG was allowed to in the beginning and see what happens.

Do you think these kids know they are gonna get beat as soon as they give up a score because the offense sucks? Do you really believe they dont know the same issues we know, see the same things we see? They wanna win and when they get down by 10 points they know that is not possible, think the effort is still 100% when that happens? Human nature says no, not because they dont care or dont try, just natural when you know you have zero shot at winning.

what do you mean? I understand we are not UGA, please explain your meaning because I am sure it will make my point. They have better talent at this point than we do, and when their QB we down.....they started to suck!
I'm not saying that good QB is not critical. I'm saying, unlike UGA, we are deficient in several places (including coaching), hence we very likely may go 2-8... UGA will not.

If that makes your point, that's ok, but we're not in the same zip code as UGA and I'm not convinced good QB play would make a huge difference in our case.

Private or public doesn’t affect a coach trying to leverage press rumors into a better salary. Am I missing something?

It's more about what Liberty is. Has anyone lived in Lynchburg? I have, it's a crap town, and the politics of LU are oppressive. My guess is that Freeze is playing the long game here - get wins on the field, and say all the right things about repenting on camera - until he gets an offer elsewhere and can bolt.

No high caliber coach would WANT to make LU/Lynchburg his dream job and stay.

Reactions: sierraorange
Sure it would, its called momentum, they have none with jg. Get a good qb and you will see the difference all over the field. They have shown to be very good until jg screws up and zap, no momentum at all. 1st half of Ga. game we were ahead, then the real jg shows up. Same with Ky, I think they had 3 points at half time. A solid qb will do wonders for this team. Actually I don't see us losing but one game so far with a good qb, and that would be the bama game. We had Ga on the ropes. And we certainly would have beat Ky and Ark
They cant stop a freaking slant in the first damned quarter.

QB play is not the reason why.

You guys blaming JG for poor technique on defense, for embarrassingly bad tackling and anything other than 4th quater collapses are far too into hating on the QB. But even with the poor QB play the time of possession isnt bad enough for that to happen.

JG isnt good....but neither is our defensive guru masquerading as a HC.

The only way to get anything done is to quit watching, quit buying tickets, quit buying gear, and let the money quit flowing. UT football has been dead for a long time now yet look at all the millionsires in charge. Insane!!!!

Where we stand? Let’s be real. We are one of the worst P5 teams there is. It’s that simple. We just lost one of our highly ranked DBs we had recruited. Face it, we are a sinking ship and recruits are seeing it.

Yet we have a HC that said 17 points against a bad Auburn team was one of the best offensive performances we have had this year. I mean I wish I could laugh but I cannot.

If the university truly cared about the football program it would do something. But it doesn’t so it won’t.

Reactions: VolArmy74
If I were in charge, I would fire Pruitt tomorrow and promote Chaney to acting HC. Keep the rest of the staff for the rest of the season to avoid that part of the buyout. And then just roll into the off-season with that interim setup. Stay with Chaney until Freeze or whoever you want becomes available. Or if Chaney excels, you already got him onboard and can make him permanent. Sort of like Orgeron at LSU or Fulmer at UT.
Who would coach the DL, Ainsley?

Last edited:
If I were in charge, I would fire Pruitt tomorrow and promote Chaney to acting HC. Keep the rest of the staff for the rest of the season to avoid that part of the buyout. And then just roll into the off-season with that interim setup. Stay with Chaney until Freeze or whoever you want becomes available. Or if Chaney excels, you already got him onboard and can make him permanent. Sort of like Orgeron at LSU or Fulmer at UT.
I am glad you are not in charge.

VN Store

Back